• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide A Couple Things Concerning MCSG

Has this been helpful towards you, the people of the community?

• Yes

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Again, The Better Sprint Mod
The better sprint mod is now completely banned from our servers. Anyone who is caught using the hack will be tempbanned and you won't be unbanned for it. If you are caught using it again after your tempban you will he perm banned. There is no exceptions to this rule, you will follow the rules, you will be banned if you are caught breaking them. Just because BajanCanadian uses it doesn't mean you can, he has been told that he can't use it and has stopped using it on our servers.

Now, for the record, I repeat, you CANNOT use the BETTER SPRINT MOD on the servers.

You have been warned.

Reaction score
Gibbo, I'd like to ask a question. If you go to the .minecraft folders, then options, you can adjust the gamma of your game directly. This allows you to basiclly have a legitamite in-game full bright mod. Seeing as this is not part of a hacked client or abusing a glitch, is this allowed on the MCSG servers. I heard about the gamma option the other day, and seeing as it can add to a players performance in a legitimate in game way, I'd like to hear a moderators view on this strategy.

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Gibbo, I'd like to ask a question. If you go to the .minecraft folders, then options, you can adjust the gamma of your game directly. This allows you to basiclly have a legitamite in-game full bright mod. Seeing as this is not part of a hacked client or abusing a glitch, is this allowed on the MCSG servers. I heard about the gamma option the other day, and seeing as it can add to a players performance in a legitimate in game way, I'd like to hear a moderators view on this strategy.
Id like to know as well. I heard about it, got scared about using it and turned it off because I didnt want to be banned.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alternate Accounts.
Right, you naughty people that use alt accounts to get around bans, stop that please. If you've been banned for hacking or being abusive then you will be banned permenantly and we will find out those alt accounts and they will be banned as well. If you use an alt account to get around a temp ban then that's just a bit silly and you really don't need it. If we do find you doing that though your original ban on your original account will be reset to the time that you were originally banned for and your alt account will be banned for the same amount of times. We do find these things out guys as we do have ways of finding these things out. Even if you get away with it for a month or so, you will slip up and you will be perm banned/temp banned again.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Alternate Accounts.
Right, you naughty people that use alt accounts to get around bans, stop that please. If you've been banned for hacking or being abusive then you will be banned permenantly and we will find out those alt accounts and they will be banned as well. If you use an alt account to get around a temp ban then that's just a bit silly and you really don't need it. If we do find you doing that though your original ban on your original account will be reset to the time that you were originally banned for and your alt account will be banned for the same amount of times. We do find these things out guys as we do have ways of finding these things out. Even if you get away with it for a month or so, you will slip up and you will be perm banned/temp banned again.
Just wondering, couldn't you just IP ban them?

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Would lighting mods be not allowed on the server? I've got glsl shaders, and it's set up so that dark areas are not as dark as they should be. Should I switch to normal shaders when I play on the servers?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Would lighting mods be not allowed on the server? I've got glsl shaders, and it's set up so that dark areas are not as dark as they should be. Should I switch to normal shaders when I play on the servers?
I'm pretty sure it's ok as long as it doesn't give you an unfair advantage that no other player has. Shaders mods should be fine.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Awnsered EVERYTHING i wanted to know.
Thanks for closing my thread and sending me to the Handy link ;)
I salute you! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci