• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A message to the cocky people out there...

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I know the feels man, 75% of the time when I make it to dm, people will make an impromptue team, it's the most frustrating thing. This is why I think we need solo only servers.
I'd love this so much... solo servers.... omg :l

Like I've mentioned here and there a few times now, this is a [toxic]byproduct of the competitive nature of MCSG, combined with 'trash talk' becoming increasingly common in pretty much every other competitive game (not limited to just Minecraft gametypes).

How do we rectify the problem? There is no easy fix for this, sorry to say. The best you can do as an individual is to not let such things get to you, as this pretty much nullifies the whole point of saying things like 'ez, rekt, gg' which is to instigate conflict or incite a feeling of enragement in the victim.

I used a lot of big words there didn't I
that's kinda like tellling someone to not let what a bully says to them irl hurt them. Easier said than done. The overcompetetive nature of mcsg is pretty much making this place a place full of hatred and bullying. I personally don't let things to get me, irl or on mcsg, but there are tons of people that it bothers.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This was definitely something that needed to be said, but I guess you can't really put a end to it because there will always be trash-talking in competitive games.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
This was definitely something that needed to be said, but I guess you can't really put a end to it because there will always be trash-talking in competitive games.
Yeah you're right, but as I said in the thread I just really wanted to get this off of my chest. :p

Oh, and I just went to try and play a couple a games back on AU yesterday, I just got random teamed in deathmatch and another game died to a team of hackers... Makes me cry... Evrtim. ;-;

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ah... Cocky people... Certainly an all time favorite..!

What I find generally bothersome are those people who Tryhard another player, whether they are a big name or someone they simply dislike, and then say Gg, eZ, etc.

As an example, I find it most beneficial to use myself since those are the most accurate stories I can recount. It was an SG4 game, and I was followed off spawn by a disguised player... I was not a moderator at the time so I was unaware of who this person was but they continued to follow me on my chest route- when I got a weapon I would turn to try and fight them... At one point I dropped them equal items to myself hoping they would fight me then... But instead they simply continued to run. The game continued and the person still lurked behind refusing to fight. Turns out that they were just waiting for their perfect opportunity. As soon as I ended a fight with another player that left me with three hearts, I bet you could guess what happened next-- the disguised player who had been following me jumped at the opportunity and came in for the clean up followed with a lovely chat spam of GG10, eZ, r3kt m8..!

There is a reason there are some indented holes in my wall hidden behind a chair... It is for special people like this one... The get the rage out safely.

I am a person who rages... Very hardcore when it comes down to it. In a casual game when I am with friends I do not mind if I die, typically I find myself making some nonsense weaponry out of gold and using it to take a 2v1 DM. But when I am tryharding for wins nothing will make me angrier than someone who follows me off spawn.

Now I know that people typically will state that if I don't want people spawn killing or following me I should simply /d. But I really do enjoy playing as myself... Should I not be able to play as myself due to some simple targeters and abusers... I don't know...?

A lot of questions have arisen from my short little rant of people who make me rage...
1) If I can prevent harassment for myself with /d who's fault is it really that I am tryharded?
2) When is something considered targeting and when does that become abuse?

All of these questions with a multitude of answeres come to mind here and I know that I only covered a small portion of the gg10ez community here-- simply those who target for a specific purpose... But I find it interesting where placing the blame could lie... /d was invented for a reason.

Kankrot

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah I do agree that the AU servers are competitive but EU is way worse. Firstly, there are so many hackers and then there's also a lot of tryharders.. You'll be lucky if you get at least 1/10 ratio in EU ;-;
I cri everytim ;_;

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd love this so much... solo servers.... omg :l

that's kinda like tellling someone to not let what a bully says to them irl hurt them. Easier said than done. The overcompetetive nature of mcsg is pretty much making this place a place full of hatred and bullying. I personally don't let things to get me, irl or on mcsg, but there are tons of people that it bothers.
But no mods would play on them cause all mods just 5 team..

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Just something else I'd like to point out: I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday (in the ingame chat he wasn't able to Skyp me :c) and I left the game he was in because I knew there was someone in that game who would definitely 3 team me or something along those lines and then say gg rekt. I asked my friend to leave as well, since we had been talking over the ingame chat, people would know we were gonna team and that we were mates. However, this friend of mine was confident about taking out this person, but what do ya know? I was right. This person had his team of 3, targeted my friend from the beginning of the game, and after killing him in a 3v1, proceeds to say 'rekt redmarz's friend'.

It's pathetic, just the fact that some people would take it to the point where they even harrased players associating to the player that was their target.

Salared

Survivor
Reaction score
Just something else I'd like to point out: I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday (in the ingame chat he wasn't able to Skyp me :c) and I left the game he was in because I knew there was someone in that game who would definitely 3 team me or something along those lines and then say gg rekt. I asked my friend to leave as well, since we had been talking over the ingame chat, people would know we were gonna team and that we were mates. However, this friend of mine was confident about taking out this person, but what do ya know? I was right. This person had his team of 3, targeted my friend from the beginning of the game, and after killing him in a 3v1, proceeds to say 'rekt redmarz's friend'.

It's pathetic, just the fact that some people would take it to the point where they even harrased players associating to the player that was their target.
I don't think you added anything by posting that, instead you reposted the exact same story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci