• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2 threads in 1: VIP Discussion + Map Raging, STAHP

[READ THE THREAD FIRST] Should map makers get VIP?

• Total voters

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I care, and so do other people, because VIP's have kicking privileges, which means getting in a server is harder, and VIP's can kick donors. I would like VIP to stay a unique rank.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, you can't edit in quotes :(
Copy and paste the quote...

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Honestly it should be given to the team leader only, and then the top like 4 other people should get some sort of builder rank.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think either that only the lead builder should get VIP or that a builder rank should be added. It just doesn't seem like its fair how some people got VIP. I won't name names but some maps I think look terrible and appear to hav such little effort added to them, and yet 5 people got VIP out of it. I hate to rant but really? I mean I created the mcsg memes thread, can I get VIP for that? (I'm kidding :p)

JWingWangWong

Experienced
Reaction score
Oh man another VIP thread? Don't you guys search? Here's some threads in relation to the topic:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-vip-invasion.41470/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/new-vips.41166/

All these arguments have been said before and nothing new has came out of it. If you also have been following the situation this quote has been said regarding the new builders who have VIP:
There will be a new rank coming for them.
(Source: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-vip-invasion.41470/page-2#post-416660)

So with that quote alone most arguments about builders getting VIP should be void soon. I'm sure Blamph was excited about that news because he liked the comment MCJackson made.

inb4 someone says there's map raging in this thread

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh man another VIP thread? Don't you guys search? Here's some threads in relation to the topic:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-vip-invasion.41470/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/new-vips.41166/

All these arguments have been said before and nothing new has came out of it. If you also have been following the situation this quote has been said regarding the new builders who have VIP:

(Source: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-vip-invasion.41470/page-2#post-416660)

So with that quote alone most arguments about builders getting VIP should be void soon. I'm sure Blamph was excited about that news because he liked the comment MCJackson made.

inb4 someone says there's map raging in this thread
No, sorry :L I didn't search. However, this thread covers the VIP's and the Map rage :)

MaxStormz

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree with OP, there should not be this many VIPs if the rank is, well, VIP. I'm not saying this because I am jealous either, it just seems many people are going to start building maps with their friends solely for the rank for them and their friends. What do I think? Give them a new rank for a color that hasn't been used before. VIP is still kept for a prestigious reason, and the map Leaders/Head of operations still gets a reward for his/her work.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG could just limit the amount of VIPs awarded per map, say a maximum of 3 people could be given VIP?

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Only the lead builders should get VIP, we don't know how much anybody getting VIP worked on the map.

Take for instance my map, since I'm a moderator I could have hypothetically given my 4 closest irl friends VIP on these servers even though I built it all by myself, with very minimal help from Team Elite.

Since we don't know how much work someone's put into a map, just have the lead builder get it.

Also, they should make either a Builder rank (Builder) and have them be able to kick Regular members, not Iron or above. Leave the VIP for, well, Very Important People. I don't think making a structure and placing some chests merits that description.

Kos

Career
Reaction score
In my unbiased opinion, I believe that only the lead map maker should get it. I mean, it's nice that your map gets put on mcsg, but it would also feel like they just took your map and ran. Getting the VIP rank is a great way of saying "thank you" to the map creators who put hard work into giving something to the community. The servers wouldn't be what they are without the maps obviously. Giving the map creator the VIP rank motivates talented builders to make really cool maps for the community to make gameplay more exciting.
As for the helpers, I really don't think that a 'builder' rank is needed. In my opinion, helpers should instead get a free 1 or 3 month donor. Any map creator can say that their friend helped build a map, so this would nerf having to give those so called "helpers" a permanent builder rank for something they hardly or never did.
I agree that there are many VIPs now, but hopefully something will be figured out that will reduce the amount VIPs while keeping those map helpers happy. :)

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
As for the helpers, I really don't think that a 'builder' rank is needed. In my opinion, helpers should instead get a free 1 or 3 month donor.

Good idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci