• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Boosting Reset Wins Punishment?

Should player's found guilty of boosting have their stats reset?

• Total voters

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
I agree when there is a team and they just keep letting that 1 person win they should have there stats reset but when there is say a 2 team and they take turns winning I don't even consider that boosting I feel like this should be allowed due to the better player always being able to win the 1v1. Im sure allot of people won't agree with me but meh :p
A team of two taking turns winning is not considered boosting. There is a very clear difference between boosting and simple, every day teaming. There's no reason to worry about that. :p

You can plainly see he is boosting just by looking at his recent games; see that guy named Absent? He has been in quite a few of his recent games, and actually has no wins at all. I suppose you could argue 'Charms' is just better than him, but I'm sure he wouldn't win all the fights he has, with all the teams and other individuals he's been playing with. He clearly doesn't win every game because he's lost a decent amount, but not enough to lead me to believe all his wins are really legit. xD

EDIT: Zach's probably proved it much better than me because you can see the pictures in his post. :p
Let's not talk about this here. If you'd like to report someone for breaking the rules, feel free to make a report abuse.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you do implement a rule like this...

What MCGamer doesn't need is the resurgence of "questionable bans" (The Era of BSM bans... Anyone remember that? XD )

Make sure you have a clear definition of what "Boosting" is and what "Clear and Proper" evidence for this is.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I had someone suggest to me that, when someone gets caught for win boosting, only their wins get reset.
That means that they could have played 1000 boosted games with 1000 boosted wins, but after being caught, they'd be 0/1000.
The justice in that idea is nearly poetic.

Thought you would all get a kick out of that.

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
I had someone suggest to me that, when someone gets caught for win boosting, only their wins get reset.
That means that they could have played 1000 boosted games with 1000 boosted wins, but after being caught, they'd be 0/1000.

I would say that sounds fair.

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
Of course you think so. You were the one who suggested it to us. ;)
Also suggested on this thread:

I don't think they should get their stats reset, only their wins. People would just start boosting to get a stat reset, then boost even more to get a good ratio. They should reset their wins and keep games played, so it's still a punishment

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let's not talk about this here. If you'd like to report someone for breaking the rules, feel free to make a report abuse.
The problem is that Chad himself is sympathising with Gold/charms and saying that people who call him out are just jealous. There is literally no chance of him getting banned in that case if people don't actually speak out in public.

Also, to anyone saying he's not boosting, the evidence is right there. Open your eyes.

N

Nikola

The problem is that Chad himself is sympathising with Gold/charms and saying that people who call him out are just jealous. There is literally no chance of him getting banned in that case if people don't actually speak out in public.

Also, to anyone saying he's not boosting, the evidence is right there. Open your eyes.
Chad says he's not getting banned = Gold boosts even more.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score

Where did Chad say it? Twitter? Link? Just want to know..

So, is this something that can be implemented in the future? I take it, it would have to be brought up in a meeting and discussed, but this is something that could actually happen right?
I'm talking about the wins reset, or stats reset punishments.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that Chad himself is sympathising with Gold/charms and saying that people who call him out are just jealous.
I have a hard time believing that, especially since Chad hasn't said anything to us about any players recently. Chad doesn't step into in-game matters unless he has to, and reviewing evidence for win boosters is a moderator's job, not his. Simply put, such matters are not worth his time nor attention when there is a dedicated team of staff who's job is to look into it instead.

But please, if Chad did say something publicly, please post it here so that we may look into it.
So, is this something that can be implemented in the future? I take it, it would have to be brought up in a meeting and discussed, but this is something that could actually happen right?
You know the drill for policy decisions like this. We'd need to take it to the Devs to get the reset functionality added to the panel, then we'd need a Sr. Staff meeting to approve its usage; it can also work with the steps flipped as well.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Where did Chad say it? Twitter? Link? Just want to know..

I have a hard time believing that, especially since Chad hasn't said anything to us about any players recently. Chad doesn't step into in-game matters unless he has to, and reviewing evidence for win boosters is a moderator's job, not his. Simply put, such matters are not worth his time nor attention when there is a dedicated team of staff who's job is to look into it instead.

But please, if Chad did say something publicly, please post it here so that we may look into it.

You know the drill for policy decisions like this. We'd need to take it to the Devs to get the reset functionality added to the panel, then we'd need a Sr. Staff meeting to approve its usage; it can also work with the steps flipped as well.
https://twitter.com/ChadTheDJ/status/584776717966782464

edit: Goldellipse's twitter account apparently just got suspended so it doesn't show the original tweet. If I remember correctly it was something like:

"Shame that people accuse anyone near the #1 spot of hacking and boosting. So much drama over a block game."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci