• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydude_212

Spectator
Reaction score
To be quite honest I think it lowers my Platinum rank .
One of the main reasons I bought this rank so my vote would power over the others and frankly it does not feel like that.
I would also like to add the common player wouldn't disagree because they have mainly got the ip from a friend and doesn't want to sign up to the site.
Also the players for this system to be removed have already been informed that it is going to be removed so they would not bother to look here.
I would also like to point out the the common player would not have enough time to do this.

Now on to in game.
Everyone has a map they would rather pick.
Say if 16 people voted for lobby games and 7 for demons breeze then if lobby games doesn't win the lobby games fans will be upset.
There would be a reason why you voted for a map and both lobby games and demons breeze are adore or despise maps so is wouldn't go down well.
Also back onto the fact that both sides of people will end up upset if their chosen map didn't win. So someone is always going to be unhappy with this system and example is if a map has low voted and another one has high votes here is an example because I can't really explain this
(If the map did not win)
This guy voted for the high voted map : This voting is bad this map won fair and square now I have to play some map that is awful we won fair and square I do not like this one but

This guy who voted for the lower voted map : WOW the new voting system never plays in my favour it is useless and doesn't even work!

Now I understand it sounds good on paper but poisonous water sounded good to me when I heard it then in game it was horrible.

I would also like to leave you with this idea: so to decrease double teams winning because they camp in water if it was possible you could possibly let them stay in for a timed amount lets say you are allowed 20 seconds in the water and when the time is up you start losing health. I know this may be a difficult task but trust me if possible it would attract tons of players.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I bought this rank so my vote would power over the others and frankly it does not feel like that.
I would also like to add the common player wouldn't disagree because they have mainly got the ip from a friend and doesn't want to sign up to the site.
Also the players for this system to be removed have already been informed that it is going to be removed so they would not bother to look here.
I would also like to point out the the common player would not have enough time to do this.

Now on to in game.
Say if 16 people voted for lobby games and 7 for demons breeze then if lobby games doesn't win the lobby games fans will be upset.
There would be a reason why you voted for a map and both lobby games and demons breeze are adore or despise maps so is wouldn't go down well.
Also back onto the fact that both sides of people will end up upset if their chosen map didn't win. So someone is always going to be unhappy with this system and example is if a map has low voted and another one has high votes here is an example because I can't really explain this
(If the map did not win)
This guy voted for the high voted map : This voting is bad this map won fair and square now I have to play some map that is awful we won fair and square I do not like this one but

This guy who voted for the lower voted map : WOW the new voting system never plays in my favour it is useless and doesn't even work!

Now I understand it sounds good on paper but poisonous water sounded good to me when I heard it then in game it was horrible.

I would also like to leave you with this idea: so to decrease double teams winning because they camp in water if it was possible you could possibly let them stay in for a timed amount lets say you are allowed 20 seconds in the water and when the time is up you start losing health. I know this may be a difficult task but trust me if possible it would attract tons of players.
If water hurt you after 20 seconds, I might legitimately quit playing. How are you supposed to even get around on maps with water then? What if you need to pursue someone?

And you said that some people will always be unhappy. That will be the case no matter what the voting system is, so I don't find it to be a good reason.

I still personally feel that having multiple votes gives me a decent impact on the map turnout, but still is fair to non-donors voting.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score

Now on to in game.
(If the map did not win)

Personally I think this empowers donors, with their 5 votes counting as percentage they have a much larger say. Before, if you wanted to vote for a unvoted map, you'd still probably lose. But with the percentages, you actually give a much larger say in the way the voting goes.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
If water hurt you after 20 seconds, I might legitimately quit playing. How are you supposed to even get around on maps with water then? What if you need to pursue someone?

And you said that some people will always be unhappy. That will be the case no matter what the voting system is, so I don't find it to be a good reason.

I still personally feel that having multiple votes gives me a decent impact on the map turnout, but still is fair to non-donors voting.
I think RC hit this right on the head with a spot on answer (as per usual). Crazydude_212 the water thing won't happen in my opinion. For me water is an escape from teams, you can fishing rod away, of fly off in your space boat. I can also get the image of someone fishing rod a person to keep him in the water where he would die from the damage.

Randy_Nub

Experienced
Reaction score
Okay i know the new system of voting helps lower maps get played, but the problem is that 95% of the players of MCSG dont want those maps to be played. the server is meant for people to enjoy there time as much as possible this attracts players and brings in donership so voting maps like, Valleyside, SG4, Moonbase and so on makes people want to play. i know these maps may be oberplayed but if that what the majority like then keep it that way because they are enjoying themselves. The old system picks what the majority of players want the new system alot of the times picks what the minority want. Either way in my opinion i donr care too much what happnens to the voting system, but if i had a choice i would pick the old system as there was never any complaints with that system, people get the map they wanted most of the time. but business wise its a good idea to keep the old system as non-doners will buy doner for those vital extra votes. and if they buy doner that means MCSG can improve and that chad gets a little bit of pocket monaaaaay xD (Just kidding)

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay i know the new system of voting helps lower maps get played, but the problem is that 95% of the players of MCSG dont want those maps to be played. the server is meant for people to enjoy there time as much as possible this attracts players and brings in donership so voting maps like, Valleyside, SG4, Moonbase and so on makes people want to play. i know these maps may be oberplayed but if that what the majority like then keep it that way because they are enjoying themselves. The old system picks what the majority of players want the new system alot of the times picks what the minority want. Either way in my opinion i donr care too much what happnens to the voting system, but if i had a choice i would pick the old system as there was never any complaints with that system, people get the map they wanted most of the time. but business wise its a good idea to keep the old system as non-doners will buy doner for those vital extra votes. and if they buy doner that means MCSG can improve and that chad gets a little bit of pocket monaaaaay xD (Just kidding)
I have to say I disagree with you. I think my 5 donor votes are much more useful now. When there's a map I want, I can give it around a +25% chance to win, even if no one else votes for it.
And while it's true that most people don't want certain maps to be played (*cough* Fallen Colossi *cough*) anyone who plays for any long amount of time will get tired of playing the same few maps all the time. SG4, Valleyside, Breeze, these maps are great, but MCSG needs variety to stay interesting.
You also said that the old system had no complaints; that's not true. Many people (myself included) were annoyed that the same few maps won every time. Also, people complained less because, at the time, there was no alternative.
The raffle system gives underplayed maps a chance and, in my opinion, makes donor more valuable. It also makes MCSG stand out from other servers.

TL;DR Keep raffle voting. It's better than the old system and increases donation.

Randy_Nub

Experienced
Reaction score
I have to say I disagree with you. I think my 5 donor votes are much more useful now. When there's a map I want, I can give it around a +25% chance to win, even if no one else votes for it.
And while it's true that most people don't want certain maps to be played (*cough* Fallen Colossi *cough*) anyone who plays for any long amount of time will get tired of playing the same few maps all the time. SG4, Valleyside, Breeze, these maps are great, but MCSG needs variety to stay interesting.
You also said that the old system had no complaints; that's not true. Many people (myself included) were annoyed that the same few maps won every time. Also, people complained less because, at the time, there was no alternative.
The raffle system gives underplayed maps a chance and, in my opinion, makes donor more valuable. It also makes MCSG stand out from other servers.

TL;DR Keep raffle voting. It's better than the old system and increases donation.
Yeah true, but i like playing the same 8 maps i usually play. i don't like big maps that take ages. because i like my games to be action packed so when i wait a whole lobby for a map i want and then a map with 10% gets picked its quite annoying. but that my opinion, but yeah you do have a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci