• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

GETREAL99

Survivor
Reaction score
So you've seen most of the good gateway anime and popular shounens (excluding One Piece and Naruto), I don't watch much of that genre, but one good shounen I've seen is Magi (http://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic). It's got some good characters and interesting thematic elements. I'll also recommend Trigun (http://myanimelist.net/anime/6/Trigun), a fantastic action anime with great characters (and the coolest MC since ever), and some really intriguing sci-fi elements. It starts off a little slow for the first 10 or so episodes, but after than gets much darker and more interesting, and it explores some interesting themes. They're both on Hulu, but Magi is also on Crunchyroll, and Trigun is availible (legally) subbed on YouTube, though personally I'd highly recommend watching the dubbed version as it's fantastic.
I'll give them a try.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Are there any On-going anime that you recommend?
Well the current season (Fall) has for the most part come to a close, excluding the few 2-cour (22-26 eps per season) shows, so I'll recommend you some of those.

Your Lie in April / Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Well done (if a bit cheesy) music-themed show. It's about our main protagonist Arima Kousei, a former young prodigy pianist as he comes to terms with his past and himself.

Shirobako - Really great Slice-of-Life about people working in the animation industry. It has good characters and is surprisingly realistic. Both of these are also pretty inspirational as well (about people striving for success and working their hardest.)

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like answering the questions listed.

Funniest anime moment?: Haven't watched that many.

Favorite Anime of the season?: Attack On Titan

What is your favorite anime(s) and why!: SAO - I feel like the plot is very creative!

What is your least favorite anime(s) and why!: Don't have any.

Log Horizon or SAO?: SAO.

GETREAL99

Survivor
Reaction score
Favorite anime?
Very hard to decide.

Tie between DBZ, Fairy Tail, and Attack On Titan

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I just finished Durarara!! A pretty fantastic bizarre mystery slice-of-life style show with action, intrigue, crazily unique characters and a very interesting interconnecting overarching story. Overall really well done, though there were some things I would've liked to have been expanded upon (though there is a second season on it's way, so no need to worry!) I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Also Shizuo is the biggest bad-a$$ in all of anime. 'Nuff sed.

Smizack

Survivor
Reaction score
Did anyone watch episode 1 of Tokyo Ghoul Root A?!?!?!

thesurvivalmon

Spectator
Reaction score
Dbz is the best anime you can find in the lift, i don't know if its anime, but for me it is, and then i like the anime where a guy is a boxer and battles other people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci