• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About TeweranSG3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffington2

Experienced
Reaction score
Look guys, what I am about to say is completely opinionated, so don't get any wrong conclusions about this post. So, as a map maker myself, who has already submitted one map to MCSG (Survival Kingdom) I feel that map makers would be more inclined to submit their work to the Hive, and NOT MCSG.
1: The Hive is MUCH more responsive in their acceptance of peoples work, as MCSG in my experience takes 2 to 3 months to even notice your work.
2:The Hive rewards people who put work into the community with stuff such as VIP.
3:In my opinion, better work is accepted through the Hive rather than MCSG. Not throwing any map names out there, but I think that the maps on the hive are more strategically built, and betterly built, and simply have more time and effort put towards them on the builders side of things.
4:The Hive is a more active community. I don't know about the servers, but although MCSG has more members on their forums, The Hive always seems to beat them with the amount of members online. This means that your map will get the attention it deserves.
5: This is complete opinion as well, but a reason one map maker might choose The Hive over MCSG, is because they like the plugin better. That may just be their personal opinion though, but it's something to take into account when considering Teweran's decision.
6:Obviously map makers should not get treated differently or with more respect than any other average user of MCSG, but they should most DEFINITELY not get disrespected for putting their FREE time and effort in to the community, at absolutely NO EXPENSE. I most definitely do NOT know the whole story, but according Teweran they were disrespected by the owner of MCSG. I don't know about anybody else, but this would definitely make me think, "Jeez, why am I wasting my time here, when I could be getting much better over there"
7: with my experience, MCSG never seems to find the time to fix the bugs in the maps. I waited 2 months before tier-2's were implemented in Survival Kingdom, and they all got deleted/bugged, and some not placed where I preferred. Survival Kingdom also has A BIG NUMBER of bugs, that have been fixed on my new version of the map that was sent to MCSG, but never implimented. (Sorry that you're stuck with the old version)

Well anyways, there's my thoughts on the whole situation. As a mapmaker myself, I consider the benefits over at the Hive MUCH better than MCSG. Obviously just me though, and this is the main reason that my map that I am currently working on is going straight to the Hive instead of MCSG. This is also not a biased opinion, because as a mapmaker of one map, I have submitted and got accepted by MCSG. Of course, reason 8 for me would be that, Why would I submit a map to MCSG, when I'm banned so I can't even play my own map? Lol. Hope you respect my opinion, and if you got this far, thanks for reading my thoughts.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing is, Teweran gave them a house in the first place wanting NOTHING in return. Just because they are more popular doesn't mean they can expect something in return NOW.
No, they want gratitude and respect, just like donors get when they donate and get donor priveleges.And VIP would be a way of getting this, and tah dah, Hive actually is giving them something MCSG never did.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A g33ke sized paragraph.
Y'know, I may not agree entirely with your post but I respect it.
I've never been a mapmaker myself so I don't know what it must be like for Teweran or you. But I say with some confidence that the only reward I would want from making a map is to have it on the servers. I wouldn't care about VIP or other such. I would just want to see people playing my map and (Perhaps) enjoying it and say "I made that". It would be the best feeling in the world for me. I would never demand anything back from the servers because why should I? They've already given me a gift by putting it on the servers. I'm content with that. But that's only my opinion, and I could see how other people would want more. :)

And by the way, they only started getting disrespected when the announced they were going to make their map 1 month exclusive to Hive. And I think Chad kinda overreacted. The more you know.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
No, they want gratitude and respect, just like donors get when they donate and get donor priveleges.And VIP would be a way of getting this, and tah dah, Hive actually is giving them something MCSG never did.
And now they don't get gratitude and respect? From their map being on our servers, they have gained more popularity, a huge support group and people who love their maps and them. They have been extremely respected and thanked, not only by the community but many many of the staff as well. When Terewen 2 came out, the Sr.Staff went on to play the map and saw them in game. We all complimented them on how amazing the map was and thanked them for it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don´t understand why you´re complaining about Teweran. They´ve said it in their first post: "The way he has been rude to us, disliked our maps in the poll etc.."

Just imaging: You´re building an awesome map and put a lot of hard word in it. But the serverowner (or other teamleader) only thinking about there own fame. No reaction to your awesome creation. Just pasted it to the server and no little thanks or something else.

This is not the reaction anyone expect. And you´re wondering about their evil mood?? oO

They said its not you´re fault, so complain to this guy and not to Teweran. And what the hell should mean they would doing it for this dopey rank??? Do you really mean Teweran would need this so much? They need respect to this hard work, no rank, no money .. nothing... nothing just a little bit of respect and one sentence: "Thank you for this awesome map."

[Hope you understand me, sry for my bad english]
"This looks awesome!"
"Really nice effort"
"That.... looks.... AMAZING!"
"THIS IS AMAZING 10/10"
"1 Word. Beast"
"Man, this is so sexy."
"WORK OF ART"
"Wow this looks amazing"
"It's just... beautiful man... you and your team should feel proud!"
"WOW"
"Just wow.. Nothing more.."
"You have done a real good job"
"Love it"
"Looks amazing!"
"I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH"
"Epic"
"This looks amazing"
"Omfg this is so sexy. <3"
"Simply amazing!"
"wow... beautiful"
"I really like this map"
"Looks amazing"
"fantastic"
"I guess I'm going to have a new favourite map"
"Its Epic"
"I wish I could marry this map"
"Nice work guys"
"I honestly love it"
"Ermagherd this is so awesome"
"Freaking love you"
"Seriously, this is absolutely fantastic."
"this is one of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen within Minecraft."
"Brilliant!"
"Best map I've seen in f'in forveerr."
"Awesome map idea, cannot wait to see it!"
"Really epic map!"
"Another AMAZING map by you"
"OMG A WESTERN! I LOVE IT"
"One word: Amazing"
"It looks awesome"
"I like your maps because they are original"
"Great Job"
"Looks great"
"Wow. Just.. wow"
"It's soo BEAUTIFURR"
"That's... Frickin.... BEAUTIFURRRRRR!"
"OMFG its amazing"
"Amazing..... <3"
"This map is just beautiful"
"I love this map!"
"THIS MAP IS THE MOST SMEXY THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!"

If you do not call that support and respect, then I don't even..

The thing is that, MCSG is a community. Chad may host and keep things in order, but it's putting weight on hundreds of thousands of players because of one person.

And Biffington2, your map was amazing. It got a huge response, and the community loved it, I could redo the list I just made for Teweran with a similar length.

1. Just because the higher staff and Chad have not added your map nor replied doesn't mean they haven't looked through it and prioritize it. If you haven't notice most maps come out in bundles, with 1-3 other maps at a time, or within an update such as MCSGv2.

2. It is true, but it's unnecessary. The rank altogether could not have existed and nobody would be complaining, and there isn't people put into higher regard when it comes to map making.

3. Maybe true in some cases, well, depending on who's opinion it is.

4. False, MCSG has more active members constantly on the server and the forums, the statistics say. Where did you hear this?

5. No idea about this, I've never created a map designed for the Hive before.

6. To teh community. I answered that above.

7. Finished maps tend to get overlooked when it comes to updating. Try and finish and test the map first. Personally, in my opinion in the time it actually took to accept the map, the map could of been tested then before allowing it to be uploaded.

Biffington2

Experienced
Reaction score
Y'know, I may not agree entirely with your post but I respect it.
I've never been a mapmaker myself so I don't know what it must be like for Teweran or you. But I say with some confidence that the only reward I would want from making a map is to have it on the servers. I wouldn't care about VIP or other such. I would just want to see people playing my map and (Perhaps) enjoying it and say "I made that". It would be the best feeling in the world for me. I would never demand anything back from the servers because why should I? They've already given me a gift by putting it on the servers. I'm content with that. But that's only my opinion, and I could see how other people would want more. :)

And by the way, they only started getting disrespected when the announced they were going to make their map 1 month exclusive to Hive. And I think Chad kinda overreacted. The more you know.
It's just a better move to submit it to the Hive rather than MCSG in my opinion. And yes, i too believe the only reward needed is to have it on the server network, and yes, it feels great to have people play on your map. But you know how it is, the more the better. It's like salary.

Biffington2

Experienced
Reaction score
"This looks awesome!"
"Really nice effort"
"That.... looks.... AMAZING!"
"THIS IS AMAZING 10/10"
"1 Word. Beast"
"Man, this is so sexy."
"WORK OF ART"
"Wow this looks amazing"
"It's just... beautiful man... you and your team should feel proud!"
"WOW"
"Just wow.. Nothing more.."
"You have done a real good job"
"Love it"
"Looks amazing!"
"I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH"
"Epic"
"This looks amazing"
"Omfg this is so sexy. <3"
"Simply amazing!"
"wow... beautiful"
"I really like this map"
"Looks amazing"
"fantastic"
"I guess I'm going to have a new favourite map"
"Its Epic"
"I wish I could marry this map"
"Nice work guys"
"I honestly love it"
"Ermagherd this is so awesome"
"Freaking love you"
"Seriously, this is absolutely fantastic."
"this is one of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen within Minecraft."
"Brilliant!"
"Best map I've seen in f'in forveerr."
"Awesome map idea, cannot wait to see it!"
"Really epic map!"
"Another AMAZING map by you"
"OMG A WESTERN! I LOVE IT"
"One word: Amazing"
"It looks awesome"
"I like your maps because they are original"
"Great Job"
"Looks great"
"Wow. Just.. wow"
"It's soo BEAUTIFURR"
"That's... Frickin.... BEAUTIFURRRRRR!"
"OMFG its amazing"
"Amazing..... <3"
"This map is just beautiful"
"I love this map!"
"THIS MAP IS THE MOST SMEXY THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!"

If you do not call that support and respect, then I don't even..

The thing is that, MCSG is a community. Chad may host and keep things in order, but it's putting weight on hundreds of thousands of players because of one person.

And Biffington2, your map was amazing. It got a huge response, and the community loved it, I could redo the list I just made for Teweran with a similar length.

1. Just because the higher staff and Chad have not added your map nor replied doesn't mean they haven't looked through it and prioritize it. If you haven't notice most maps come out in bundles, with 1-3 other maps at a time, or within an update such as MCSGv2.

2. It is true, but it's unnecessary. The rank altogether could not have existed and nobody would be complaining, and there isn't people put into higher regard when it comes to map making.

3. Maybe true in some cases, well, depending on who's opinion it is.

4. False, MCSG has more active members constantly on the server and the forums, the statistics say. Where did you hear this?

5. No idea about this, I've never created a map designed for the Hive before.

6. To teh community. I answered that above.

7. Finished maps tend to get overlooked when it comes to updating. Try and finish and test the map first. Personally, in my opinion in the time it actually took to accept the map, the map could of been tested then before allowing it to be uploaded.
1: When K1ll1er finally pointed my map out to an admin, he had no idea it was even there, and it was hastily added to the servers within the next day. I couldn't even contact the staff, despite heavy efforts.

2: It is there though, therefore when you offer it to somebody, they tend to not pass up the opportunity .

3: Yes

4: No, if you look on the right side of both of the forum pages, the "Online members" number is higher on the hive 9 times out of 10. For example, right now, it is 272 on MCSG, and 280 on the Hive. (Usually a difference of 50 to 60. That is just the forums though I suppose.

5: Agreed

6: wait what?

7: Listen dude, I was asked to create new and updated versions of SG 1,2,3,4, and fix all the bugs. In addition to that I also did Survival Kingdom and Solar frost, and also one other. The thread was not even looked at, no matter how many times I tried to tell the staff about it. Seems like a waste of time right? It was.

Biffington2

Experienced
Reaction score
The thing is, Teweran gave them a house in the first place wanting NOTHING in return. Just because they are more popular doesn't mean they can expect something in return NOW.
I wouldn't really say they are ASKING for anything. They are just saying "Look, we have this over here, and we don't have this over there. This is why we are switching to here, because they are giving us better benefits. I also don't thick it is primarily about the benefits in the first place.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
I wouldn't really say they are ASKING for anything. They are just saying "Look, we have this over here, and we don't have this over there. This is why we are switching to here, because they are giving us better benefits. I also don't thick it is primarily about the benefits in the first place.
Please stop posting more than once in a row, we have an edit button for a reason. Also I agree with you, it wasn't about the benefits in the first place, so why should it be about it now? If they love the community, then they should make maps for the community to enjoy, and in return for their caring dedication, they will get their ranks here, that is, if that's what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci