• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All they want is money. Lol.
Sure. Any company wants money. But if they're making money then they put more effort to ensure that that continues to be the case and you get continued enjoyment and new things. They wouldn't spend the amount of time they do if all they wanted was a cash grab.

bob1125

Platinum
Reaction score
I dont want this to happen, as I worked really hard to get 1000 wins, it was my dream on mcsg to get 1000, then to have it reset? Quite frankly I would probably just quit.

Acemaster8

Tribute
Reaction score
I voted yes because ive wanted to have my stats reset and i dont have the time and money to buy a stats reset xD

Sage9597

Platinum
Reaction score
People are gonna say they will quit if the reset happens, but honestly only 5% at most will leave.

AdriGoku99

Experienced
Reaction score
My stats isn't bad but I want the global leaderboards reset! This will be funnier to people who want to get a higher rank on the leaderboards :p
So, I voted Yes!

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I dont want this to happen, as I worked really hard to get 1000 wins, it was my dream on mcsg to get 1000, then to have it reset? Quite frankly I would probably just quit.
Your 1000 wins will still be present on the Legacy Leaderboards (assuming this proposition goes through).
I would prefer to keep the leaderboard how it is, but implement daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards, too.
I'm pretty sure that he implied in the thread that it wouldn't be possible to do both...

I voted yes to this.

This community is old. It's feeding off of the last remains of when it was actually popular. Stuff is outdated, gameplay is repetitive, and generally it's progression is slowly becoming static. I feel as if this statistics reset would freshen and rejuvenate the community and the same itself, encouraging people to fight for the top of the leaderboards and giving them a chance to claim the throne. Also, people that haven't played in months are still present on the first leaderboards page, which is an issue.

Most people are complaining about the fact that they worked so hard for their wins and now they're going to be ditched and lost forever and nobody will remember them. Col clearly mentioned in the thread that they will be preserved, and to be honest, it eventually gets extremely boring seeing the same people at the top of the leaderboards.

What I would like to see:
On the new statistics page (if this proposition goes through), there should be a section that mentions how many wins you got from the previous leaderboards, another way of not completely throwing away the leaderboards we have now.

Yearly Statistics Resets would also be something I would like to see. People get waaaaaay too attached to the leaderbords, and I feel as if one year is plenty of time for one leaderboard to exist.

People are so scared of change, just embrace it c:

trevinator2011

Tribute
Reaction score
I voted keep the leaderboards the same but maybe fix SGC's leaderboards they aren't refreshing. ;(

jarry101

Platinum
Reaction score
then whats the point of this poll?
to get me even more mad that i have to earn my 800 and almost 900 wins again honestly all that time on mcsg will be nothing i might as well quit mcsg it has no meaning to me if this is gonna happen i guess about half my day goes into mcsg

Last edited by a moderator:

Phippsey3

Platinum
Reaction score
I've spent 3 weeks of my life playing this game

if it does happen can it be in the next few weeks coz i get 12 weeks holidays <3 xP

jarry101

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally thinks it's a win win. Pretty smart thinking. :D
too bad its not gravey4rd worked hard to get where he is he probablt spent like a year playing mcsg when he could've been looking for a really good paying job soooo.....

A reset is a super exciting concept that really could be really cool to have. It would bring a lot of players back, excited to bring themselves to the top. To see the top players change around and that being in the top 1000 (at least in the beginning) will be an achievable goal. However, people that know what they are doing will accumulate a lot of wins really fast. How long will it take before a player gets back to the top? And who would get their fastest??

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but players that bought stat resets could be frustrated if everyone else's stats got reset for free.

Overall I am excited for this, though I probably won't be able to enjoy the rush of getting wins if and when it happens.
you know people with good stats care about have wasted their time on mcsg 1 year of my life has gone into this....

Good opportunity!
for people in the top 100's to qiut because they wasted their own time on mcsg

I vote yes - my only problem is my concern for those who purchased stat resets. It renders their purchase pointless.
has it ever concerned you that people have wasted time and effort on mcsg? 1 whole year for example

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci