• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

74th Hunger Games Arena

Would you want this map to be on the Survival Games?

• Total voters

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
The fields could be further away from the cornucopia, if I'm not mistaken, the books didn't say how close the field was. I'm not a hardcore fan, (Haven't read the last book, if I'm not mistaken it's just the revolution). I already know pretty much what happens as well, but I really liked the first 2 books. I wish the movies were less PG-13 though, would love to see some more blood and action in the movie.
I don't necessarily think there needs to be gore to portray the horror in the movies, but I do think that they're really holding back to make the movie appeal to kids. For example, they could have had Peeta actually lose his leg, I mean is it that they're worried the kids will be annoyed by the fact that he has a disability, or that they'll like him less. Seriously, that's the message that you're sending to kids, that people with disabilities are less appealing than normal people. Screw you, Lionsgate!

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think there needs to be gore to portray the horror in the movies, but I do think that they're really holding back to make the movie appeal to kids. For example, they could have had Peeta actually lose his leg, I mean is it that they're worried the kids will be annoyed by the fact that he has a disability, or that they'll like him less. Seriously, that's the message that you're sending to kids, that people with disabilities are less appealing than normal people. Screw you, Lionsgate!
That's true, It just feels a lot difference though, the severe burn on Katniss calf, his legs as well.
I don't get why they couldn't remove his leg, I doubt anyone wouldn't care much more, but I think it's a nice touch.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why would they make a movie about people dying, children being taken from their parents and forced to slaughter one another appeal to kids. They should really lift the next one up to an M just like how Harry Potter suddenly wasn't so child friendly. :)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Why would they make a movie about people dying, children being taken from their parents and forced to slaughter one another appeal to kids. They should really lift the next one up to an M just like how Harry Potter suddenly wasn't so child friendly. :)
A bit off topic, but I loved how the Harry Potter books started calmly and children friendly and then the books grew up with them. (Would probably be impossible with HG, but it could work with other books)

kevinsayhey

Tribute
Reaction score
The problem with doing the 50th would be the huge canyon along the edge of the arena and the entire arena would have to seem happy and cute with lots of horrible traps because that's how the book described them. There was more detail than the 74th actually I would say in my opinion, because it was so unique.

And I for one am the #1 fan of the book, jussayin! OMG YOU GOT TO GO THE PREMIERE LUCKY

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
The problem with doing the 50th would be the huge canyon along the edge of the arena and the entire arena would have to seem happy and cute with lots of horrible traps because that's how the book described them. There was more detail than the 74th actually I would say in my opinion, because it was so unique.

And I for one am the #1 fan of the book, jussayin! OMG YOU GOT TO GO THE PREMIERE LUCKY
trust me, im a bigger fan

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score

Which is why I'd love it to exist. I think the 74th arena is way is still more detailed, and described in the books and movie(Perhaps the 75th, but over 74th and 50th, what we know of, 74th is easier to recreate accurately because of the movie and book. Impossible hard to incorporate how the 75th arena is uniquer (Could be spoily so not telling) )
If someone creates the 50th arena, it's very possible to incorporate own buildings that fit into the theme, unlike 75th and 74th unless you want to recreate it accurately.

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
Which is why I'd love it to exist. I think the 74th arena is way is still more detailed, and described in the books and movie(Perhaps the 75th, but over 74th and 50th, what we know of, 74th is easier to recreate accurately because of the movie and book. Impossible hard to incorporate how the 75th arena is uniquer (Could be spoily so not telling) )
If someone creates the 50th arena, it's very possible to incorporate own buildings that fit into the theme, unlike 75th and 74th unless you want to recreate it accurately.
That's true. What striked me about the 74th arena is that it seems so...average. I just felt like it would more likely be one of the first arenas, because of how predictable the terrain is. I believe Suzanne created decided on this arena not because it would be convenient for Katniss, but because it even further portrays the fact that these two tributes from district 12 made a fool out of the capitol. If this had been during a quarter quell, then it would have been less incredible that they won because the capitol could more easily pretend that they orchestrated this in an unpredictable games, where they already have different rules. The fact that they won during such an average year was even more insane, and added more fire to the districts.

Aside from all that, yes I do think that Haymitch's arena makes for more imagination and interpretation. I also think that it seemed a lot more distinct because of the fact that Katniss instead of talking about very specific things that she notices while sitting in a tree, she talks about her feelings towards it for example the fact the it's breathtaking at first sight. This not only emphasizes the overall idea of the arena but also enables you to add your own little details. So yes, I may start working on it soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci