• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I think it should either stay/be changed. One thing I just though of that could possibly improve it was if a certain amount of votes, let's say 20, should guarantee that the map will win. I love it but I HATE when SG3 wins over SG2 or Holiday Resort. Or maybe make some specific servers where the voting system is there and certain where there are not. For example, the first 100 servers on US will have it and the other half will not. I don't know if it's a good idea, but I think it is worth a try. :)

iiTeChToNiiC

Spectator
Reaction score
It would be great to have raffle voting, but every time I'm in a lobby nearly the entire lobby votes for one map and 1 person votes for a map that they don't even want to play just for a laugh then they leave, if you can somehow change the system so that only maps with 50% chance or 30% and above can win it would be allot better. That way if it is a close vote there is 3 maps in the raffle

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the random probability voting since it means that MCG can no longer take away maps for being "underplayed." Well...it invalidates that particular excuse anyways.

*screams in Dave's ear* "Don't you DARE remove Fortune Island yet! I know you said you were going to, but NOO!!!"

*stands in front of the bulldozers with a sign reading "Fortune favors the bold." *

NikeIsBeastMode

Spectator
Reaction score
I liked the old voting system o_O If you want to keep this system i suggest taking out the horrible maps (These are not in my opinion these are in the past months that people hated) for example Vida Cova, Rugged Lands etc. I dont really like the new system but if you remove the bad maps, You'll probably gain more people on the server and we'll enjoy "MCSG" :p <3 Thanks for reading this!

Lis

Career
Reaction score
Improvement idea: Maybe when people leave the servers that are in lobby, remove their votes? That is something we been wanting to do recently and we can rush that change in sooner.

Cant really fix the issue after the map gets fixed unless in pregame we set up some kind of "second chance voting". Hmm.
I really like this idea.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I liked the old voting system o_O If you want to keep this system i suggest taking out the horrible maps (These are not in my opinion these are in the past months that people hated) for example Vida Cova, Rugged Lands etc. I dont really like the new system but if you remove the bad maps, You'll probably gain more people on the server and we'll enjoy "MCSG" :p <3 Thanks for reading this!
What you'd consider horrible, others might consider fun to play. Case and point, aside from the massively overpowered secrets, I rather liked Vida Cova thank you very much. I also liked Kharmunrah (you're welcome Joshkey ). Don't be dissin' on my mayp-mayps; 'tis cray-cray. -,-

P

PeriLH_

Seems like a very hard decision because the votes to remove or keep it are very close. Either way, the gameplay is still the same and that's all I care about. :D

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think that a map should have to have 5 votes at the least. This stops the time where one person votes for one map that the lobby clearly does not like but gets played. Also, this promotes the fact that if you donate, you get the chance to play a map you want.

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally don't get people on mcsg. When I first started around a year ago I loved breeze island for a few months. Then I got sick of it. Don't you people like mixing it up or just seing sg4 and looking at nothing else. Great idea chad :)

ferrouscarp29

Platinum
Reaction score
Like a voting cap? Anything under 10% will be ignored? Hmm, I think we have some ideas to try.
That would be a good idea, as well as when you leave, your votes will be diminished. Great ideas. A suggestion, when you vote, there needs to be a point where a vote has gone so high (95-100%) So that if a high ranked member joins the lobby, the votes aren't moved so much if that person votes a different map. This applies with the current voting system.

iiTeChToNiiC

Spectator
Reaction score
I personally don't get people on mcsg. When I first started around a year ago I loved breeze island for a few months. Then I got sick of it. Don't you people like mixing it up or just seing sg4 and looking at nothing else. Great idea chad :)
Breeze is still good, the reduction of tier 2's made it a pain to play.., considering if you have 1 pieces of iron armour and an iron sword it makes you un-killable and 80% of the time you get food from the tier 2's that are in the map, personally if they put the tier 2's back in it would make for a more enjoyable playing experience as it use to be. that is also why people don't enjoy the raffle system because the maps that get voted in have a low amount of tier 2's making it less enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci