• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who do you think the most influential player of MCSG is?

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
Soul
Made a lot/most of the tactics clan use today
I think he invented Fishing Pole (idk for sure, but he used it in fall 2o12 to push people in walls)
And he invented 180 bow turn (again idk for sure)

Groot

Gold
Reaction score
Hmm. ThatOneTomahawk has had a big influence on these servers. But I think Huahwi is the new most influential man around here. Everyone plays and takes his routes. And even though Graser doesn't really play on mcsg. But I remember him back in like 2012 using and being good with the fishing rod.
But I feel ThatOneTomahawk hasn't had much of an influence on the community, more the community on him. He didn't bring people to MCSG, MCSG brought people to him. Therefore he really hasn't done much, since he has gotten most of his subs (like most of MCSG's YouTube community) from MCSG.

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
However, MCSG wouldn't have come about at all if it weren't for ChadTheDJ. And we needed team Vareide to build our first three maps.
Well Vareide kinda made the first map before MCSG even existed and started making it before MCSG was even a thought so personally i'm not sure MCSG would exist if it wasn't for Vareide's idea. Many people could of course argue that point but please no necro'ing. Having said that, i'm pretty sure if Dennis hadn't come up with the Survival Games map then i'm pretty sure someone else would have done it later down the line and Chad would at that point still have made MCSG so you could equally argue that Chad is the most influential person.

One thing is for sure, survival games is by far still one of the most popular minecraft game modes around and that happened thanks to Vareide and his team making the map and ChadTheDJ having the vision of making an automated plugin system for that map :)

So.... therefore i will put forward that both Vareide and Chad were equally influential and by far both the most influential people :)

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
I have nothing against Huahwi and i mean no offense to any of his fans but the so called "Huahwi fns" was largely popular before Huahwi even got famous, it's just another one of those simple offensive styled placements.
I disagree.

I think it's safe for me to say that I've popularized the use of quick-switching fns-sword to initiate a fight instead of jumping in with a sword. It's a way of defending and attacking at the same time. I've never seen anyone attempt this style of pvp before I created my PVP tip & tricks video.

It's simple to walk backwards, aim, and light a fire on the ground. It's a little bit harder to land an accurate 180 turn-around fire. It's not that simple sprinting forward and placing fire on or in front of an opponent accurately and switching back to your sword to defend yourself while trading equal hits with an opponent and/or outhitting them. No player has ever shown the slightest of consistency and accuracy of this "Element of Surprise FnS" strategy out of my 7 months of playing MCSG. But that's all about to change.

You need full control of your character, your sprint, movements, hotbar and quick fingers. If you can successfully land this accurately at any moment of time in a battle without getting out-hit, than that is what I call total-control. Many players will run for while, prepare to initiate the tactic, but by the time you're ready to initiate, they already know what you're planning to do.

It's a defensive-offensive move that I've practiced and used so that my opponents won't run after trading 1 sword hit. My opponent won't have enough time to react and run because by the time he realizes, it would be too late.

It's simple to say "simple", but harder to explain in full detail.

People are calling it the "Huahwi FnS" because well... there's no name for it and you don't normally see people do this. There are many fancy ways to use the FnS, but consistency and accuracy is what makes one above the rest.

I've been called out for using macros for this because if you quick-switch fast enough, it gives you the illusion that you're lighting fire on the ground with your sword. Next Gen Tactics.

I call it the "FnS Quick-Switch".

Last edited:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I disagree.

I think it's safe for me to say that I've popularized the use of quick-switching fns-sword to initiate a fight instead of jumping in with a sword. It's a way of defending and attacking at the same time. I've never seen anyone attempt this style of pvp before I created my PVP tip & tricks video.
I highly disagree. Running into a battle with fns in hand was used lots before you made that video. Not only that, the FNS tactic was used WAY back in oct 2012, when I started using it. I will give you that you've made it much more popular (grr! my edge is gone D:) but you DEFINITELY didnt create or start it.

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
I highly disagree. Running into a battle with fns in hand was used lots before you made that video. Not only that, the FNS tactic was used WAY back in oct 2012, when I started using it. I will give you that you've made it much more popular (grr! my edge is gone D:) but you DEFINITELY didnt create or start it.
He never said he started/created it. He said he POPULARIZED it.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
He never said he started/created it. He said he POPULARIZED it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci