• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your Parents

Do you think you respect your parents?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • No.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I know this is no YLYL thread but this was pretty funny
Probably one of the best greentexts I've read, at least that is somewhat appropriate for the forums. I'm going to back and read this now that I have finished my task. I'll edit this post with my thoughts.

This was a good read, one that I strongly agree with as well. I hear people disrespect their parents all the time, and while I'm not entirely guilt free here, it really annoys me. One of my friends would constantly not listen to his mom and cuss her out if she told him he needs to do something. One of the main reasons that this just slides is because the parents don't do anything to stop it. If I disrespected my mom like that I would be internetless for a while (believe me when I say "a while"). It just annoys me so much to see kids do this, and then it's even worse when they don't get in any sort of trouble for doing it. Like I said, great read, it really connected well with me.

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Probably one of the best greentexts I've read, at least that is somewhat appropriate for the forums. I'm going to back and read this now that I have finished my task. I'll edit this post with my thoughts.
have fun reading

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
Sometimes kids hate parents because their parents are rude to them or whatever. They've created their parents into something their parents never wanted to be I guess... Being rude to your parents, disobeying them and that kind of stuff it's pathetic.
I mean like I love my family - when my brother was in year 11 I thought they had a year 11 ball and I thought my brother didn't go and I was so sad because like, he should go? But it turns out there's only year 12;-;
I went through a phase where I was like that - I still can be like that depending on the situation. But my phase - I was rude, arrogant, ignorant, rebellious. Most things parents don't want.
I started the phase a few years ago I guess. It was just the start of this year I changed drastically.
I don't do drugs, get into fights, fight with with my parents, shoplift, drink, get into v bad police situations..;-;... or any of that bad stuff anymore.
I will admit, my parents have lost trust in me and I understand why now and I don't blame them. I'm just trying my best to gain it back.
My dad alway has a go at me about something pathetic but I just let it slide and don't say anything.

Everyone should know that there's a difference between standing up for yourself and just being rude...

Or if they've done something illegal and ended up in jail, they're not showing you the brightest path. But if you're not experiencing this then you don't have a great reason to hate your parents.
yeah i agree with pretty much everything you said there but like you probably should've made this more clear that you don't mean you hate them just because they went to jail. If they're not the parent they're supposed to be in any situation I guess then you have a reason to dislike them.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well if I say any crap to my parents that I probably shouldn't, I would probably get pulverized into paprika, so I'd rather not. Besides, there really isn't any reason to treat them like that.

The feels have overcome me :(

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sometimes kids hate parents because their parents are rude to them or whatever. They've created their parents into something their parents never wanted to be I guess... Being rude to your parents, disobeying them and that kind of stuff it's pathetic.
I mean like I love my family - when my brother was in year 11 I thought they had a year 11 ball and I thought my brother didn't go and I was so sad because like, he should go? But it turns out there's only year 12;-;
I went through a phase where I was like that - I still can be like that depending on the situation. But my phase - I was rude, arrogant, ignorant, rebellious. Most things parents don't want.
I started the phase a few years ago I guess. It was just the start of this year I changed drastically.
I don't do drugs, get into fights, fight with with my parents, shoplift, drink, get into v bad police situations..;-;... or any of that bad stuff anymore.
I will admit, my parents have lost trust in me and I understand why now and I don't blame them. I'm just trying my best to gain it back.
My dad alway has a go at me about something pathetic but I just let it slide and don't say anything.

Everyone should know that there's a difference between standing up for yourself and just being rude...

yeah i agree with pretty much everything you said there but like you probably should've made this more clear that you don't mean you hate them just because they went to jail. If they're not the parent they're supposed to be in any situation I guess then you have a reason to dislike them.
Thank you! And sorry I should've cleared up that last part there.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
People got to start being more understanding and less selfish and greedy. Generations are getting worse as time goes by, and I honestly think a lot of parents spoil their kids and kids come out rotten. If you're spoiled, it's not always your fault, but it is your fault if you decide to not do anything to fix it. Children are weird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci