• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
Well on the flipside, I don't feel bad about going to church at all, it's not even a burden. I feel bad for people that are nonreligious, because I feel that it's like there's something missing in their life, even if they don't realize it. There actually is evidence of Jesus existing and being crucified, it's in Roman records. I'm not really one of the people that takes religion from their parents. I truly do think the way I do.
The romans had no records of ever crucifying anyone named Jesus. I do believe there's a stronger substance out there, controlling the earth or universe, just like a heart does to a body. I feel that nothing is missing from my life.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The romans had no records of ever crucifying anyone named Jesus. I do believe there's a stronger substance out there, controlling the earth or universe, just like a heart does to a body. I feel that nothing is missing from my life.
They did, I learned that in school. And as I said, "even if they don't realize it."

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
I do believe in God. I would rather not justify my position because I respect your beliefs and I don't want to offend anyone :)

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
@RC_4777

#RomanCatholic

Yes, God does exist despite what you believe in. Even if you don't believe He exists, the matter of the fact is He does. As Catholics, we believe that he created all of us and everything on this earth. He gives us guidance in our times of needs or struggle, all we need to do is pray. During life, we need to grow in our faith and be able to truly know God. In everything you do, be prepared that your life could be over at any time. Are you satisfied with your life? Do you truly know God? The keys to Heaven are a gift; how you live your life determines whether or not you will have eternal and everlasting life in heaven.

That's Catholicism in a nutshell. ;)
Don't try and force people to become Catholics, even though I am myself.

Personally, Diest. I've never gotten why so many people believe in god, and the REALLY religious people say "GO TO HELL IF UR ATHIEST UR SUMTHING LIKE THAT" When really if they say stuff like that, THEYRE the ones that should go to hell. If it does exist. But really, there's no scientific evidence if god, or anything in that matter exists. I just think that Human philosophy gets stretched overtime to create religions, which I just find to be whack. Like remember that game called "Telephone" when you were five, when you had to spread the message and the last person says what they hear? I think that's how religions form, nothing like the coming of jesus or any other thing from any other religion exists for happened. Really I just find religion pointless. People take their religion from their parents. I feel bad anyone that goes to church at all.
You sir, have crossed the line.
You pity people that believe in God.
Just because we believe in a God means we should go to hell?
Never, EVER go insulting someones religion, or a religion in general.
Something tells me you just started a flame war. @GotCubes you may want to keep an eye on this thread from now on.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just because we believe in a God means we should go to hell?
My friend, you misunderstand. Though ulthar's response was a little harsh-toned, he's saying that if anyone is telling people that they're going to hell, they are being a destructive force to those people, which is also a bit rude and hypocritical.

This thread actually appears to be far (well, farther than one would assume) from a flame war right now :)

Lets keep it that way :)

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
This was going very well. Let's just get back to the topic and stop arguing :)

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Wasn't annoyed just pointing something out.

I would like to ask a question and could someone who is religous answer me :)
Why do you belive that the universe couldn't have just have always been around when you believe that God has alway existed? I have never understood the argument for god on that one and it would be great if someone could explain it.
I'll attempt to make this as understandable as possible.

Genesis 1:1 states that God created the Heavens and the Earth. Now the Heavens mentioned here is the universe.
Revelation 10:6 shows that God has been around forever ("and by the One who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it and the earth and the things in it and the sea and the things in it" "One" means God)

Yes, I believe in God and in creation, not in evolution.

On the subject with war and peace tide into religion, this is somewhat true. Most religions take part in wars, the priests bless their soldiers as they go into war. The civil war in Ireland (Ireland and north Ireland) was a religious war. Terrorist attacks are caused by religions. Religion plays a big part in wars, its not just politics. There are very few that actually practice the art of peace and keep out of wars and stay neutral.

Sumakid8

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm a UU. I believe in no God, but I know there's a spiritual being, more like a spirit than god. I also believe in science creating the spirit. Yep. Confused, bros?

I go to a Catholic school though, and I don't mind. I thought I believed in God when I started, but a ton of things happened and I lost belief. My mom is okay with my decision and allows me to stay at my school. It's honestly interesting, listening to all of the stories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci