• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Freeze Island

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Name 3 reasons unrelated to ice that made the map bad. -,-

I'm waaitiiing!

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
DisguisedDolphin thinks that Freeze should stay.

So basically, I don't really know why this map was removed, but I really enjoyed it and hoped that it'll make a come-back! :)
I think they removed it because there were already three maps that were almost exactly the same.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
I think they removed it because there were already three maps that were almost exactly the same.
Maybe now with the new voting system, it could be added.

Sorry, didn't mean to necro the thread in the first place :confused:

Theoremz

Diamond
Reaction score
Tbh it was a very nice LOOKING map. Unfortunately, ice pvp is terrible so no thanks ^-^

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Man's got one hell of a point. Teweran I's got ice but it wasn't voted anywhere near as much as Freeze was on the old voting system. Plus, I don't know what else was bad about the map other than JUST ice-related problems. The tier IIs were easily accessible (erm...the lava mountain was hard to exit from both ways but it was still easily accessible.

In fact, I challenge someone to name three things wrong with Freeze Island that don't pertain to the ice.

Edit: Might as well necro quote since someone already necro'd the entire thread. #DiscussionRevived

You're welcome! :D
You do realize that Teweran I was extremely popular back in v1 and the only reason it's not played is because nobody is fixing the tiering?

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Nope, I just assumed no one played Teweran I due to the influx of newer, frankly more interesting, maps. That and Teweran II and III greatly outdo their predecessor in terms of construction.

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
Name 3 reasons unrelated to ice that made the map bad. -,-

I'm waaitiiing!
Accepted.

1. Lack of routes other than the creeper's eye (which is why it was removed)
2. 80% ice with no chests to be found on said ice.
3. There were already 2 other versions which most considered better (though in my opinion, breeze was worse.)

thats without even saying how horrible ice pvp is.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Accepted.

1. Lack of routes other than the creeper's eye (which is why it was removed)
2. 80% ice with no chests to be found on said ice.
3. There were already 2 other versions which most considered better (though in my opinion, breeze was worse.)

thats without even saying how horrible ice pvp is.
Refute of #1: The lava mountain had two, albeit quite risky, yet somewhat less-traveled extremely well-tiered routes (both the parkour through the top as well as the lava-sheet cave thing in the side. Tomahawk's Breeze Island route on Freeze gets two new tier IIs (the one in the tree on one side of the rickety bridge and the other on the second floor of the diving board house). Those are merely two other chest routes that were even more easily accessible than the creeper eye. Plus, to be honest, the creeper eye was one of the most dangerous routes on the map - even more so, to my mind, than both lava ones.

Refute of #2: So? There are little to no chests in the water on Breeze Island and Breeze V2, but that just means the chests are all found near landmarks. This is the case on most of the classic SG maps. You have to go looking for chests. It'd be too easy to just find chests lying out in the open for all to see (e.g.: Winds of Change).

Refute of #3: Breeze Island's water PVP is even more annoying than Freeze, and Demon's Breeze is annoying because, well, duh. Ice PVP is hilarious, ends a hell of a lot more quickly than water chases (not as much time to eat or utilize a fishing rod), and is a good way to practice your fishing rod combos with its "jousting" style of play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci