• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide A Couple Things Concerning MCSG

Has this been helpful towards you, the people of the community?

• Yes

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Junior Moderators/Other Types of Mod
Now, I know some people are annoyed that they can't have moderator because they are too young and a lot of people are trying to come up with ways to try and get moderator under the age of 15. I recently saw a thread (link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/junior-moderators.29914/ KRaidium) which was saying basically that we should have Junior Moderators, mods with only the ability to kick and stuff. Now, I'm going to put out a couple things here and explain why that would be a bad mod and express my views on them.

As simply put by this quote:
Like I said in another thread:

People in the community are already complaining that reports aren't getting done fast enough, plus let's say there is a spammer in the server, there is a Jr. Mod and a Mod in the server, it would go something like this:

Spammer: Bla bla bla bla
Mod: So Jr. Mod, what do you think is the best tool to use in this case?
Jr. Mod: A warning then a tempban if he continues
Others: Ban him already!
Mod: Spammer, stop spamming.
Spammer: *Silence*
Others: OMG!
Mod: Tempban, yes?
Jr. Mod: Yes
*In the meantime Mod is typing /tempban spammer 1 d
Spammer has left the server.
Others: FINALLY! What took you so long?

And it would be the same with hacks. See how time consuming this is? You would have frustated players who would then come on the forums and create a dozen threads saying "Remove Jr. Mods". Hackers and spammers would be dealt much slower than now.

And the idea you just posted, its exactly what regulars can do right now. They can take proof and report and a mod will deal with it. Just my long 2 cents.
MiCr2

A Junior moderator with only the ability to kick or only temp ban for an hour would be hella annoying and just ANOTHER thing for the staff at MCSG to do and for the dev's to code in. It is basically another way to try and get under age people a mod rank of sorts. If you are under 15, please stop posting these threads because they are just annoying and difficult to deal with.

My Idea:
- Each Moderator has two Jr Moderators assigned to them
- Jr Mods can kick
- Jr mods must fill an application to ban or temporarily ban a player, but a ban is immediately imposed once the app is filled and sent.
- Their Moderator can either quash or uphold the application.
- If the ban is quashed the ban is immediately removed and the Jr Moderator gains an infraction.
- If a Jr Mod gains three infractions an Administrator will hear their appeal as to being demoted, the Administrator will then decide whether they should be dropped.
Mr Dice

To have a moderator or a Sr.Mod around with Jr.Mods would be hella annoying as well. Especially since not all moderators and Sr.Moderators can be around all the time and limiting them to only games with mods in this post
Basically, they play games with mods and Sr. mods. If they see any rule-breakers in the lobby chat or in the lobby, they tell the mod, and the Jr. Mod tells them what they believe should be done to them. Should they be kicked, temp-banned, or what?
would be annoying for the person, annoying for the staff and even if you told them to record and report to a Sr.Mod or moderator with the evidence when a Sr.Mod was on, it only adds more to a Sr.Mods job.

The idea to me seems like people under the age of 15 are desperately trying to get moderator or a position with Mod in the name just so they can say they're a mod. There is nothing stopping you from reporting the people that you come across (Report Abuses are done daily by many mods and Sr.Mods) and enjoying the games. I'm sorry to say but you are going to have to be 15 years old to apply for moderator. If MCSG isn't around when you're 15 then I'm sorry but you will have to stick to the rules. If you can't be a mod, don't put up threads with useless or annoying ideas about Jr.Mods or Jr.Jr.Mods when Mods can just do both jobs in one.

It takes up time and its quiet annoying. And to me its basically members of the community annoyed at the fact that they can't get mod and they're trying to get a moderator position when they're under age by suggesting that if they do a good job they can get moderator. A lot of people won't be impressed with underage people getting moderator under the age of 15.

The age will never change and we're not going to start a Jr.Mod position I'm sorry.

BarcelonaJay

Career
Reaction score
I would love Jr. Mods, That would give me a chance to help MCSG by removing hackers and spammers... I love Mr. Dices ideas about being assigned to a mod.. :D I can be mature sometimes and immature sometimes.. Im 13 and this is something I would be mature in.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would love Jr. Mods, That would give me a chance to help MCSG by removing hackers and spammers... I love Mr. Dices ideas about being assigned to a mod.. :D I can be mature sometimes and immature sometimes.. Im 13 and this is something I would be mature in.
It seems like a lot of work when just the mods can do it all in one go. If you want to help, record the hackers and report them along with the spammers and such. We don't NEED Jr.Mods, we need mods with all of their powers working on the servers banning the hackers, doing report abuse and all that stuff. If you're 13 I'm sorry but the age limit for mods is 15 and it will stick at 15. Like I said, report the hackers and the spammers and that's a big help to the moderators! :)

We do apreciate it when people record hackers and spammers and report them for us. It's nice that you guys want to keep the community happy when maybe mods are away or not in your game. We are hiring more moderators but the age limit is 15 and it will stick at 15 with no exceptions.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The New Plugin!
Yes, we know its buggy, yes, we know we have issues that need to be fixed, NO you don't need to rage on the forums about getting killed because of the rubberbanding issues or raging about being killed by people in the DeathMatch bug on Breeze island! Believe it or not, we DO have developers working on the issues in the plugin right now but we can't just fix everything and anything. They need to figure out what's wrong and then actually find a way to fix it, yelling on the forums and raging at all the staff. They can only go as fast as they can and it's basically like we're back in Beta (all you oldies out there will know what MCSGV1 beta was like *shudders*) but not as bad. There will be issues but our awesome developers will be able to fix it soon enough so please, stop raging on the forums, stop all the madness that's going on and just report bugs you may find like the Breeze Island Boat DeathMatch glitch nicely on the forums with no foul language or insulting words towards the staff or the community.
Thank you.

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
The New Plugin!
Yes, we know its buggy, yes, we know we have issues that need to be fixed, NO you don't need to rage on the forums about getting killed because of the rubberbanding issues or raging about being killed by people in the DeathMatch bug on Breeze island! Believe it or not, we DO have developers working on the issues in the plugin right now but we can't just fix everything and anything. They need to figure out what's wrong and then actually find a way to fix it, yelling on the forums and raging at all the staff. They can only go as fast as they can and it's basically like we're back in Beta (all you oldies out there will know what MCSGV1 beta was like *shudders*) but not as bad. There will be issues but our awesome developers will be able to fix it soon enough so please, stop raging on the forums, stop all the madness that's going on and just report bugs you may find like the Breeze Island Boat DeathMatch glitch nicely on the forums with no foul language or insulting words towards the staff or the community.
Thank you.
Gabbo fix der plguin noeeee or i wunt dunate 100000$

Squatman99

Tribute
Reaction score
Donor Perks:

Now, I've seen a lot of people complaining about getting kicked by donors and constantly posting threads, asking for it to be removed or for it to be fair, etc, etc, etc. First things as first, we will NOT be removing the kick to join privilege donors get because that is a perk. We aren't demanding people to donate to the servers, they are willingly giving up their money to help pay towards the running of the servers. Chad pays A LOT for all of the servers and its very expensive and to say thank you to donors we give them the coloured name (depending on what level donor they are, eg. Iron = Grey, Gold = Yellow and Diamond = Light Blue) so that people know that they've donated and know that they are helping the servers.

I know its annoying to be kicked from a game you're wanting to play and not able to get back in but its something we give back to them for helping us out. The reason why people are kicked is because donors kick people who have joined the server last or second to last or third to last, etc, etc.

My suggestion for this is, look for a server on your server list that says POST_VICTORY, and then wait for it to restart. The quicker you get into a server, the least you're going to get kicked (unless all the donors in the world join). Unfortunately, we can't stop those perks so posting constant threads about it are just cluttering up the forums.

The kick message may or may not be changed from its current status. A post was made about it
(http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...age-when-a-donor-kicks-you.25783/#post-228458) and it sparked a conversation between our staff. This may or may not change depending on what the Developers say and what Chad says.
About this, I have played on these servers for a while and I know that without this perk would cause alot of donators to stop donating, but in all honesty I think this needs to be fixed. I'm not saying taking this perk away entirely as you obviously don't agree with that and have expressed that before, what I'm saying is it should be toned down a little.

Playing on the server nowadays, if I join any servers us1-us10, usually donators fill up the server in about a minute and no regular players are left on the server. Even sometimes on us11-20 now, this happens. I don't think it's fair to regular players that get in very first, and then end up getting kicked, there's like no way to avoid it on those servers. Us20-40 are OK, but still sometimes maybe 1/5 times, the server will fill up with donators and all the regular players are not there.

Heres what I propose you do:

Make a system where a max of, I don't know, 8 Iron donors, 8 Gold Donors, and 8 Diamond donors are able to join the lobby. Since the majority of donators are iron donators because they want to get the perks for as little price possible, this would definitely help in this situation. Although gold and diamond donors could still fill up the server, it is very very unlikely. This would be fair, so donators can't just join a game starting in a couple of seconds. They can still easily get into games, but they will just have to wait maybe an extra minute or so for the game to start.

And of course, Moderators/Admins and VIPS are not in this yet. So, as there are not many VIPS, they should be allowed to join infinitely, and Moderators/Admins should be able to as well. Usually moderators don't all join at once, they usually go around with other moderators playing on servers with a group of 4-5, so I don't think it's a problem.

I hope you take this into consideration as it is not just saying "plz get rid of donator perks they r stupid", and if this could be done I think it would make alot of players happy :)

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
About this, I have played on these servers for a while and I know that without this perk would cause alot of donators to stop donating, but in all honesty I think this needs to be fixed. I'm not saying taking this perk away entirely as you obviously don't agree with that and have expressed that before, what I'm saying is it should be toned down a little.

Playing on the server nowadays, if I join any servers us1-us10, usually donators fill up the server in about a minute and no regular players are left on the server. Even sometimes on us11-20 now, this happens. I don't think it's fair to regular players that get in very first, and then end up getting kicked, there's like no way to avoid it on those servers. Us20-40 are OK, but still sometimes maybe 1/5 times, the server will fill up with donators and all the regular players are not there.

Heres what I propose you do:

Make a system where a max of, I don't know, 8 Iron donors, 8 Gold Donors, and 8 Diamond donors are able to join the lobby. Since the majority of donators are iron donators because they want to get the perks for as little price possible, this would definitely help in this situation. Although gold and diamond donors could still fill up the server, it is very very unlikely. This would be fair, so donators can't just join a game starting in a couple of seconds. They can still easily get into games, but they will just have to wait maybe an extra minute or so for the game to start.

And of course, Moderators/Admins and VIPS are not in this yet. So, as there are not many VIPS, they should be allowed to join infinitely, and Moderators/Admins should be able to as well. Usually moderators don't all join at once, they usually go around with other moderators playing on servers with a group of 4-5, so I don't think it's a problem.

I hope you take this into consideration as it is not just saying "plz get rid of donator perks they r stupid", and if this could be done I think it would make alot of players happy :)
Actually, we have a way to combat this. Donors now have a cooldown system. If you join one game and leave, you can't join another game for a couple minutes, giving other people chance to get in and such. We can't tone down the perks, people would stop donating and then you wouldn't have servers to play on. The reason why MCSG is still standing financially is because of the donors.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually, we have a way to combat this. Donors now have a cooldown system. If you join one game and leave, you can't join another game for a couple minutes, giving other people chance to get in and such. We can't tone down the perks, people would stop donating and then you wouldn't have servers to play on. The reason why MCSG is still standing financially is because of the donors.
I think a cooldown of a couple minutes is unfair with the new short lobby time. Maybe 1-2 minutes would be fair, but a couple minutes (normally implying 2 or more minutes) would be too long in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci