• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

74th Hunger Games Arena

Would you want this map to be on the Survival Games?

• Total voters

Ninja Monkey

Tribute
Reaction score
Pinkish Diamond Wonderful Idea. I love the hunger games and I think this is exactly what the Survival Games needs. There are no maps that actually resemble the map in the book. I really hope your map is added.:D

fog9888

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah you should add the cave that they slept in and add the 3 fires from katnisses and rues plan to attract the carees but apart fro that it is an epic map

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
yeah you should add the cave that they slept in and add the 3 fires from katnisses and rues plan to attract the carees but apart fro that it is an epic map
Don't worry, the caves there. I'm super impressed though by the 3 fires idea, that's an incredible idea!!! I'm definitely going to do that!!!

kevinsayhey

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok here's my opinion. I personally love this map. It is so well done. But as the biggest fan in existence I can only see all the flaws even though I know they are necessary for this map to be fun. I think the signs like Catos Horrific Death should be taken out because they seem to stick out and true fans would know what they are anyways. The chests seem to be well hidden but some spots are overpopulated by chests. The careers lake has 4 that you could get in 30 seconds easy. I would probably skip the corn and just go streight there.

The areas like the fire ball area are amazing, I would see it ahead of time so I would avoid it completely, if the dispensers were more well hidden more people would walk into it unexpecting. Some areas are a bit empty, some ideas to fill these areas are some things like Thresh's field (if you're a book fan) you could put parachutes on the ground in some places.

I havn't found the careers supplies yet but did you end up putting TNT underneath with pressure plates?

I really like this map but I think it would be better suited to a private server for these reasons:
~Chests in front of corn, it makes some spots better to start off on than others.
~chests unevenly spread (unless I didn't see some running by)
~not everyone will be a hunger games fan (I don't know why they wouldn't be) so it would lead to fights on forums and in chat possibly
~I had more but they just slipped from my mind :/

Sorry if this sounded like a negative post. I love this map I just don't think it's suited to MCSG.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Did you make Thresh's wheat field ?
I'd prefer to see the 50th arena over this though, you can get more freedom with is as well ( since it's not described as well or seen as the 74th and 75th is)

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
Did you make Thresh's wheat field ?
I'd prefer to see the 50th arena over this though, you can get more freedom with is as well ( since it's not described as well or seen as the 74th and 75th is)
Thanks!! I've been waiting for someone to mention Thresh's area. Although I wanted to stay as true as I could to the books, I thought that for the map it would look pretty weird to have most of the arena as trees, and then just have a bunch of wheat behind the cornucopia. It would also look pretty barran because it would essentially just be grass and a few flowers, and there's not really a material that would portray the long grasses as how they were portrayed in the books. Thanks so much for the question thought, because you're actually the first person on this thread who mentioned the wheat fields. It kind of pisses me off that this server is based off of the Hunger Games and yet maybe 5% of these people have actually read the whole trilogy. I myself am a hardcore fan, I've read them more than seven times and went to the world premiere of the Hunger Games at the Nokia theater in LA :)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thanks!! I've been waiting for someone to mention Thresh's area. Although I wanted to stay as true as I could to the books, I thought that for the map it would look pretty weird to have most of the arena as trees, and then just have a bunch of wheat behind the cornucopia. It would also look pretty barran because it would essentially just be grass and a few flowers, and there's not really a material that would portray the long grasses as how they were portrayed in the books. Thanks so much for the question thought, because you're actually the first person on this thread who mentioned the wheat fields. It kind of pisses me off that this server is based off of the Hunger Games and yet maybe 5% of these people have actually read the whole trilogy. I myself am a hardcore fan, I've read them more than seven times and went to the world premiere of the Hunger Games at the Nokia theater in LA :)
I've started reading the triology since a few days ago and partially through Catching Fire :)

5_hawn

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the term not to be killed by a pack of wolves

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
The fields could be further away from the cornucopia, if I'm not mistaken, the books didn't say how close the field was. I'm not a hardcore fan, (Haven't read the last book, if I'm not mistaken it's just the revolution). I already know pretty much what happens as well, but I really liked the first 2 books. I wish the movies were less PG-13 though, would love to see some more blood and action in the movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci