• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who do you think the most influential player of MCSG is?

Soul

Platinum
Reaction score
There's a video of me using the fishing rod in August :c

blobbypixl97

Spectator
Reaction score
I disagree.

I think it's safe for me to say that I've popularized the use of quick-switching fns-sword to initiate a fight instead of jumping in with a sword. It's a way of defending and attacking at the same time. I've never seen anyone attempt this style of pvp before I created my PVP tip & tricks video.

It's simple to walk backwards, aim, and light a fire on the ground. It's a little bit harder to land an accurate 180 turn-around fire. It's not that simple sprinting forward and placing fire on or in front of an opponent accurately and switching back to your sword to defend yourself while trading equal hits with an opponent and/or outhitting them. No player has ever shown the slightest of consistency and accuracy of this "Element of Surprise FnS" strategy out of my 7 months of playing MCSG. But that's all about to change.

You need full control of your character, your sprint, movements, hotbar and quick fingers. If you can successfully land this accurately at any moment of time in a battle without getting out-hit, than that is what I call total-control. Many players will run for while, prepare to initiate the tactic, but by the time you're ready to initiate, they already know what you're planning to do.

It's a defensive-offensive move that I've practiced and used so that my opponents won't run after trading 1 sword hit. My opponent won't have enough time to react and run because by the time he realizes, it would be too late.

It's simple to say "simple", but harder to explain in full detail.

People are calling it the "Huahwi FnS" because well... there's no name for it and you don't normally see people do this. There are many fancy ways to use the FnS, but consistency and accuracy is what makes one above the rest.

I've been called out for using macros for this because if you quick-switch fast enough, it gives you the illusion that you're lighting fire on the ground with your sword. Next Gen Tactics.

I call it the "FnS Quick-Switch".
Bro, ever heard of gcb99? I am not sure when this FnS trick of yours started but I am pretty sure gcb was doing this quick switch from fns to sword early 2013.
Also Elgoldo.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
Bro, ever heard of gcb99? I am not sure when this FnS trick of yours started but I am pretty sure gcb was doing this quick switch from fns to sword early 2013.
Also Elgoldo.
Thats the thing about FNS tricks I hate the most. It does go for other items (fishing pole, bow, etc.) No one makes a method, and you really can't tell who popularized it. For example, Noahsailer's FNS trick. Sure it was "popularized" by him, but think for a second. If it really is a FNS trick, the person that "popularizes" it is the one who gets the credit. Where as someone could have used it in December 2012, Noahsailer got the credit for making a video about it. Same goes to Huahwi. He may have "popularized" it, but its very likely he didn't create it. Some tricks don't get popularized for the reason that they are tricks which may help someone win.
IMO if I ever find or create a trick, I would keep it a secret for as long as possible, just so that I can use it to win fights.
But it is probable that Huahwi did "popularize" it. He didn't create it (very probable he didn't), but he made it popular. Thats the point

blobbypixl97

Spectator
Reaction score
Thats the thing about FNS tricks I hate the most. It does go for other items (fishing pole, bow, etc.) No one makes a method, and you really can't tell who popularized it. For example, Noahsailer's FNS trick. Sure it was "popularized" by him, but think for a second. If it really is a FNS trick, the person that "popularizes" it is the one who gets the credit. Where as someone could have used it in December 2012, Noahsailer got the credit for making a video about it. Same goes to Huahwi. He may have "popularized" it, but its very likely he didn't create it. Some tricks don't get popularized for the reason that they are tricks which may help someone win.
IMO if I ever find or create a trick, I would keep it a secret for as long as possible, just so that I can use it to win fights.
But it is probable that Huahwi did "popularize" it. He didn't create it (very probable he didn't), but he made it popular. Thats the point
Exactly, you know back in August 1999 I remember I did the 180 F-rod as I like to call it, or also knownas 180 fishing rod knockback, did it into the ravine on SG4 pretty epic, I dont have a video of it, so I couldnt popularize it (Thats a pretty cool word btw)
I also schemnged Dyrus back then, pretty fun stuff.

T

TangStudios

I disagree.

I think it's safe for me to say that I've popularized the use of quick-switching fns-sword to initiate a fight instead of jumping in with a sword. It's a way of defending and attacking at the same time. I've never seen anyone attempt this style of pvp before I created my PVP tip & tricks video.

It's simple to walk backwards, aim, and light a fire on the ground. It's a little bit harder to land an accurate 180 turn-around fire. It's not that simple sprinting forward and placing fire on or in front of an opponent accurately and switching back to your sword to defend yourself while trading equal hits with an opponent and/or outhitting them. No player has ever shown the slightest of consistency and accuracy of this "Element of Surprise FnS" strategy out of my 7 months of playing MCSG. But that's all about to change.

You need full control of your character, your sprint, movements, hotbar and quick fingers. If you can successfully land this accurately at any moment of time in a battle without getting out-hit, than that is what I call total-control. Many players will run for while, prepare to initiate the tactic, but by the time you're ready to initiate, they already know what you're planning to do.

It's a defensive-offensive move that I've practiced and used so that my opponents won't run after trading 1 sword hit. My opponent won't have enough time to react and run because by the time he realizes, it would be too late.

It's simple to say "simple", but harder to explain in full detail.

People are calling it the "Huahwi FnS" because well... there's no name for it and you don't normally see people do this. There are many fancy ways to use the FnS, but consistency and accuracy is what makes one above the rest.

I've been called out for using macros for this because if you quick-switch fast enough, it gives you the illusion that you're lighting fire on the ground with your sword. Next Gen Tactics.

I call it the "FnS Quick-Switch".
He is defiantly the master of F&S

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Someone else has probably said this, but I'm too lazy to look through all the pages.
I would have to say (besides Chad and the devs) that the most influential person/people is Bajan and ASF. I may not like them, and the influence may not have been good, but you can say for certain that their joining really affected MCSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci