• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty issue, we know

illgetusukka

Tribute
Reaction score
Yea, I finally reached 10,000 bounty legitly. Trying to keep myself restrained from excitement, I notice that when I killed someone I gained 23,000 points. After reloging my points tripled.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
wow.... I only just realised... someone in EU has 258 Million points now..... whoever kills him will get like 3-4 million so its like a circle, who ever kills him gets alot of points, then whoever kills that guy gets alot of points, then whoever kills that guy gets alot of points, and thats what i think has been happening. this is one of the worst things that has happened on MCSG, i dont want to think about it if this happened to wins.
Exactly the problem we're facing. Massive amounts of points can be gained wholly unintentionally, and due to th Deeman glitch, they can keep regenerating even if you attempt to bounty them away. So, just a few people taking advantage of the glitch creates a vicious cycle where completely innocent people end up gaining incredible amounts of points, and with the system being implemented currently, leading to a permaban for those who did not exploit the glitch.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
completely innocent people end up gaining incredible amounts of points, and with the system being implemented currently, leading to a permaban for those who did not exploit the glitch.
Everyone we are banning to protect the system will be unbanned tomorrow. If we actually catch people doing this in-game, those usernames will be recorded and will remain banned. Anyone who has a lot of points that were not caught doing it will be let back in.

I guess in analogy, we are "quarantine" the "people" who are "infected" until we have a "cure" for the "virus". Gosh, I watch way to many zombie movies.

Reaction score
No offence Chad, but the victories aren't FINE I logged in after MCSG V2 and had 0 victories and 200 points, and now when you type /records it says I have 4 that I earnt after MCSG V2 please fix this im not sure if im the only one who had this bug or whtever, please just fix it

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
so shall i just bounty the points i got off killing a guy? i got 16k because he had like 500k. its not a lot of peoples foult they got so much points because they killed people with High bounty.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
As much as this definitely needed to be fixed, I quite enjoyed the havoc of people reaching around 80 million xD

Thanks for the update chad.

Oh, and I should add that I am quite pleased that EVERYTHING didn't reset :p

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Are you going to reset the au servers too?
Because I gained a lot of points today and I really dont want to lose them :p

xgirble

Survivor
Reaction score
I had 58K on the us ones when i had the big amounts I got rid of them quickly doing that glitch is very bad and i got pics of player abusing it. if you want them just message me.
and why did the creative server close >.>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci