• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[GLOBAL] Top Player?

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
In response to the 50 million other "best players in region" threads;

Who really cares? We can all put down our own opinion, but none of it will matter- Sure, you might get a like from a player because you put him in your list, but the community will NEVER decide on who is the best player.

There are players that think being #1 on the leaderboards makes you an amazing pvper, and there are those who think that Lovelights is the best because they have a great KDR.

There are way too many of these threads coming up, and I seriously think that enough is enough- Almost very day now there is a "Post your top 5 players" thread. It's turning into spam now.

Also, a lot of the comments in the thread- with 4 wins and over 200 games played, I'm obviously the best.

TL;DR: Read it.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
The concept of a "best" player is impossible to determine, based off the fact that we as humans have good and bad days. In other competitions that are competitive and have leaderboards (lets say tennis) have fixed tournaments each year that the top players in the world play in. There are also many other tournaments players can play to improve their ranking. With mcsg,
There is no such thing, with their being practically no requirements to play other than minecraft and Internet and terrier calculating the value of a win is practically impossible. The weight of a win in a 12 lobby with a bunch of players is weighted the same as a win in a 24 lobby in which one beats a 3 team and a hacker. Therefor, the only way one can compare other players and choose a best is practically impossible.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I actually like the threads, it's fairly fun to see what players think of who's the best. This also applies to top clans, and although you say "the community will never decide" they have made their choice on a fair few things. (Forgotten being top us clan, Phoenix being top au, etc)

For the players that are actually mentioned it's a good thing. Without offence intended, you've most likely never been included in one of those threads so I highly doubt you'd know that feel of praise.

One thing I'd love though is just one plain thread, one for top clans and one for best players. We don't need 50 different threads on overrated, underrated players from every region and so on. A few threads which would actually stay up without flame would be lovely!

darklum3n

Platinum
Reaction score
1.Huahwi
2.Marchelloabc
3.thegreatkran (Kranzo)
3.sixzoseven (if he still played #1)
4.Justicedog (Ping abuses)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads