• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters
K

KiDD

If this was implemented on a special set of servers; these servers having the sole purpose of no teaming, then it would not be a bad idea at all. It would be difficult to moderate these servers at a given time, but there could be "extremities" (the Steve with username masking for example) that would make it near impossible to team. Overall it's a great idea, and would make game play a lot better for those who wanted to play that way. I can say we're getting somewhere..

Last edited by a moderator:

Erenjaegar1203

Survivor
Reaction score
I absolutely love it. I think the punishment should be banned for 2.5 days if mods or a plugin catches you teaming, of course I don't know how it would be a plugin but just putting a alternative out there.

TouchDeath1

Survivor
Reaction score
If this goes in the right way, McGamer will suceed. But how will they handle hackers?

TheCakeMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Me myself would like the idea of ffa servers, but having them in the same section of the SG hall would be a bit difficult, maybe have 2 different halls for normal sg and ffa sg. But then theres another part of me where I would not like to have ffa servers, true that it may make people less mad and depressed, but we could never really control it, and getting banned for teaming seems like a stupid idea, so that may be a flaw.
I would really have to agree with meatalclaw here.
Teaming has been around since the dawn of mcsg, it wouldn't feel right at all to have ffa servers in the same hall as normal sg.
If this falls through there needs to be a seperate hall for ffa
Plus it has to be 2 leaderboards. The leaderboards cannot be mixed.

I don't really like the whole Idea in general but if it gets implemented, these need to be some of the requirements.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Even though I agree with the idea, and the conditions that come with it, it has its flaws.

Firstly, as people have stated, it would be extremely hard to moderate. Determining whether or not certain players are teamed can be a difficult process, and if there was to be a punishment in place, many false bans would be put in place, resulting in angry players, more ban disputes and frustrated staff. Furthermore, for non-english speaking people who enter the game, unbeknownst to the fact it is FFA and that it is a bannable offence to team would be issued with an unfair ban, resulting in confusion and even more work for staff.

Secondly... As much as teaming is upsetting and unfair, deal with it c: I actually enjoy the challenge of teams (when I beat them) because I get to exercise smart and defensive tactics that might not necessarily be required for a standard 1v1. Additionally, teaming is fun! I would have left this server a LONG time ago if it did not give me the opportunity to play alongside a friend. I've made lifelong friends through teaming, and know that many have done the same. I wouldn't want to encourage a game more which prevented the development of friendships :)

I understand that people are enraged by teaming, and I fully understand. Being killed by a team is something I loathe, but I have '2v1'ed people in the past, so can't be hypocritical :p. I think that we need to reconnect with the idea of hunger games and envision ourself in the game. Would you want to fight for your life in a world where you were on your own?

Sorry for typos etc, on my phone on the bus c;

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
I don't support this idea. I'll probably give my reasoning when I get on my laptop in a few hours.

KyleD

Career
Reaction score
As long as there would be a set number of regular servers, I think it'd be great!

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Regarding what people are saying about 100+ servers being the ones non donors usually go to if they want to play and sometimes team how about this idea :

Every even server is a FFA server whereas odd servers are normal.

For example any server ending in 0,2,4,6,8 are FFA and those ending in 1,3,5,7,9 are normal servers.

Itz_DanyBoi

Platinum
Reaction score
Definitely something to look into, I think this would be great for MCGamer, but it will be very difficult to Moderate and make sure the rules are being followed.

PrimalAU

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't see the point, mods have a hard enough job on moderating the servers but I do like the idea.
It does get annoying when the top players that know how to use rod ,fns and are able stafe as well. I just take out teams by using fns and killing them 1 by 1.
2 teams are good, but 3+ is rly annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci