• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About TeweranSG3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1: When K1ll1er finally pointed my map out to an admin, he had no idea it was even there, and it was hastily added to the servers within the next day. I couldn't even contact the staff, despite heavy efforts.

2: It is there though, therefore when you offer it to somebody, they tend to not pass up the opportunity .

3: Yes

4: No, if you look on the right side of both of the forum pages, the "Online members" number is higher on the hive 9 times out of 10. For example, right now, it is 272 on MCSG, and 280 on the Hive. (Usually a difference of 50 to 60. That is just the forums though I suppose.

5: Agreed

6: wait what?

7: Listen dude, I was asked to create new and updated versions of SG 1,2,3,4, and fix all the bugs. In addition to that I also did Survival Kingdom and Solar frost, and also one other. The thread was not even looked at, no matter how many times I tried to tell the staff about it. Seems like a waste of time right? It was.
1. It is hard to stand out.

2. It's there, yes. But the point I'm getting to is that if it wasn't. In the end it's just a colored name on a server, whereas having a map with your name on it is a lot more awesome.

4. The Hive has more guests. I'm reading it right now, MCSG has 280 members online, 66 registered and 214 guests, and the Hive has 271, and 48 of those are registered, but over 223 guests. So, according to that... MCSG has more on, it will peak at certain times but MCSG is at a steady player rise, which is a lot better then a sharp player rise that Hive has, sure more members but it tends to spike downwards until the hype is over. Also the Hive has less than 10k registered accounts on the forum and MCSG has over 120k on the forum alone.

6. The community respects and enjoys the maps, and they wouldn't get to play it if Chad didn't put them up. Even if Chad does not like a map, if the community really wants it he will give it to them. MCSG is a community, not a server, and it's the majority that get a say in it.

7. And how, did you get people's "attention"? If you've ever developed something on the internet, maybe not even Minecraft related on a forum with tons of people, you have to do a lot to get the right people's attention these days.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
6. The community respects and enjoys the maps, and they wouldn't get to play it if Chad didn't put them up. Even if Chad does not like a map, if the community really wants it he will give it to them. MCSG is a community, not a server, and it's the majority that get a say in it.
Exactly this^. If the community wanted the map, Chad would have to put it on the servers to please them. By the looks of the first thread about Teweran 3, a lot of people want it. It's up to Terewan whether he would let MCSG have the map or not. This thread is starting to shift into repetitive, flaming arguments so thread locked.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the people who take the time to investigate both sides of the story before coming to an opinion:

I contacted you the one time via your teamspeak to check in on how everything is going with your map 3. During that conversation, MCSG did offer to help you in any way and also offered to even give you more publicity through our system. We even offered you and your team to join our build team to help create maps for our core system like the lobbies and other game types like MCTF2. We loved your work and same with our members. If you would have asked us for anything within reason, we would have given it to you but you never asked for anything even though we offered (besides saving your profile from someone stealing your name and branding). Saying that I don't want your map was very untruthful as I did check in with you via email recently asking how was your progress on TSG3 but got no response. I did change my vote to no because of the rumors of time exclusivity (not a public release as originally intended) and I apologize if that gave you get the wrong impression of my opinions for your project. Exclusivity hurts the community, period. MCSG listens to our members to better our community and pretty much shaped our version 2 by addressing the complaints about version 1. Lasty, us removing posts about other servers were justified because they were using our system to advertise competing communities. That is and always has been against our rules since the beginning of MCSG 1 year ago.

Thanks slasherxtreme for locking the thread and to the mod who alerted me about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci