• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your opinion on permanent mutes.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Even if the person who did this did broke the rules, it was still JUST A FRIENDLY JOKE BETWEEN FRIENDS.

I am not sorry for caps.
It doesn't matter if it's a joke or not, they broke the rules. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if they're best friends, siblings or anything for that matter.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
It is a little bit of both. It's a harsh punishment yes, but clearly if you get to that point you need to have a very long mute because you have demonstrated that you will continue to repeat the offense. That is why we have the forgiveness policy so that if you learn from your mistake after a year you can have it pardoned.
I feel like it's more extreme than harsh. I feel that it doesn't actually take too much to get permamuted. A couple slip ups and now you can't have any fun with friends ingame. Either because you are muted or because you're aware of the rule and you're too afraid.

I think the forgiveness policy should be lowered to half a year, and that's mostly for bans. I don't even think it's necessary for a mute because even if somebody changes, what's the worst they're going to do, swear? I get that it's against the rules, but I don't think it demands that severe of a punishment. Maybe a couple days ban instead of a perma mute. That gets the message across very clearly too.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
...you said there is no reason to dispute your mute, as it won't be removed anyway...

You aren't supposed to write a dispute unless the ban was unfair or after a long time because of the forgiveness policy....

So yes, if this isn't the case it's pointless to dispute....

I was simply pointing out that it is indeed pointless to dispute your mute as you were saying....

Is this really that hard to understand...?
Sorry for acting so ignorant, I don't know what got into me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci