• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8, MCGamer, and You: A Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEagle123

Tribute
Reaction score
Great work, really looking forward to this being implemented, however sadly there is no news on stopping hackers..

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yay!!! Finally 1.8 :)
Oh can't wait to change my name!

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Lovely Ideas! Altough I hate how 1.7 users will still be able to play without upgrading, this will cause the hackers to still be there, which is really annoying. Now, I'm talking as the entire EU Network I think, which is overtaken by the power of hackers, and the servers supporting both 1.8 and 1.7 is going to be a big, big, big problem for us legit EU players...

Ava
kpwn243
Rusty

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm so pumped for this! Everyone take time to thank Ava and the rest of the Dev Crew for doing these awesome things!

It's really appreciated and it's a great thing to know that after months of waiting 1.8 is finally coming out ;)

Let's get ready to rumble c:

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What will you do with the enchanting? The enchanting system will be changed and now you'll need lapis for enchanting.
Will the lapis spawn in the chests or you'll need to sponsor it to a player just like enchanting bottles?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Lovely Ideas! Altough I hate how 1.7 users will still be able to play without upgrading, this will cause the hackers to still be there, which is really annoying. Now, I'm talking as the entire EU Network I think, which is overtaken by the power of hackers, and the servers supporting both 1.8 and 1.7 is going to be a big, big, big problem for us legit EU players...

Ava
kpwn243
Rusty
You do realize that there'll probably be a new hacked client out for 1.8 the day it comes out, right? That's how it was with 1.7 as well, and 1.7 was arguably almost a bigger update in some aspects.

What will you do with the enchanting? The enchanting system will be changed and now you'll need lapis for enchanting.
Will the lapis spawn in the chests or you'll need to sponsor it to a player just like enchanting bottles?
We'll cross that bridge when we actually go 1.8-only. For now, let me direct you to this exchange:
What about enchanting?
It'll be the same as in 1.7 until we drop 1.7 support.

Froggytv

Sr. Mod | Staffing Team Trainer
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. Hopefully this is a smooth transition. :)

DK

Platinum
Reaction score
Gotta say, I am pretty excited for 1.8! I have been enjoying the snapshots and I am interested in seeing how MCGamer utilizes its new features!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Does MCGamer Airways offer peanuts? If so, I'd like to buy a ticket to Valleyside University.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
You do realize that there'll probably be a new hacked client out for 1.8 the day it comes out, right? That's how it was with 1.7 as well, and 1.7 was arguably almost a bigger update in some aspects.

We'll cross that bridge when we actually go 1.8-only. For now, let me direct you to this exchange:
I know right, but remind of when 1.7 came out... The biggest and most known hack clients needed some weeks to update (around 3), so we would have atleast a week of safe EU servers so new players can try what we tried a year ago... The EU network without any hackers.
Anyway, I pm'd Chad (and also you I'm guessing, unless you have that block thingy) about a revolutionary way to stop aimbot hackers, maybe I should try contacting y'all via the MCGamer e-mail address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci