• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
Umm...bump.

DISCUSSION TOPIC: UPCOMING WINTER SEASON ANIME

The Winter Season is on it's way, and there's new anime coming! To see the upcoming winter anime, go to: http://anichart.net/winter

I found that there seems to be a lot of mediocre stuff this season, but Rolling Girls, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assasination Classroom), Aldnoah.Zero 2, Death Parade, Koufuku Graffiti, Yoru no Yatterman and Sengoku Musou seem at least a little interesting.

Hands down the weirdest anime winter season is gonna go to Junketsu no Maria:

"The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the Hundred Years' War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic anyways."
i'm looking forward to the next season of kuroko no basket

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to the next season of kuroko no basket
I never got around to watching the first season (as by the time I heard about it there was already like 30+ episodes), but what's exactly so good about it? Do your best to convince me, as I have a hard time picking up sports-related anime (due to my complete and utter disinterest in sports), but I know that I can enjoy sports anime, as I watched both seasons of Chihayafuru (50 eps!) and I love that show.

The other problem is there's quite a few long-running sports anime I've been meaning to watch, with Haikyuu and Cross Game being up there.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
I never got around to watching the first season (as by the time I heard about it there was already like 30+ episodes), but what's exactly so good about it? Do your best to convince me, as I have a hard time picking up sports-related anime (due to my complete and utter disinterest in sports), but I know that I can enjoy sports anime, as I watched both seasons of Chihayafuru (50 eps!) and I love that show.
really it's not too special on its own but it is very entertaining to watch. think dragonball/naruto superpowers + basketball. you find yourself wrapped into the story very quick because its so easy to want to see if your team wins.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Umm...bump.

The Winter Season is on it's way, and there's new anime coming! To see the upcoming winter anime, go to: http://anichart.net/winter

I found that there seems to be a lot of mediocre stuff this season, but Rolling Girls, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assasination Classroom), Aldnoah.Zero 2, Death Parade, Koufuku Graffiti, Yoru no Yatterman and Sengoku Musou seem at least a little interesting.

"The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the Hundred Years' War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic anyways."
Durarara Season 2 <3

Smizack

Survivor
Reaction score
Umm...bump.

So excited for Tokyo Ghoul Season 2!!

Anyways, has anyone here watched Psycho Pass, Log Horizon, or Fullmetal Alchemist? If yes, are they good? Planning to watch one of them after I finish Death Note! :D

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score

Anyways, has anyone here watched Psycho Pass, Log Horizon, or Fullmetal Alchemist? If yes, are they good? Planning to watch one of them after I finish Death Note! :D
Log Horizon was pretty good :p I think the 1st season was better than the 2nd

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score

I've seen Log Horizon, but I've heard Psycho Pass is great, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (the remake, not the original FMA) is generally considered one of the best anime out there. FMA: B actually holds the current #1 spot on MyAnimeList (the most popular site currently for listing your anime), with a average score of 9.24 and a total of 245,703 scorers. In fact, 50.3% of those people gave it a 10/10.

Log Horizon was pretty good :p I think the 1st season was better than the 2nd
On Log Horizon again, if you've ever played an MMO you'll be able to really appreciate it, because it takes the strategies behind them and realistically applies it. The downside is it gets a little over dramatic occasionally, and in the currently airing second season, while it has some good moments, there are some flaws. They switched animation studios, and the current one (studio deen) is not doing a very good job (heck, they're kind of infamous for being a poor animation studio.) Along with that, the pacing is poorly balanced, and the drama I'd say is even more silly than before. It's still far from bad, but it's not nearly as good.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
AoT
DBZ
Death Note

Still watching Fairy Tail tho.
I'm only up to ep 51 :-;
So you've seen most of the good gateway anime and popular shounens (excluding One Piece and Naruto), I don't watch much of that genre, but one good shounen I've seen is Magi (http://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic). It's got some good characters and interesting thematic elements. I'll also recommend Trigun (http://myanimelist.net/anime/6/Trigun), a fantastic action anime with great characters (and the coolest MC since ever), and some really intriguing sci-fi elements. It starts off a little slow for the first 10 or so episodes, but after than gets much darker and more interesting, and it explores some interesting themes. They're both on Hulu, but Magi is also on Crunchyroll, and Trigun is availible (legally) subbed on YouTube, though personally I'd highly recommend watching the dubbed version as it's fantastic.

Smizack

Survivor
Reaction score
So you've seen most of the good gateway anime and popular shounens (excluding One Piece and Naruto), I don't watch much of that genre, but one good shounen I've seen is Magi (http://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic). It's got some good characters and interesting thematic elements. I'll also recommend Trigun (http://myanimelist.net/anime/6/Trigun), a fantastic action anime with great characters (and the coolest MC since ever), and some really intriguing sci-fi elements. It starts off a little slow for the first 10 or so episodes, but after than gets much darker and more interesting, and it explores some interesting themes. They're both on Hulu, but Magi is also on Crunchyroll, and Trigun is availible (legally) subbed on YouTube, though personally I'd highly recommend watching the dubbed version as it's fantastic.
Are there any On-going anime that you recommend?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci