• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

joe

Diamond
Reaction score
As I've said in other threads, we can't stay behind forever. As of this October, 1.7 will be 2 years old; no, that wasn't a typo, 1.7 will literally be two years old!

At this point in 1.9 development, it's far too early to form an opinion of the entire update based on what's currently been released. Snapshots exist for a reason: to give people a peek at what's to come, and to get public feedback to improve things. Regardless, I welcome 1.9's combat changes with open arms - combat in Minecraft has been mostly stale over the past few years (especially with Mojang's less frequent update schedule), and it's time for a change. Because of how far out a release is, we can't say for sure what we'll do when 1.9 is released.
Good point :p

MonkeyPac

Tribute
Reaction score
And something completely different is something good. 1.7 made PvP way less skill-based thanks to the sprint button and 1.8 didn't make it any better. With the big changes that are coming with 1.9 hopefully some of that skill needed to be good will return in a different form.
1.9 requires NO pvp skill at all

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
How can you be so sure about that? It's only the second week of 1.9 snapshots (as I said in an earlier post, you can't really form final opinions when it's alpha/beta), a bunch of the PvP-related features (like shields) are still missing, and nobody really runs a competitive 1.9 PvP server complete with NCP and everything that would impact combat.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Please explain how? It's not like 1.7 really requires that much skill compared to earlier versions either... The dual-wielding thing looks like it will actually add some difficulty to PvP. Also the new arrows look like they'll add a whole new strategy to SG if they're implemented in some way, same thing goes for the shields as well.

Luka

Quantum
Reaction score
1.9 will change pvp in a huge way so I can't help but agree with this thread, even though I think they, in fact, will update to 1.9, and if they do, I guess it's time for a change ^o^

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Eventually mcgamer will be forced to be updated to 1.9, for the time being enjoy mcsg.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like I'm one of the very few who is excited by the changes. New changes, more versatility, more outplay potential. I don't see what's to complain about.

Finally they are making an update suitable to us. Maybe the fire arrows sound a bit op ingame, but the rest of the items seem to require some level of knowledge and skill. Yeah 1.8 was kind of a disaster but 1.9 will be different because it's an update built around us.

With That in mind, none of us can really make a judgement call on 1.9 yet because not enough information has been given out yet on 1.9. Until then if recommend everyone to calm because until they do something stupid there isn't really much to be afraid about like 1.8. Those who cannot adapt to change on mcsg aren't very good pvpers at all.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As I stated in a previous post, all servers will be forced to update eventually if they want solid performance. I'd like to see a new aspect of the game, honestly. 1.7 gameplay is getting boring, we've been sitting on 1.7 for almost two years now, let's embrace some change and make this game interesting again.

Pantelex

Survivor
Reaction score
Update to 1.9 = half of mcsg will quit = less people buying donor = less money for chad.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reason not to update.

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
Legit... Im the only one who wants to hold out to fns's or two rods or two swords xD. I'm actually hyped for 1.9.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci