• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Mobs or no Mobs?

Mobs or No Mobs? (Please be sure to specify your opinions below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrilliantMaster

Spectator
Reaction score
So we are getting asked a lot about mobs as the "official" game play is without mobs so you can vs just other players. Our reasons with our servers it adds a huge aspect of survival on top of the hardness of the survival game play. Personally, my opinions would be to keep mobs but I want to hear your opinions. Should we removed mobs or keep them in?
I personally think that it depends on what kind of game you are having. If you don't want mobs I think the environment should be more dangerous and less items should be available to the player. Also without mobs there will be more competition between the player I guess it would also be interesting to see how each player fairs on their own. All in all I would personally prefer to play a game between the players more so than the environment which could really spice things up a bit as people get more competitive.

Mastertj

Tribute
Reaction score
The mobs add a new way to play. Cause if you're low on health you need to maneuver your way around the mobs but also means it can sometimes lead you to players. The zombies are great for food if it's night and your food is low. In the same sense that's it's bad. This reason why is because you will die a lot faster and it will make it harder to survive but that's why it's called "Survival Games" Not the "No mob games!" I am un-decided get back to me on that one -Tj :)

Jaller235

Spectator
Reaction score
This is supposed to be based on the Hunger Games, and there was nothing like mobs in the Hunger Games. However, perhaps in some parts there could be spawners in the trees, to simulate tracker-jacker nests, or some such things, or maybe timed mass mob spawns, to simulate the times when the Capitol caused things to happen in the world to make things more interesting. My vote is no mobs, but possibly mob traps/timed mob spawns.

EDIT: Or maybe turn creepers, skeletons, endermen off, and replace spiders with cave spiders.

draw66

Spectator
Reaction score
I think you should make a couple of the servers have no mobs just to test it out and see how everyone likes it.

Semz

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that you should keep mobs but if you can lessen the amount of them.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
it wouldn't be Minecraft without the mobs, so please don't listen to those who prefer to play survival-single-player on Peaceful ^_^

cahillcorey

Tribute
Reaction score
I would say no since you cant concentrate on actual players if you keep getting chased my skeletons or creepers. A way to spawn them instead would be nice. I dont like them spawning where you dont want them to spawn at. Maybe when spawning them, they could be spawn around the edge of the map and around the center. They could then move into the city or forest.

cahillcorey

Tribute
Reaction score
That would be fair. Have half with peaceful settings and half normal settings. People can choose which to play.

xhawaii808

Spectator
Reaction score
I say keep mobs its just one more aspect you have to worry about it adds more of a challenge.

LemonBro3

Tribute
Reaction score
I say keep them. They really do add a challenge to the game, especially if there are only 3-5 people left.

Suggestion: Make mob spawning rates lower when their are a higher amount of tributes, and higher when their is lower tributes.

I say do this because it is annoying when the game is dragged on and none of the tributes are doing anything but trying to find more chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci