• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your opinion on permanent mutes.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Maybe you're breaking the rules? It's plain and simple. Although I haven't seen what you've done, so I wouldn't know. Take it up with the specific Mod.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Saying that, I feel there should be a forgiveness policy for the permanent mute, we can all admit that with time, comes maturity. One year a user could be 13 and so immature that he receives the permanent mute punishment and the following year he realises what he was doing and admits to his wrong-doing. I personally think they should allow a strike to be taken of their account following a ban dispute that has been posted at least 8 months after receiving the punishment; permanent mute [Following ban dispute] it takes them back to only committing 3 rule-breaks. As time goes on the minimum months required to post for another 'strike-removal' will go down by 2 months.
Lucky for you. There is a forgiveness policy!

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Totally for permanent mutes. If someone really keeps doing stuff over and over again until they get to a permanent mute, in my opinion they deserve it. It may sound harsh, however we do have policies here c:
You get muted 3 times before a permanent mute, so they do deserve it because they shouldn't of said something the three chances they had.
I agree with you my friend(s), if someone has been told 3 times in advance not to do something then the fourth time they will know what they are doing is wrong. I feel that being Permanently muted is no where near as severe as Expulsion from the Network however it is not exactly something you wish to attain.

Having been a Moderator for a total of one month, I have seen that people do not learn, unless they are punished. The "Permanent Mute" is a punishment that allows regular "normal" community members to roam around the Network free of spam, abusive cuss words and chat flood. What would MCSG be without it?

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with you my friend(s), if someone has been told 3 times in advance not to do something then the fourth time they will know what they are doing is wrong. I feel that being Permanently muted is o where near as severe as Expulsion from the Network however it is not exactly something you wish to attain.

Having been a Moderator for a total of one month, I have seen that people do not learn, unless they are punished. The "Permanent Mute" is a punishment that allows regular "normal" community members to roam around the Network free of spam, abusive cuss words and chat flood. What would MCSG be without it?
A punishment that lasts forever isn't teaching people much as they have no place to show that the punishment has taught them to stop using the language/words they used.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
A punishment that lasts forever isn't teaching people much as they have no place to show that the punishment has taught them to stop using the language/words they used.
Yes, you are correct in stating that. What I meant is that we attempt to teach our user(s) a lesson by giving them 3 chances. If they fail to learn, then they have no one to blame but themselves.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct in stating that. What I meant is that we attempt to teach our user(s) a lesson by giving them 3 chances. If they fail to learn, then they have no one to blame but themselves.
Is the final (permanent) mute to stop the other community members from being exposed to the unallowed chat that the abuser uses or to punish the offender?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Is the final (permanent) mute to stop the other community members from being exposed to the unallowed chat that the abuser uses or to punish the offender?
It is a little bit of both. It's a harsh punishment yes, but clearly if you get to that point you need to have a very long mute because you have demonstrated that you will continue to repeat the offense. That is why we have the forgiveness policy so that if you learn from your mistake after a year you can have it pardoned.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
It is a little bit of both. It's a harsh punishment yes, but clearly if you get to that point you need to have a very long mute because you have demonstrated that you will continue to repeat the offense. That is why we have the forgiveness policy so that if you learn from your mistake after a year you can have it pardoned.
I mean, people can change in under a year...

H

Hunter

I think the system MCGamer has at the moment works very well. If you are really going to continue to repeat an offense over and over again you shouldn't be given the chance to speak any longer. Though some people may see it as harsh, in the end it's only that persons fault for getting themselves permanently muted.

Reaction score
Maybe you're breaking the rules? It's plain and simple. Although I haven't seen what you've done, so I wouldn't know. Take it up with the specific Mod.
The thing is, they're talking about the people who got banned for "Harassing another player" while clearly talking to their friends in chat saying "Mate you did so bad this round lmao uninstall".
I'm not talking about the people that swore generally or not joking, but to the people who are jokingly talking to their friends.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Considering the thing that caused me to be perma muted was saying "flqmes mofo" some of the other things people say should be punishable as well. Surely saying "Flqmes mofo" isn't as bad as saying "go kys" (something that an unnamed user said and was not punished for as "there is no evidence as to whom the insult is directed towards"). Idk, I'm just a regular player and I shouldn't argue with the way the network is ran, but something's I can't exactly fully agree on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci