• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your Parents

Do you think you respect your parents?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • No.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I'm not going to mention anyone, but everyone in this thread, thanks for speaking to me.
Giggity69Goo Thank you for reminding me.
I know what divorce feels like, I know what having no parents feels like, I know what it feels like to have no real family and you have to jump around, I know. Trust me.
When my mom was pregnant she got in a big fight with my dad and it was about him not wanting to have a baby. He would leave her if she didn't get an abortion.
My mom went to my grandparents for help, and they said to leave him.
When I was little I didn't really understand why my dad was never home, and Fathers Day was always, awkward. Then one day he visited, and again, he was tall and looked like me. And then he stopped visiting. I later found out that it was for him to see how much I grew up, how much easier it was to take care of me.
Then my mom got sick.
Just all for me, she worked all the time and she got cancer. A weak form that was quick that I still didn't understand what cancer was. I just sounded happy go lucky.
All of my family knew though, and I didn't.
Then, in third grade it happened again. This time, it was worse. She got surgery, and we went to the hospital to wait. I sat there for hours, not having anything to do, I just sat, and finally, we could go see her. I watched in helplessness as she tried to raise her hand and say "Hi Sean". I don't remember if I shook that hand.
She moved to a different hospital, and then she came home, we sold the house and lived at our younger aunt's house instead. I left everything I knew behind. All my friends, all my memories.
She went to Kemal, started loosing hair, shaved herself bald, to not cause any troubles to my aunt sweeping, she wore a hat most of the time now. My other aunt had a baby at the same hospital, my mom seemed happy.We started going to church, people prayed for her, we hoped. I told no one, acted normal trying to make new friends, I think my teachers knew, and they were respectful and told no one. But it was a loosing battle, and my well knowing cousin then told me that the doctors said she had four months to live.
One day my older cousin heard my mom screaming, screaming that she couldn't breathe, she fumbled over my younger aunt fracturing her toe and saving her life. That was in vain. She couldn't talk anymore, and when she came home the last few months, she was stuck to the machines.
I thought she was getting better, we all did, she could stand and breathe for periods of time without the machines. Then she went back to the hospital, and the day after valentines day she was gone.
I didn't go to school the next morning, I didn't say anything. The funeral was private and had a picture of healthy mom next to the body of the dead one. I saw her before she entered the casket, smiling still, but cold. The service included my mom's friend and my teacher, my young kindergarten's buddy teacher, and my principal. I sang for my mom, people came.
Letters came in, many of them, and I went to the counselor at school, he asked if I was ok everyday, and I said yes. But I didn't know I wasn't. I didn't know who was my family, I could respect none, and although I felt closest to my grandparents, they are getting old and will not stand forever. I had thoughts of running away, thoughts of suicide. I live with my uncle now, but for a period of time I always switched between my younger aunt's and his. The house is tough since there are 2 little girls with me, although my aunt and uncle try to be good parent's, it's tough with 3 kids.
I finally figured out what it really meant this year, not just your parents, everyone in your family loves you, and slowly I'm trying to be more accustomed. The last time my dad contacted me was to say sorry in an email and that I could live with him if I wanted, I didn't reply. Family will always be there for you, if they aren't, they aren't family, find out who your family is and love them with everything you've got.
I should have nothing to hide about my family, communities are family, and so they are mine and yours, thanks for helping me realize this MCSG.

Last edited:

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score

Thanks for bringing this topic up, Andreas! As harsh or demanding your parents may seem, they're really looking out for you and want you to be successful in the future.
I once had huge problems with my mom because she tends to say things in a way that most people would interpret as being insulting or demanding, but I came to understand that she did this because she cared for me and wanted me to improve and have a good future.
I would really write more but I'm on mobile and typing on this makes me want to cry like your 4chan story screenshot ;-;

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm not going to mention anyone, but everyone in this thread, thanks for speaking to me.
Giggity69Goo Thank you for reminding me.
I know what divorce feels like, I know what having no parents feels like, I know what it feels like to have no real family and you have to jump around, I know. Trust me.
When my mom was pregnant she got in a big fight with my dad and it was about him not wanting to have a baby. He would leave her if she didn't get an abortion.
My mom went to my grandparents for help, and they said to leave him.
When I was little I didn't really understand why my dad was never home, and Fathers Day was always, awkward. Then one day he visited, and again, he was tall and looked like me. And then he stopped visiting. I later found out that it was for him to see how much I grew up, how much easier it was to take care of me.
Then my mom got sick.
Just all for me, she worked all the time and she got cancer. A weak form that was quick that I still didn't understand what cancer was. I just sounded happy go lucky.
All of my family knew though, and I didn't.
Then, in third grade it happened again. This time, it was worse. She got surgery, and we went to the hospital to wait. I sat there for hours, not having anything to do, I just sat, and finally, we could go see her. I watched in helplessness as she tried to raise her hand and say "Hi Sean". I don't remember if I shook that hand.
She moved to a different hospital, and then she came home, we sold the house and lived at our younger aunt's house instead. I left everything I knew behind. All my friends, all my memories.
She went to Kemal, started loosing hair, shaved herself bald, to not cause any troubles to my aunt sweeping, she wore a hat most of the time now. My other aunt had a baby at the same hospital, my mom seemed happy.We started going to church, people prayed for her, we hoped. I told no one, acted normal trying to make new friends, I think my teachers knew, and they were respectful and told no one. But it was a loosing battle, and my well knowing cousin then told me that the doctors said she had four months to live.
One day my older cousin heard my mom screaming, screaming that she couldn't breathe, she fumbled over my younger aunt fracturing her toe and saving her life. That was in vain. She couldn't talk anymore, and when she came home the last few months, she was stuck to the machines.
I thought she was getting better, we all did, she could stand and breathe for periods of time without the machines. Then she went back to the hospital, and the day after valentines day she was gone.
I didn't go to school the next morning, I didn't say anything. The funeral was private and had a picture of healthy mom next to the body of the dead one. I saw her before she entered the casket, smiling still, but cold. The service included my mom's friend and my teacher, my young kindergarten's buddy teacher, and my principal. I sang for my mom, people came.
Letters came in, many of them, and I went to the counselor at school, he asked if I was ok everyday, and I said yes. But I didn't know I wasn't. I didn't know who was my family, I could respect none, and although I felt closest to my grandparents, they are getting old and will not stand forever. I had thoughts of running away, thoughts of suicide. I live with my uncle now, but for a period of time I always switched between my younger aunt's and his. The house is tough since there are 2 little girls with me, although my aunt and uncle try to be good parent's, it's tough with 3 kids.
I finally figured out what it really meant this year, not just your parents, everyone in your family loves you, and slowly I'm trying to be more accustomed. The last time my dad contacted me was to say sorry in an email and that I could live with him if I wanted, I didn't reply. Family will always be there for you, if they aren't, they aren't family, find out who your family is and love them with everything you've got.
I should have nothing to hide about my family, communities are family, and so they are mine and yours, thanks for helping me realize this MCSG.
I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I read every single word of this story, and I just imagine myself in your situation when reading this. It's really heartbreaking that you had to go through this at a young age especially when you didn't really understand what was going on. If I knew you and the situation you were going through I would look up to you to because you were able to overcome what happened in the past, which is hard for me. Thank you for sharing this story and stay strong.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, Andreas! As harsh or demanding your parents may seem, they're really looking out for you and want you to be successful in the future.
I once had huge problems with my mom because she tends to say things in a way that most people would interpret as being insulting or demanding, but I came to understand that she did this because she cared for me and wanted me to improve and have a good future.
I would really write more but I'm on mobile and typing on this makes me want to cry like your 4chan story screenshot ;-;
lmao my parents aren't horrible at all. I'm saying that every parent wants to look out for their children (child abuse is a different story though). I love my parents and all they do for me, if I didn't then this thread would never exist.

Zytron_

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow! this was heart warming, i ALWAYS used to disrespect my parents, even when i got everything i wanted, they bought me a gaming desktop i still treated them bad, as if they was poo on the bottom of my shoe, but now i realize how hard it is to lose a carer/parent, i soon quit treating them with disrespect, me and my mum argued every day for atleast 4 years, not we have a strong relationship.

Just please listen to Andreas, you wont understand what you've lost until its gone, you could feel like you did it, and could blame yourself so please dont treat your parents with disrespect.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wow! this was heart warming, i ALWAYS used to disrespect my parents, even when i got everything i wanted, they bought me a gaming desktop i still treated them bad, as if they was poo on the bottom of my shoe, but now i realize how hard it is to lose a carer/parent, i soon quit treating them with disrespect, me and my mum argued every day for atleast 4 years, not we have a strong relationship.

Just please listen to Andreas, you wont understand what you've lost until its gone, you could feel like you did it, and could blame yourself so please dont treat your parents with disrespect.
exactly.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, aside from the fact my dad gets drunk every saturday and my mom almost cheated on him with some random dude from college, my parents are pretty chill with me no lifing on my PC.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Sad story of the day.

My dad works for a smart meter company (you know the water and electric meters outside your house) He is the project manager, and does a lot of work with cities and other companies to sell the product. Meaning he sometimes has to fly out for a week with short notice. Well, Saturday night he gets word from the boss man he needs to go to (city) and he is taking a flight. My dad isn't the biggest fan of flying, and he was especially nervous after the crash in the alps. My family normally hugs him and wishes him good luck at the door with his packages and such, before he drives to the airport. My dad yells "I'm about to go!" (he isn't but he says that so we all come downstairs and such)

I (16) rush down, give him a big hug, and I end up dying in the MCSG game I was in that I went afk in to say goodbye. (Didn't really care about the game. My sister (18) comes down and says goodbye with me. My mom kisses my dad, and his nerves go away. My brother (12), recently addicted to the xbox game "destiny" can't hear us since his door is locked and he has his headphones on. I yell up saying "OWEN!!! DADS LEAVING FOR A WEEK!!! COME SAY GOODBYE!!!" No answer. I run upstairs, knock on the door, saying "Owen, dad's about to go. Say Goodbye!" My brother just responds, "I'M IN THE GAME GO AWAY!" I say, "Owen come on dad's about to walk out the door." Owen says, "Dude! GO AWAY!"

I run downstairs panting, "Mom, Owen has his door locked, and he isn't coming down." My mom is pissed, screams, "GET DOWN NOW!!!" No answer. My dad walks out the door, leaving for the airport. I run outside screaming, "STOP! WAIT! WE'RE TRYING TO GET HIM!" My mom kicks down his door and yanks him out of his chair and nearly pushes him out the door. My brother gives the weakest "bye" and tries to get back to his game. My mom yells, "NO!" and makes him go to his car to hug him and give a sincere goodbye.

While this is happening, my mom goes to my brothers room, pulls the xbox right out of the wall, and locks it in the basement. She posts a note on his door that says, "When your father gets home safely, your xbox comes back safely" When my brother comes back inside, trying to rush to his game, my mom stops him halfway up the stairs, and tells him about, "What if that plane crashed?" "What if your last words with dad were 'I'M BUSY!'"

This makes me sad, not only that my brother didn't say goodbye, but the fact that he assumed he did nothing wrong. You have to let your parents know, you love them, or they won't treat you with nearly as much respect.

If you take something for granted, you'll lose it.

:/

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sad story of the day.

My dad works for a smart meter company (you know the water and electric meters outside your house) He is the project manager, and does a lot of work with cities and other companies to sell the product. Meaning he sometimes has to fly out for a week with short notice. Well, Saturday night he gets word from the boss man he needs to go to (city) and he is taking a flight. My dad isn't the biggest fan of flying, and he was especially nervous after the crash in the alps. My family normally hugs him and wishes him good luck at the door with his packages and such, before he drives to the airport. My dad yells "I'm about to go!" (he isn't but he says that so we all come downstairs and such)

I (16) rush down, give him a big hug, and I end up dying in the MCSG game I was in that I went afk in to say goodbye. (Didn't really care about the game. My sister (18) comes down and says goodbye with me. My mom kisses my dad, and his nerves go away. My brother (12), recently addicted to the xbox game "destiny" can't hear us since his door is locked and he has his headphones on. I yell up saying "OWEN!!! DADS LEAVING FOR A WEEK!!! COME SAY GOODBYE!!!" No answer. I run upstairs, knock on the door, saying "Owen, dad's about to go. Say Goodbye!" My brother just responds, "I'M IN THE GAME GO AWAY!" I say, "Owen come on dad's about to walk out the door." Owen says, "Dude! GO AWAY!"

I run downstairs panting, "Mom, Owen has his door locked, and he isn't coming down." My mom is pissed, screams, "GET DOWN NOW!!!" No answer. My dad walks out the door, leaving for the airport. I run outside screaming, "STOP! WAIT! WE'RE TRYING TO GET HIM!" My mom kicks down his door and yanks him out of his chair and nearly pushes him out the door. My brother gives the weakest "bye" and tries to get back to his game. My mom yells, "NO!" and makes him go to his car to hug him and give a sincere goodbye.

While this is happening, my mom goes to my brothers room, pulls the xbox right out of the wall, and locks it in the basement. She posts a note on his door that says, "When your father gets home safely, your xbox comes back safely" When my brother comes back inside, trying to rush to his game, my mom stops him halfway up the stairs, and tells him about, "What if that plane crashed?" "What if your last words with dad were 'I'M BUSY!'"

This makes me sad, not only that my brother didn't say goodbye, but the fact that he assumed he did nothing wrong. You have to let your parents know, you love them, or they won't treat you with nearly as much respect.

If you take something for granted, you'll lose it.

:/
Good story with a good point

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thread has been moved to "Off Topic Discussion" for the following reason(s):
  • The thread does not relate to the purpose of the selected forum.
If you have any further questions or concerns. Please feel free to inbox me. Have a great day here at the MCGamer Network! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci