• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Final Arguments: Make 'eZ', 'Rekt', 'L2P' Punishable

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't think it should be a bannable offense, but I do feel that as staff it's our job to work beside the community. Since so many community members appear to support it, I feel that it should be punishable by a kick/mute. Either way, the decision is not mine to make.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
In opinion I don't think it should be a bannable offense. It is borderline mean and rude. Things that are a little annoying should not be taken as far as being punishable. I am not condoning the use of the words eZ, Rekt, or L2P but I don't think a little trash talk should be weighed so harshly. If it turns into a more severe form of harassment then it is obviously abusive therefore punishable. Sometimes people need to shrug little things off.

Last edited:

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what happens, trash-talking is always going to happen. People saying things to make people feel bad, yeah, it makes me wonder why people get so worked up about it.
Saying "ez", "rekt" and "l2p" is annoying, yes, but you have to just man up, and realise that everywhere in almost anything competitive, there will be people trying to work you up and get you annoyed.

it doesn't matter if they make these things bannable or not, it won't stop, so the only way that you are going to be able to deal with this, is that you simply take it lightly, brush it off your shoulder and walk on.
This is part of almost everything in life, so get back up and ignore it.
"Another server" implemented a system for chat that censors certain words and it stopped at least 90% of trash talk. I guarantee you it will help this problem.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
"Another server" implemented a system for chat that censors certain words and it stopped at least 90% of trash talk. I guarantee you it will help this problem.
Hm, that seems a suitable idea.
However, a negative I see to it is that even I like to joke around with my friends, saying things like "eZ" after I kill them, just to tease them at the end of the game. Maybe it is only small part, but it may take out a small part of fun for others.
I still believe that overall something new would be created, and if that became blocked, more and more would come.
If this was to get blocked now, (which I believe is unlikely), how long has it took? It probably started in the summer, so that is maybe 6 or 7 months?
At this rate, anything else that would come up again it would take another half of a year to stop. You may find a difference for a short while, but I believe that it would probably always come back.
There are also simple loopholes that can't be avoided. An example that I can see is that;
'lol'. That tiny phrase, could be used to laugh at a players skill, but how can we punish someone for saying 'lol'. I see too many loopholes if this was to be blocked.

Twistology

Career
Reaction score
I don't think it should be bannable, but it should definitely be filtered.

J

Jojo

I know another big survival games server where those words are bannable and to be honest: it causes even more flame and conflicts.
The one side says "eZ" and the other side "omg you said eZ enjoy bannnn!1!11!1!!!".
That doesn't help at all.
So in my opinion - no, don't make it bannable.
Say to yourself "kids these days..." and just leave the server, cool down and after max. 10 minutes you forgot about it. It's honestly not a big deal ;)

Anyways I don't like to see people saying such things. It's unnecessary and immature.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I know the server you're referring to. Where on earth are you pulling these statistics from? Lol.

To everyone who'd like a realistic solution: Stop caring. It's a game.

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The way it works for me, is that I don't say gg, or eZ or anything. When I fight and win or die, I always say GF if it was a good fight. People haven't really said it to me maybe because I'm a VIP and I hold magical powers that could get a mod to get em banned, but I mean if you're just nice, they will be nice back and no flame will start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci