• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters
S

Sepyz

Just to re-iterate, new leaderboards would be necessary in this case.
A good player could easily obtain an abnormal ratio by simply playing FFA.
We would see people with as many wins as Gravey4rd having a 9/10 ratio.

the_problem18

Diamond
Reaction score
I like this idea a lot. If you can find a way where only staff can see the person's real ign, then this will be a huge plus that the MCgamer network has.

Reaction score
this is gunna be kinda stupid and will stop teaming massively because people team cuse they want to help each other win. if you put them at a disadvantage i.e.. against larger or other teams they have a less chance therefore won't bother or will go onto the ffa server and just do it there. i understand people playing solo find it frustrating but i think it would tare the community apart and the ones who don't look at the forums will come here and start to post frantic threads of why they are annoyed, swell as this clans would rather like people who can fight teams and traverse the troubles of teams cuse if your 1v3ing the other clan you gotta take out the teams as well. all in all i would disagree with this post because it would make so many arguments if it did go through. i myself am not bothered but i think others would be.

Devon

Survivor
Reaction score
It would be a tad bit difficult to moderate, but that would be a challenge we would cross once we actually look into this more.
Chad what if the moderator's could see people's real name and the regulars cannot.

Devon

Survivor
Reaction score
Also what I think could be done is that 1-100 is non-teaming 100-200 is teaming and anybody can join that, even if you are not teamed.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Its completely okay whatever you say, you have your own opinion and I have my own. I voted no, you voted yes.
You may be asking yourself why I did voted no.
Here is why.

- Making a ffa servers would bring up even more rule breakers that would team in a non-team game making staffs do more work instead of dealing with out real problem hackers.
- Hackers would still hack on ffa server making people rage again. (The game will always have rule breakers and we can't do anything as of right now except getting more mods and banning them all the time. People would still rage on hackers that would be in ffa servers anyway.)
- I play to have fun not to get wins or rage because I got teamed, people team to have fun with each others. (Some people play serious, and I would suggest them to relax and play to have fun and enjoy this awesome game.)
- Teaming is a strategy in my opinion, and it has it owns ups and downs. (There is only 1 winner and you can't trust anyone.)
- Never look in the way you died, look in the way you played. If you play solo you have way more skills than most of the people on the servers, making you a good player.

I personally like to team with my friends, its the way I enjoy playing rather than getting a mad because I lost.
lol very rarely will people betray their friends they are teaming with in a skype or teamspeak channel.
Some people enjoy playing solo. It's not about winning or losing, but its the fact that they want to be able to win without the use of a team.

You may be having fun teaming in the games you play, but think about the people who are playing solo that you are ruining their game. I agree you shouldn't really rage, but we all do at times. It's a game, its competetitive, so there will be raging in all games lol.

Why do people complain about teaming? Like, if you're good enough, kill the team. Don't complain about it whenever you see one. That, or get some friends.
Lol some people just aren't good enough, what about those people? xD. And its not about having a lack of friends for people, some people just like to win without using a team :p. Makes you feel good knowing you can beat a good player without having to team on them everytime.

And heck, this thread isn't really about raging about teams, its about giving you an option to play solo when you want to. Teams are here, and they are here to stay, but some people would just like to play a game where it's legit a FFA.

UnitTurk

Diamond
Reaction score
I think making a server for teams and one for solos would kinda take aways the fun of the game because it has to be challenging if it's not and you're really good at the game it's just going to be so easy to win so I suggest leaving it like how it's now. Thanks Chad for at least caring about the community though :)

UnitTurk

Diamond
Reaction score
Why do people complain about teaming? Like, if you're good enough, kill the team. Don't complain about it whenever you see one. That, or get some friends.
Exactly that's my thought too, if you make another server just for teams it'll take away the challenging part of SG and if you're good enough you should be able to at least take out a two team easily.

Reaction score
another idea might be to incorporate a /helpop system, in which

• if you see a person you might think is two+ teaming, you do /helpop [names, server, any other info]
  • mods/admins/staff will get that message, and if aren't busy, will go to that server, in which they can simply 'boot' them, or any punishment
(of course any abuse with this command can simply be punishable also)

i'm not sure if anyone else suggested that, i'm too lazy to scroll through every comment ;)

but personally, I would like to see the system implemented, as being in AU, there's basically three teams in every round.
and it's really annoying listening to hypocrites who hate teams so much, yet they team themselves (lol, i'm one of them)
Or.... You can just download TS and poke a mod there.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci