• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
This made absolutely no sense at all and then you start talking about that it's a free contry? Just get off this thread if you're accusing someone of being uneducated..... This thread is for public opinion in which YOU shouldn't question.
I was in no way implying you were uneducated, but if you failed to understand the meaning of my post I'm rather uncertain...
jokes aside, I was mentioning a 'free country' because that is an excuse many people make to say whatever they want without paying attention to anyone else. This thread is for public opinion but it is also for debate as mentioned in Chad's thread post.
So, time to start a debate that is both positive and negative on Raffle Voting and give your opinions why we should keep, remove, or change it! Please take the time to write out your reasons as saying "it sucks" or "it rules" doesn't help this debate.
If you disagree with someone's opinion and think that you might be able to convince them of your side by providing points they may not have considered, why the heck not?!
[EDIT]:
Sorry bout the double post but you don't know what you're talking about. You just joined the forums which I can see because you only have 11 messages..
Also you're contradicting yourself because that other guy just told me to stop repeating things which YOU just did
Though this wasn't directed at me I still would like to reply. Firstly, he in no way repeated himself. Second, how was him being new to the forums relevant at all? Third, he meant that the points you brought out were posted many times before, and were provided with rebuttals. I assume he wanted you to actually bring something new to the argument.

OwenzKillz

Platinum
Reaction score
I was in no way implying you were uneducated, but if you failed to understand the meaning of my post I'm rather uncertain...
jokes aside, I was mentioning a 'free country' because that is an excuse many people make to say whatever they want without paying attention to anyone else. This thread is for public opinion but it is also for debate as mentioned in Chad's thread post.

If you disagree with someone's opinion and think that you might be able to convince them of your side by providing points they may not have considered, why the heck not?!
Did you really have to quote the first post that I made which had to start this? You're head couldn't just pass by it? Did you feel the need to reprimand me and correct me? You just couldn't stop yourself coul you? Look, you aren't the forum police lets just stop this before we both get in trouble

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you really have to quote the first post that I made which had to start this? You're head couldn't just pass by it? Did you feel the need to reprimand me and correct me? You just couldn't stop yourself coul you? Look, you aren't the forum police
I, KorStonesword, formally apologize for attempting innocent debate and trying to give valid points. Happy?

thejambd

Platinum
Reaction score
ahaha I am sorry to anyone who I unsulted by saying Fortress Pyke is a bad map ;3

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
I think the raffle voting should stay, that way if someone likes a map, and they don't have donor or anything, and no one else voted for the map, it still has a chance :)

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel it's impossible to perfect the system as long as there are maps people love more than others, which there always will be.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like it, it add variety, and although it can be annoying when like one person votes for sg1 and it gets picked but i think i keeps it interesting and gives underplayed maps a chance.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I don't think that a lot of the maps on MCGamer are bad. However, there is a clear bias toward maps that are PvP orientated. Some of the maps are older; they were made back when maps had an emphasis on survival, where you might actually take a fair bit of damage from hunger or fall damage before you were killed by another player. They're different than the more recent Red Forest maps where PvP is almost encouraged by the design of the map itself.

Fortress Pike isn't a bad map; people hate it because they don't have a route and most of the chests aren't blatantly out in the open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci