• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide A Couple Things Concerning MCSG

Has this been helpful towards you, the people of the community?

• Yes

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think a cooldown of a couple minutes is unfair with the new short lobby time. Maybe 1-2 minutes would be fair, but a couple minutes (normally implying 2 or more minutes) would be too long in my opinion.
It makes more sense because then normal people can actually get into the servers. People wanted a solution towards the donor issues and this is how we fixed it. Technically, also, the whole donor cooldown has been there since the beginning but it was glitched and didn't really work.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I can join and leave games whenever I like. I don't have a cooldown.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It makes more sense because then normal people can actually get into the servers. People wanted a solution towards the donor issues and this is how we fixed it. Technically, also, the whole donor cooldown has been there since the beginning but it was glitched and didn't really work.
I understand why you would have a cooldown, but with a short lobby it should be shorter than it would have been with the 5 minute lobby.

king_tnerb

Survivor
Reaction score
I still think that there shouldn't be a minimum age. If a person turns in an exceptional moderation application, why should they be denied? It is quite clear with the amount of staff members leaving the community, that we need more staff. This is the perfect time to change the rule!

Reaction score
I still think that there shouldn't be a minimum age. If a person turns in an exceptional moderation application, why should they be denied? It is quite clear with the amount of staff members leaving the community, that we need more staff. This is the perfect time to change the rule!
Seriously considering posting something on that exact topic. I realize that age and maturity tend to go hand in hand, but it seems like we're losing mods faster than we're gaining them. I say MCSG needs to cut their losses and try to add some 12+ mods.

king_tnerb

Survivor
Reaction score
Seriously considering posting something on that exact topic. I realize that age and maturity tend to go hand in hand, but it seems like we're losing mods faster than we're gaining them. I say MCSG needs to cut their losses and try to add some 12+ mods.
I do understand the problems with Jr. Mods but this is very different. I would like to get a staff member's view on this topic and understand why the age barrier is in place.

Reaction score
Hey, guys, Gibbo here,

Better Sprint Mod:
Okay, now, I've seen a lot of ban disputes about the Better Sprint Mod and why it isn't 'hacking' and why people shouldn't be getting banned for it. This mod is technically hacking as its a non-vanilla (apart from OptiFine) being used on the servers, this gives the player an advantage that other players will not have, earning the whole ‘its unfair’ title.

The mod is basically Instant Sprint (One of the mods from Nodus) just its not on permanently BUT this is an advantage over players. A lot of people pull the whole ‘Oh BajanCanadian uses it, why can’t we?’ in their ban disputes to try and get out of a ban but Bajan doesn’t use the mod on our servers and we’ve spoken to him about it in the past. Using him is no longer an excuse.

So in short, you are NOT allowed to use the mod on our servers. Any person caught using it will be tempbanned and on second offence, perm banned. You have been warned.

You should edit the better sprint part. Say, "and Bajan Canadian got banned for it. No longer an excuse." Especially because we all know now that he does use it on the servers... lolz

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You should edit the better sprint part. Say, "and Bajan Canadian got banned for it. No longer an excuse." Especially because we all know now that he does use it on the servers... lolz
I wouldn't add this for the lolz, but I would consider adding it to know that even popular youtubers have to obey the rules.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
HalfSquirrel I'm assuming you're in the same boat as TheRandomMan1000 and I? That you would like to be a moderator and are too young?
I'm not saying I would like to be a moderator, I'm saying I've seen people worthy of being a moderator that got denied because of age.
I <3 your sig... haha. I understand why double posting is so annoying now. hahaha.
*Double posts anyways*...
EDIT: Well, you fixed it :p Good enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci