• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bans for investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The OP leaves us hanging :/. The "situation" isn't clearly said as well...
I'm on the edge of my seat, biting my nails D:. Give us some more details? :3.

DisabledAngel

Survivor
Reaction score
We have to remember, we have younger members and even just members that take threats and insults very personally and very seriously which makes it a whole lot easier for the internet trolls and general pricks. In the end though you fellas have to realise that they're just little keyboard warriors that only gather courage over the knowledge they live many miles away.

Zachary0614

Career
Reaction score
I can't say I'm a big fan of how things were done either, but you have to keep in mind that the children involved in this are causing so many problems that it's much faster and easier to go this route. If this community had no drama, then this wouldn't have to take place, which we'd all be happier about that. But, that simply isn't the case.

Edit: I'd also like to note, you have to think about what audience we are targeting. This community is aimed at primarily 10-18 year olds who play Minecraft. You'd have to think, assuming you're a teenager/child, as if you were a parent - what would you want your kid to run across online? Internet bullying is not something parents take kindly to, and nor do we. If they're willing to attack the staff here at Minecraft Survival Games, then they're more than likely willing to attack anyone who defends the staff, which are a great number of people, primarily younger kids.
The Lord Has Spoken!

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
Its pretty simple:
1. Respect the Forum Rules and Game Rules
2. Respect the Forum Staff for everything they do
3. Dont argue with the Staff, they are always right.
4. Have fun!

Get it? Got it? Good
The staff aren't always right, but there are certain ways to respond to it to make a respectful opinion about why they may be wrong instead of raging.
Edit: Do they deserve respect? Yes. Are they always right? No.

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
The staff aren't always right, but there are certain ways to respond to it to make a respectful opinion about why they may be wrong instead of raging.
Ok let me rephrase, about 99% of the time they are. Its their forum and servers, they do whats best for them.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Cyber bullying, I feel, would effect you the most if the person doing so is following you and having access to you at all times of the day.

Being probably one of the most "bullied" at school, and in this community, the bullying that commenced in school and over social media is what had a mental impact on me. The bullying that commenced via skype, teamspeak, forums, etc. I was able to shrug off and move on, as these bullies are not following me throughout the day.

Now, that being said, I'm not a staff member, and light-years from being a Sr. Staff member, so I wouldn't know the stress that would occur while trying to calm down a very high-demanding group of individuals. I would, if I was a staff member, expect a certain amount of flaming that would endue because of kicks, bans, etc.

Not releasing this information to the public is completely understandable, but I don't think all of us will understand your motives before we see exactly what's been happening.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
Please re-read my post, I say they do whats best for the "Forum and Servers" the Forum is basically the community...
Actually, you said they do what's best for "them" which could come over as them as in the staff themselves. I am now going to drop this to prevent a flame war. Please respect that.

Kaken

Tribute
Reaction score
Peace would be if you were neutral to hackers
just like HiveMc is who dont bans them.
The worst thing you could had done and also
actually did was introducing automatic bans for
hackers, spammers and children who think saying dumbs things is fun, just like MineZ autobans everybody. IMO automation of bans is a de-humanization and makes MCSG.in even more crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci