• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring back Survival Games Ancient Japan!

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
How did people lag on it? My computer isn't that good and i was always fine on it. This used to be my favorite map and it'd be awesome to have it back,

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I enjoyed the map but I lagged a ton, however, once I get my new computer we're welcome to get it because as long as I'm not lagging, it's fine!
#FreeKillzFourDayzLawlz
I do plan on finishing the revamp

it was made by some members of team variede so they probably will not bring it back since they left for the hive and the maps was on bedrock level so it made a lot of people lag
TeamVareide did not Leave for the Hive.

It was removed due to the fact that it was created by Team Vareide and they left and made the Hive, and that it wasn't played too often and was extremely laggy, but I personally would like to see it back on the servers if we could have it back. Honestly, it was a good map, not very big, and has good amounts of chests.
That is not the reason why it got removed at all, and TeamVareide did not leave nor did TeamVareide make TheHive

the maps was deleted before team vareide left
TeamVareide did not leave, however for all intensive purposes, TeamVareide ceased being associated with MCSG in February, SG Ancient Japan was removed in Arpril (2 months later).

Map is added --> Most of the community dislikes the map --> Map is removed
--> Thread in the forums asking for the map back is made --> Everyone wants the map back.
That is exactly why the map was removed, it wasn't popular enough.

I myself experienced a glitch in which all the blocks became see through and sometimes even crashing my Minecraft due to chunk errors. Which thus makes me think that it would probably be best for the community to leave this map behind us
That's why im remaking the map

All though I'd love to have it back it can cause lag due to the abnormal amount of fence and trapdoors.
I'm removing the majority of fence and trapdoors.

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
I loved this map, the only issue I ever had was that it was too big. The games took a while, and I can recall multiple games where 4+ non-teamed people had full iron. I liked it, and would love to see a revamped version of this map.
EDIT: Whoops I was thinking about Asia Games, my bad. On this map, I do enjoy the builds, and I was also wondering why it was removed.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I hate to tell you, but Team Vareide left MCSG. They only submit their maps to Hive, and they in fact did create SG Ancient Japan. To seal the deal, SG6 and SG7 are on Hive but are not on MCSG.

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hate to tell you, but Team Vareide left MCSG. They only submit their maps to Hive, and they in fact did create SG Ancient Japan. To seal the deal, SG6 and SG7 are on Hive but are not on MCSG.
I'm The TeamVareide Community Manager and longest serving admin of 1 Year 4 months and SG Ancient Japan was not a TeamVareide creation, i should know, its my map, It was a BiscuitFoundation creation.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Sorry, I swear I saw a trailer for SG Ancient Japan and it said by Team Vareide... but I still know that you only submit your maps to Hive.

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, I swear I saw a trailer for SG Ancient Japan and it said by Team Vareide... but I still know that you only submit your maps to Hive.
It has the TeamVareide (TV) logo merely because it was built on that server and for the record, like i said in my reply to your profile message, many TV members still make maps for MCSG including myself.

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
The map shouldn't be brought back in my opinion but other maps should. If no ones noticed, MCSG had a low amount of maps lately. Even with the new maps added, I'm feeling like the only maps played are Valleyside, SG4, and Demon's Breeze. It would be nice for some more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci