• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Computer Should I Get?

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
If you are not allowed to build it yourself, still get it custom, just get the suppliers to build it for you it won't cost much more.
Really good idea dude! But you would have to pay for labor = probably 50 - 100 $s more.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Really good idea dude! But you would have to pay for labor = probably 50 - 100 $s more.
But it's equal if not cheaper than buying a computer that's already been put together. Computers that have already been put together tend to not be so good for their price.

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
But it's equal if not cheaper than buying a computer that's already been put together. Computers that have already been put together tend to not be so good for their price.
Yup you got a really good point there :p

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
If you are not allowed to build it yourself, still get it custom, just get the suppliers to build it for you it won't cost much more.
Computers already made cost 20% more. However, what you suggesting... who would I send it into? How would I know where to start to find all the parts /:

This looks like a pretty good one, though like Danielbess says Windows 8 = crap you might be able to downgrade it though http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Xtreme-GXi990-Desktop/dp/B009LFV95U/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365387009&sr=1-13&keywords=gaming computer desktop
That computer looks amazing, not to mention the Nvidia out graphics card--just now finding the screen.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Computers already made cost 20% more. However, what you suggesting... who would I send it into? How would I know where to start to find all the parts
Just order a computer with custom parts and ask for it to be put together. Well, there are companies that do that, some even with a creation website to choose the parts.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Tip of advice: Don't buy one, build one! :)
EDIT: Follow Shaun, he's the best advice-giving person I know.

Fax

Career
Reaction score
What Shaun is saying is correct. I got my computer from http://www.dinopc.com/ as I live in the U.K. I HIGHLY suggest doing some research to find the cheapest trustworthy custom pc building company for your country.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Just order a computer with custom parts and ask for it to be put together. Well, there are companies that do that, some even with a creation website to choose the parts.
Tip of advice: Don't buy one, build one! :)
EDIT: Follow Shaun, he's the best advice-giving person I know.
Okay, so I'm going to assemble a computer, any suggestions about which parts I should aim for?

EDIT: I have a twin brother who is looking for a laptop for 600$ and under. The computer should be mainly designed for schoolwork, but have the ability to play Minecraft with 40fps on far with Optifine. He is not techno enough to do what I'm doing... Suggestions?

xBreakk

Experienced
Reaction score
I've been researching this as well, because I'm looking into obtaining a new computer for possible video recordings. Right now, I'm looking at either the version with the 2 TB of RAM and Intel i7, or the one with i5s and 1 TB Ram.

I've gone through the entire process with the 2 TB / i7s, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. My total sum after going through their "personalizing" process was about $1,150. However, if I can save a few hundred dollars and downgrade to the i5s and 1 TB, that'd be nice as well, as I need to get microphones / headsets (I'm looking into the x12s for that) and possibly a keyboard.

What is the difference between i5s and i7s?
i7 is a bigger processor, which only will effect you if you are into editing/rendering stuff. For gaming I would always go with an i5, its cheaper, and makes no difference for gaming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci