• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Wairau

Should this map be added to MCSG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanTwoThree

Survivor
Reaction score
He said that no terrain means bad map. So maybe if thought just a little bit hard.. Just a tiny bit. You might understand that he was saying it needs more terrain. Rofl over here. :'D

EDIT: The map is actually ok terraforming wise it just needs like some flowers etc .. Try to add bone meal every where but not too much!

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
thank you
JuanTwoThree, that made much more sense. as for double posting i was just replying to two different comments, not an intention bump, just trying to learn and understand how to make our map better.

ParticleMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Pleeeeeeeease don't add too much bonemeal, fns in a grassy place is suuuuuch a pain

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
WHAT THE HELL.
No terraforming = no terrain.
And no terrain = bad map.
thanks for the constructive criticism m8. Not
if your going to hate explain why...
and there is plenty of terraforming and terrain.
again, please say what you mean by No terraforming = no terrain. the terraforming is present and it is good.
And what makes it worse is that your a terraformer for redforest. So you know a lot about it. therefore you could give some good feed back. why the straight up hate?
sorry, where did I double post? and blue herrion did not leave any good tips or ways to improve our map was my point
The message was supposed to be read in between the lines, and there was some pretty big spacing inbetween those lines.

Basically, terrain refers to those slight elevation and depressions in the land. Look at Valleyside University or SG4. Look specifically at expanses of land with not many buildings, you'll see that the land level varies, it'll go up a block here, down a block there, and so forth. This adds dimension to chases, and the possibility that maybe, hopefully, your annoying runner will be caught on one of these and fall into your wanting hands.

What I'd recommend is to create these interesting lands is to either a) go around with a small(3-5)ball brush (with voxelsniper) and overlay all the flat land with these balls, and then blend it over, or you can b) raise and lower the ground with the /b e melt and /b e lift commands, but remember to re-smooth/blend the land afterwards :)

How's that for helpful criticism? Nintendonuts GibbyMC

EDIT: to make your lives even easier and this post more useful, I went out and captured some example screenshots: http://imgur.com/zRlwgw8,6vkTJAN,QO0gpQI

Also, sorry for the late response, I was out all weekend :/

Last edited:

LittleRawr_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally think the flat land makes a better area to fight and I see some decent terrain. To me if it was my choice, I would rather this than many maps already on the mcsg servers.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I personally think the flat land makes a better area to fight and I see some decent terrain. To me if it was my choice, I would rather this than many maps already on the mcsg servers.
thankyou <3 tell your pals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci