• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [FINISHED]

What do you think? Remember...this is in the WIP thread.

• Total voters

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
I love this map!! Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was my favorite books as a child and while I dislike the movie I do like that it appears you are drawing from both sources.

I hope you mean the great peanut butter jelly boats :D
[EDIT]: I think you should make it so that some of the toppings on the pizza stick up, make corn even more interesting and giving it a more 3d and not so flat and fake look to it.
Good suggestions! That's a good idea about the corn ;)

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
So much for working on the map today POKEJOSH
Your fault.
I love this map!! Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was my favorite books as a child and while I dislike the movie I do like that it appears you are drawing from both sources.

I hope you mean the great peanut butter jelly boats :D
[EDIT]: I think you should make it so that some of the toppings on the pizza stick up, make corn even more interesting and giving it a more 3d and not so flat and fake look to it.
I will tell you that the peanut butter and jelly boats aren't not implemented completely yet. ;)

I started messing around with that idea when I first made it, and gave up because it would be hard to make colorful AND have sticky outy thingies, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME THE IDEA AGAIN because I came up with this: instead of building UP, how about DOWN? I think it looks gorgeous.

All I did was remove one layer of snow from each of the snow blocks = Extremely much more interesting and appealing.

I hope you like this tiny detail. I love it. And it does make the rush to the center much more interesting. :D

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
More updates! I've been working a lot on the water filled area, implementing every idea I have so far. Desserted Island will now give you even more of a stomach ache, with marshmallow-toothpick structure and apple pie!

Also on the water near the island and edge of the map, there is...some shrimp? AND SANDWICH BOATS YES THAT'S RIGHT

EDIT: I also added lava to the bottom of the shrimp dish, gotta love hot sauce. SECRET (kinda) UNDER-LAVA CHEST PEOPLE

And a submarine sandwich because how could I not.

Lastly, here is a couple more angles from the residential area in the "food storm."

Let me know what you think! The front page will be getting updated soon with all the minor changes and tweaks that are in the areas already pictured.

Last edited:

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
CAN YOU MAKE A GIANT CELERY STICK JUST FOR ME????
i crie ef u don due it m8y

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
What will ya make for me? :p
Edit: Can you put a download link up? I really want to look at this, finished or not.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
What will ya make for me? :p
Edit: Can you put a download link up? I really want to look at this, finished or not.
A TON of work is planned for today, I would say...expect a download link sometime in the near future. ;) Most redstone will not be completed until the end, because I don't want to rework anything that was accidentally broken from editing. I'm actually planning on finishing all terrain and large structures today. From there, we will have minor builds, detailing, fun, redstone, and the finishing touches. We are getting close!!! :D Thank you all so much for the support, it really has motivated us as a team, and especially me because I have the most time to work.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
A TON of work is planned for today, I would say...expect a download link sometime in the near future. ;) Most redstone will not be completed until the end, because I don't want to rework anything that was accidentally broken from editing. I'm actually planning on finishing all terrain and large structures today. From there, we will have minor builds, detailing, fun, redstone, and the finishing touches. We are getting close!!! :D Thank you all so much for the support, it really has motivated us as a team, and especially me because I have the most time to work.
A map like this deserves all the support in the world. ;)

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
This map looks AMAZING. Hope it gets accepted. :D

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Not sure if this would be good for MCSG, but not bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci