• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People complained about 1.8, MCGamer went back to 1.7 people still complained -_- whatever happens people are always going to complain. Besides MCGamer is obviously going to upgrade to 1.9, stop complaining so muchb you don't even know how 1.9 is going to be. It's called a 'combat' update for a reason. Don't judge a book before it's cover you skrubz xD

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
1.9 will make bad Minecraft pvpers play better, which takes away the competitive feeling when playing MCSG. It makes PvP so easy that it'll just be boring to play.
1.7 and 1.8 did the same, they both made PvP easier.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
For survival, 1.9 seems pretty cool I have to admit, but other than the blocks there isn't really a reason for mcsg to update to 1.9, and unlike 1.8 - the blocks are more interesting than aesthetically pleasing so I doubt they would be used in maps. As for the arrows I doubt they would be put in chests , because then there would be the situation with those and normal arrows and tiering would have to change, but I doubt that would be too much of a problem. And then the main factor: duel-wielding, it is awfully made and would simply mess up PvP more than 1.8 did.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Fortunately PvP isn't everything to me :p (I do like to do it though). Also it is MCG's choice one whether to update I guess :p

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
As I've said in other threads, we can't stay behind forever. As of this October, 1.7 will be 2 years old; no, that wasn't a typo, 1.7 will literally be two years old!

At this point in 1.9 development, it's far too early to form an opinion of the entire update based on what's currently been released. Snapshots exist for a reason: to give people a peek at what's to come, and to get public feedback to improve things. Regardless, I welcome 1.9's combat changes with open arms - combat in Minecraft has been mostly stale over the past few years (especially with Mojang's less frequent update schedule), and it's time for a change. Because of how far out a release is, we can't say for sure what we'll do when 1.9 is released.

A

Axel | PlazaGames

As I've said in other threads, we can't stay behind forever. As of this October, 1.7 will be 2 years old; no, that wasn't a typo, 1.7 will literally be two years old!

At this point in 1.9 development, it's far too early to form an opinion of the entire update based on what's currently been released. Snapshots exist for a reason: to give people a peek at what's to come, and to get public feedback to improve things. Regardless, I welcome 1.9's combat changes with open arms - combat in Minecraft has been mostly stale over the past few years (especially with Mojang's less frequent update schedule), and it's time for a change. Because of how far out a release is, we can't say for sure what we'll do when 1.9 is released.
I completely agree with Devin. We can not always stay behind, we need to move on. Everyone started hating 1.8 when we updated it, and everyone was and is still using it.
What I am trying to say here is, that we just need to get use to the updates. There is a few people who maybe do not like the maps that have been made and added to the MCGamer Servers, but you need to get used to them or to a certain map. Because if you get used to it, you will never stop using it.

I am one of those people/Community members that basically did not like the 1.8 update, but I worked hard to get used to it, and I am not playing with 1.8 at the moment, but I do like it, and I have no problem with the update.

The secret here is.. "Get used to the updates, and you will like everything".

- Alex

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, I figured I'd share a little statistic - even with the return of 1.7 support, we still have a large majority (70%) of players playing on 1.8.

MonkeyPac

Tribute
Reaction score
By the way, I figured I'd share a little statistic - even with the return of 1.7 support, we still have a large majority (70%) of players playing on 1.8.
1.8 is similar to 1.7 though and 1.9 is something completely different.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
1.8 is similar to 1.7 though and 1.9 is something completely different.
And something completely different is something good. 1.7 made PvP way less skill-based thanks to the sprint button and 1.8 didn't make it any better. With the big changes that are coming with 1.9 hopefully some of that skill needed to be good will return in a different form.

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score

He has a big point. It's becoming a little stale now, and boring. If people aren't going to like what's to come then that's their opinions, 1.9 could also bring upon possibly more game modes and events. As for arrows, dual, and such I doubt that will change much other than making games a little more interesting ;)

I'd still like to see the community push it's self, people are going to get bored of 1.7/1.8 eventually (As they may now already be doing so). Bring on 1.9! ( + Optifine ;) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci