• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Mobs or no Mobs?

Mobs or No Mobs? (Please be sure to specify your opinions below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guggex8

Career
Reaction score
Yes you can..... I got it many times
ohh.. I didn't know they un-nerfed map1... so now you can get ironstuff in chests again.. gonna be a lot harder to survive the beginning again.. :D more fun!

anthony c

Spectator
Reaction score
keep the mobs. what the heck is SURVIVAL for then... the mobs give you supplies and about half of your opponents die because of them:)

BHLxLiam

Survivor
Reaction score
mobs because you can enchant your levels and it adds danger like going to the boat house ! its a risk

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
I am entirely in favor of keeping mobs, both the peaceful and the hostile ones.

Peaceful mobs are especially handy in map 1 where you tend to need to run a lot more, and so they provide that food without having to go for chests in areas where other players might be. Peaceful mobs don't appear a whole lot - actually, I don't really recall seeing any - in map 2, but if they are there they can still be helpful.

Hostile mobs should stay simply because they reinforce the name of the game: Survival Games. Maybe the Hunger Games didn't have zombies or skeletons, but this is completely different. The mobs reinforce that players are supposed to survive as best they can. Spiders and creepers can help weed out players who maybe aren't alert enough or good enough to take on other players (thus not lowering their score), in addition to adding a bit more of a challenge for the better players.

Overall, I say keep them, especially with map 1. Map 1 doesn't have a whole lot of natural threats aside from some occasional falling points/lava holes, and so the hostile mobs help weed out the weaker players. Keeping them in helps makes games run faster and keeps an additional level of variety in the game.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like all mobs, they should definitely stay.

The killer mobs add an aspect to the Survival Games which NEEDS to stay. If there were no mobs, there would be nothing to keep you away from the darker places in the map and no reason not to wander around some more at night time. They are also what I call "muttations" instead of evil crazy strong things, just many evil things that you can kill quite easily (most of the time).
They are also a useful source for supplies (skeletons for bones and arrows, zombies for rotten flesh and spiders for string. Maybe even endermen for enderpearls). Some people that don't get food survive off rotten flesh they found on the map.

The mobs that aren't aggressive are a good food source to use during the day. If you are low on food, you can just go find some animal to eat. It also gives another use for saplings and sticks, so that you can cook food (which I find helps a lot).

tw1nkle

Spectator
Reaction score
is there a way to make mobs dumber? Skeletons have perfect aim, spiders are pretty fast at times, and creepers are plain annoying. especially in the first map.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to eliminate mobs.
Without mobs, the games wouldn't end as early, as campers would never be threatened at all. Also, on map 1, without mobs, the pirate ship would be the second cornucopia. It would be a bother to every player if it was just as simple as waltzing in. People complain about creepers and skeletons, but if you don't want them, just play single player on peaceful.
Please keep the mobs.

Dalton Killorn

Spectator
Reaction score
I personally think that mobs add a huge aspect to the game, but at the same time they can be really annoying. i think to compensate for this you could make it so more pumpkins spawned in chests (because mobs will ignore you).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci