• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you miss most at MCGamer?

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
If there are some things I really really miss are:
  • Obviously the old 1.7 version :[
  • The old voting system with the map that gets the most votes wins
  • Old days where I could actually enjoy MCSG
  • The days where there were no hackers
  • Also the days where thejambd was mod ;(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been a mod for pretty much 11 months, and there have been a lot of changes in the team; however, I'd kinda like to know which system or things about the old systems that you liked and maybe we can somehow implement them into the current moderator job.
The thing that is pretty annoying is that 13 and 14 year old mods try to look professional, using bold letters, color texts and other things, in such a simple thing as a Minecraft community forum. And most people right now that apply for mod only care for themselves and have a big ego. Mods 1 year ago/2 years ago used to understand the community and actually be party of it, as they were long-time members that were liked from the community and didn't just spam the same message all over again.
EDIT: Also, I remember I was like 11,5 and this mod who was like 13 (I asked him), actually started warning me because I swore a bit. The thing is, I couldn't really take him seriously and I was crying of laughter, because my voice was deeper than his. I'm just saying, older people (16-18) will not really take someone seriously, or even listen, if they have a voice lighter than a squirrel's. It's not only the power someone has, but the way they look and sound.

Last edited:

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
The thing that is pretty annoying is that 13 and 14 year old mods try to look professional, using bold letters, color texts and other things, in such a simple thing as a Minecraft community forum. And most people right now that apply for mod only care for themselves and have a big ego. Mods 1 year ago/2 years ago used to understand the community and actually be party of it, as they were long-time members that were liked from the community and didn't just spam the same message all over again.
EDIT: Also, I remember I was like 11,5 and this mod who was like 13 (I asked him), actually started warning me because I swore a bit. The thing is, I couldn't really take him seriously and I was crying of laughter, because my voice was deeper than his. I'm just saying, older people (16-18) will not really take someone seriously, or even listen, if they have a voice lighter than a squirrel's. It's not only the power someone has, but the way they look and sound.
Hey Harrison <3
PS: I agree with all you said big boi =]

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-1.7 (but hey, that's my problem, not MCGamer's. I'm not wasting my time being a snothead to all the staff)
-the days where CreeperFarts hadn't bought 100000 stat resets
-the Cold Hands of Huahwi (;-; rip in peaches Savior-mode Huahwi)
-the days where the Illumanati was still lurking in the shadows (and not being understood by normal people)
-the times where I though MCSG had good NCP and other servers didn't
-the Silver Age of Roxbot (Ceroria )

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
-Looking professional when making posts is more to help you. If we didn't organize threads into sections, no one would read them. Formatting our threads allows community members to locate the sections they want to read.
-I'm not going to lie to you and say that some mods don't do it for themselves, because some do. No disrespect to the staff team, but there are always some bad apples. Most mods do it for the community and for the fellow staff members, though. I almost wish that the requirements for mod and the process should be changed. For example, some sort of trial mod. Normally, the moderators who are egotistical don't do too well, and tend to be disrespectful and biased. If there was a trial, the Sr. Staff could see this and then when it comes to deciding the trials, the Sr. Staff can deny them.
-Whether a moderators voice is lower or not, older or younger, homosexual or straight, Caucasian or African-American, etc... he or she should be listened to. If he or she isn't, then punishments will be put in place. That's the end of the story. An example from real life is police. A 20-30 year old police officer may be dealing with a 40-50 year old drug dealer. It's just life.

Reaction score
-Looking professional when making posts is more to help you. If we didn't organize threads into sections, no one would read them. Formatting our threads allows community members to locate the sections they want to read.
-I'm not going to lie to you and say that some mods don't do it for themselves, because some do. No disrespect to the staff team, but there are always some bad apples. Most mods do it for the community and for the fellow staff members, though. I almost wish that the requirements for mod and the process should be changed. For example, some sort of trial mod. Normally, the moderators who are egotistical don't do too well, and tend to be disrespectful and biased. If there was a trial, the Sr. Staff could see this and then when it comes to deciding the trials, the Sr. Staff can deny them.
-Whether a moderators voice is lower or not, older or younger, homosexual or straight, Caucasian or African-American, etc... he or she should be listened to. If he or she isn't, then punishments will be put in place. That's the end of the story. An example from real life is police. A 20-30 year old police officer may be dealing with a 40-50 year old drug dealer. It's just life.
I have to agree with you, the majority of the mods do it for themselves, but the mod-recruiting rules should be changed ASAP.
Nevertheless, I do not agree with your example, as comparing a gaming server with a police work, is not the way to explain something. The thing I'm trying to say, is that people will "accept" and respect mods if they are mature, sound and look old. People are going to listen to an 18-year old mod, but not to a 13-year old mod, as the older one seems to be more experienced and mature. It's not about racial discrimination, but about how people think and understand.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing is, I couldn't really take him seriously and I was crying of laughter, because my voice was deeper than his. I'm just saying, older people (16-18) will not really take someone seriously, or even listen, if they have a voice lighter than a squirrel's. It's not only the power someone has, but the way they look and sound.
Harris has a point: older people influence young people. I remember joining the cleansweep for the first time and hearing Nephilim's voice, and boy, did I listen. :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I have to agree with you, the majority of the mods do it for themselves, but the mod-recruiting rules should be changed ASAP.
Nevertheless, I do not agree with your example, as comparing a gaming server with a police work, is not the way to explain something. The thing I'm trying to say, is that people will "accept" and respect mods if they are mature, sound and look old. People are going to listen to an 18-year old mod, but not to a 13-year old mod, as the older one seems to be more experienced and mature. It's not about racial discrimination, but about how people think and understand.
Once again, they can refuse to listen but they'll definitely get punished. If only the 18+ mods stayed, we'd probably have less than 50 moderators. Overall, it's up to the community to listen, not the Sr. Staff to get staff members that "sound older".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci