• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
OMG KOR YOUR AVATAR IS WATAMO HOLY IHW IUBHRO BNEIOOIRUBHWIR BIHVR

I love you so much right now
xD
Yup, I watched the entire series in a day, then stayed up at night reading the manga from like chapter 25 to 61. That show is pretty depressing though :p

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
What recent anime are you guys watching (as they're released) / looking forward to?
I'm currently watching
GLASSLIP (Ep1) - Meh, has potential, but a little dull
Captain Earth (Ep14) - It's gotten really good, but it sucked for the first 8 or so episodes.

Going to start:
ALDNOAH.ZERO - Robots. Looks cool enuf.
Rail Wars! - Intrigued. First time seeing a anime based around trains.
DRAMAtical Murder - Its the future. There's a super-popular fighting game. People are disappearing. Sounds interesting enough.

Thinking about starting:
Sword Art Online - I've heard a lot of bad things about this show. Mainly that the first 10 or so episodes are good, and the rest suck. They say it has poorly paced romance, and really undeveloped female characters. I've also heard from manga readers that the story arc that S2 will be adapting is actually really good so maybe I'll give it a try. I tried watching it a while ago, but it failed to really draw me in in the first few minutes (I'm much more inclined to continue watching an anime if it can catch my attention and get me interested in the first episode, even more so in the first 5 minutes.) and the use of CG helped drive me away. I really dislike the use of CG in animated series especially when it's used poorly.

Looking Forward to:
Log Horizon S2 - First season was epic, the romance aspect was probably the weakest link, though I still liked it, Akatsuki all the way! <3 Really looking forward to this. It's said to be airing Fall this year, so I still have around 3 or so months to wait. :(

Last edited:

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Watched and finished 'Humanity has declined.' and I'm kind of iffy about it. For instance, in the first 8 or 9 episodes (it's a 12-episode series) it's a pretty funny dark comedy, with some not so subtle social commentary.
Moments like this ->
(watch the whole thing, it's worth it.)

But towards the end, the series starts to take itself waay to seriously, and turns into a really dark and strange drama, with a fairly lukewarm ending and almost no like-able characters. I wanted to get the DVD for it at first, and I was ready to re-watch it, but due to it's ending I don't really want to anymore.

On a side note, I started watching SKET Dance finally (it's large amount of episodes was kind of daunting.) It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it's a pretty funny comedy that loves to piss all over the fourth wall.

Eagle37

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't watch much anime (please don't crucify me xD) but my favourite one was Avatar the Last Airbender. I know it's old now, but I just love every part of it. I love the characters (how can you not like people like Katara and Uppa, well Uppa's not a person), the story and the whole concept. Ever since I was 8, my brother, my sister and I went to our grandparent's house and we watched it there because he had Foxtel (or Cable in the U.S), and it only aired on Nickelodeon. This sounds really childish, but I was 8, I remember trying to do the 'air moves' that Ang did, but I always failed. Anyway, it was just the best show.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't watch much anime (please don't crucify me xD) but my favourite one was Avatar the Last Airbender. I know it's old now, but I just love every part of it. I love the characters (how can you not like people like Katara and Uppa, well Uppa's not a person), the story and the whole concept. Ever since I was 8, my brother, my sister and I went to our grandparent's house and we watched it there because he had Foxtel (or Cable in the U.S), and it only aired on Nickelodeon. This sounds really childish, but I was 8, I remember trying to do the 'air moves' that Ang did, but I always failed. Anyway, it was just the best show.
Technically Avatar isn't a 'real' anime, because it's made in America, not Japan, though you can see it was heavily influenced. But I think it counts anyways. I'm so far behind in it though, I might as well start over from the beginning again.

overthetophd

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly the story line for SAO is great for the first chapter of it, though the rest of the episodes are... questionable. I'm currently watching a lot of anime so I get confused a lot. So here are my thoughts on the anime I have watched or have watched long enough to get an understanding of.

1. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - I LOVE IT AND DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT! The concept at the beginning is styled like your everyday anime, but as it goes on it leaves more questions and a determined you trying to unravel the secrets. My favorite! <3

2. Sword Art Online - Another one of my favorites! The first 13 episodes, or chapter one, totally out rank the second chapter. As the first chapter is written with extreme though, while the second chapter leaves more questions than answers that are never resolved. And the second chapter has molestation bordering rape. Of course if you read the Light Novel they're more in-depth with it, but still not fully explained. Still based from the Light Novel for SAO2, I am absolutely dying to see where it goes!

3. Attack on Titan - I absolutely love this anime! I watched it when it was still in Japanese as there was no English Subtitled/Dubbed which I can partially understand. If you are considering a new anime to watch, I 100% recommend this. It takes a kind've Sasuke-ish theme but seasoned of course. Instead of the brooder's personality, Eren vows to protect his close ones by eliminating the titans and relieving humanity of this problem. Again, the Light Novel go's more in depth with it, but takes it farther than any anime you've ever seen!

Now there are others that I finished and could explain, but there pretty well-known and self-explanatory. Ex. Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note, etc... As for the ones i'm watching-
Fairy Tail - Finished
Pokemon (I actually like this!)
FMA/Brotherhood
Blue Exorcist
Nisekoi - Finished
Mirai Nikki
Rosario +Vampire - Finished
Girls Bravo - Finished
HighSchool DxD
Heavens Lost Property
Guilty Crown
Future Diary (Yandere Queen Yuno in the house!)
HighSchool of the Dead
Date a Live
Nico Nico Douga

#AnimeLyfe

Edit: Season 2 was just announced yesterday of Attack on Titan! Coming out July 26 this year! And a two part movie with the first part coming out at the end of 2014 and the second during 2015!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci