• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you guys think of SG5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't really understand how everyone including me is getting lag but its happening and also the lack of tier 2s is a real annoyance and those I think are the main two reasons why everyone isn't voting for it but otherwise I love the map :)
-ferno

Hudderguy

Spectator
Reaction score
When we build the Survival games maps we aim for Vanilla only, We didn't make another version for mcsg so any changes for the mcsg servers is up to them. Hence why there are inactive command blocks on the servers.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I like it, I don't get lag (despite my ancient computer) , But I've only played on it once. Every other time, people will skip and all vote breeze island. Chad, can you have some servers play only sg5 (or the latest map) so this can't happen?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I like it, I don't get lag (despite my ancient computer) , But I've only played on it once. Every other time, people will skip and all vote breeze island. Chad, can you have some servers play only sg5 (or the latest map) so this can't happen?
like i said, i havnt played it once on the servers. Chad, if you see this, please think about seperating the servers by playstyle (pvpers:small maps, Survivors(me): larger maps) so that everyone can get what they want.

loic1212

Diamond
Reaction score
Remove the redstone and command blocks it's laggy as hell. And to be honest with you guys it's the worst map of the 5.

survivalfanatic

Tribute
Reaction score
I love the detail put into certain stuff like the bridge and the plane, and especially the broken empire state building. But as a in-game experience its just okay. I do like the unique corn, but yeah, I do wish the buildings contain more stuff or something I guess.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Remove the amount of redstone and the command blocks in it because they were not removed. It causes a fair bit of lag.
I think the map is going to end up like overgrown arena, and sg 3. Both of those maps are well made, like sg 5. Both those maps are massive, like sg 5. Also both of those maps don't have many tier two's (this is comparing sg 3 to sg 4), like sg 5. Honestly I think this map will be played very rarely, and end up like SG 3 and overgrown arena. I do think SG 3 had more of a chance though as it was played often for about a week. I think Sg 5 is done being played with now, it's hit that point where everyone starts skipping it. If someone was to make an announcement that SG 5 is being updated, like more tier two's and the ability to climb buildings and getting rid of that hidden underground city to remove some lag, then SG 5 will continue to be played and might end up more like SG 2 or 4.
Remove the redstone and command blocks it's laggy as hell. And to be honest with you guys it's the worst map of the 5.
Not fond of it. its a bit too laggy for me(I've seen the unnecessary redstone)

Theres also too many chests out in the open. My least favorite Vareide map, sorry :/

For those of you lagging because of the underground city of the redstone, MCSG are welcome to remove the redstone or city if they please. The City is only there for us when we were building it so we could see where abouts the snow would go above it and the redstone is so it can be played on a vanilla minecraft server. The maps are not specifically made for MCSG we want them to be able to be played by anyone who has their own server. If there is something on the map that makes it incompatible with MCSG and causes issues for their servers then it is up to them to remove it :)

Sidera - Team Vareide Community Management Admin

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
I love the map, it's just no Tier 2s except corn :eek:

I hate the the floating snow at the edge of the map you can't see below you and me and my friend fell in cobwebs :/

I love it though :)
I enjoy this map!

The only downside is that their are no Tier 2 chests, but that is a MCSG issue, not a TV issue.
My favorite map out of all the ones on the server. I love the theme, the buildings, and the innovative corn. However, the lack of tier two chests does detract from its appeal just a bit.
This map fits perfectly with it's inspiration, 'TheDayAfterTomarrow'. So far I have been enjoying it, and I honestly believe a good fraction of the players like the map as well. But due to players experiencing either lag, and/or need for maps that are more familiar to them (Breeze, Sg4) they seem to 'skip' it as an option. Though I personally have only played SG5 4 or 5 times, I think of it well designed and displays the talent of TV. With tier 2 chests implemented, and time I think it will give the other popular maps a run for their money.;)
i want Tier 2 and its awesome
Personally I think the map looks amazing, the buildings of this one almost rival SG2 imo, but it's a bit lacking in both the amount of chests (especially tier 2's) and it can run a bit bleak for the normal high level of survival and PVP action.
I don't really understand how everyone including me is getting lag but its happening and also the lack of tier 2s is a real annoyance and those I think are the main two reasons why everyone isn't voting for it but otherwise I love the map :)
-ferno

Ok guys in regards to Tier 2 chests Chad and his team at MCSG chooses those not us so if you want that fixed you have to talk to them, hopefully they will see this feedback and improve on the chests :)

As hwracer said thats up to MCSG not TV

Sidera - Team Vareide Community Management Admin

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For those of you lagging because of the underground city of the redstone, MCSG are welcome to remove the redstone or city if they please. The City is only there for us when we were building it so we could see where abouts the snow would go above it and the redstone is so it can be played on a vanilla minecraft server. The maps are not specifically made for MCSG we want them to be able to be played by anyone who has their own server. If there is something on the map that makes it incompatible with MCSG and causes issues for their servers then it is up to them to remove it :)

- Sidera Team Vareide Community Management Admin
I knew that was unnecessary, I hope someone in the MCSG team puts on the responsibility to remove all of that, then it would much more enjoyable and I wouldnt play with 15 fps.

If someone could do this, I would cherish them with joy and ever so much love!<3

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
I love it, but people don't vote it because it makes less powerful buildings lag.

I dislike how only the bottom floors of buildings are done and you can't climb higher, though. There's a lot of potential with tier 2s, etc, with high buildings with multiple floors.
Played it once w/ my friends (STILL HAVENT PLAYED IT ON THE SERVERS:mad:!!!!!!!!) and i won, i personaly love it but i cant say anything because i still dont know much about it.
Haven't played it
This map fits perfectly with it's inspiration, 'TheDayAfterTomarrow'. So far I have been enjoying it, and I honestly believe a good fraction of the players like the map as well. But due to players experiencing either lag, and/or need for maps that are more familiar to them (Breeze, Sg4) they seem to 'skip' it as an option. Though I personally have only played SG5 4 or 5 times, I think of it well designed and displays the talent of TV. With tier 2 chests implemented, and time I think it will give the other popular maps a run for their money.;)
the map is good but no one want to vote on it :(
like i said, i havnt played it once on the servers. Chad, if you see this, please think about seperating the servers by playstyle (pvpers:small maps, Survivors(me): larger maps) so that everyone can get what they want.

Ok this is to address the fact that it seems people are not voting for the map and a lot of people have not yet had the chance to play it etc.
Firstly because it has command blocks its pretty simple to set up your own server to play it with some friends if you are really having problems getting it on the server.
Secondly I think that it would be a good idea to have a specific server to play these maps, I remember back when MCSG started Team Vareide had their own specific MCSG server. I think it would be really awesome to have that reimplemented for hardcore Team Vareide fans and members so they have a place to go if they only want to play the Official survival games maps and/or prehaps have a server that only has the newest maps on that runs on a loop through the newest maps so people are garunteed to be able to check them out and give an opinion without hacing people able to skip maps. I also liked the idea of having style specific servers such as a server where you could play the larger maps only and another server for smaller style maps like breeze island and SG4.

Those are all things I personally would like to be thought about by the MCSG team.

Sidera - Team Vareide Community Managment Admin

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I knew that was unnecessary, I hope someone in the MCSG team puts on the responsibility to remove all of that, then it would much more enjoyable and I wouldnt play with 15 fps.

If someone could do this, I would cherish them with joy and ever so much love!<3
I'll go and do it :p

What would the underground city be replaced with, specifically? Snow?

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll go and do it :p

What would the underground city be replaced with, specifically? Snow?
It could just be snow I suppose or just removed or the whole map moved lower completely removing the underground city. I don't know what would work, I guess it would need to be experimented with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci