• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Has Ping Warped Our PvP Mindset?

What matters most in a fight?

• Total voters

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sure, Minecraft PvP is rather ping-based, but skill is a greater asset than ping (unless you're fighting someone with 2500ms when they have 10ms; nothing will save you there).

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
d0od u used ur sword liek 2 tymes nd didunt run and spam f1re lik a nrmal pursun!1!1 png abyuser

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest it depends on people around you, for instance I play on EU where the majority of people live in a relatively close proximity to where the server is hosted - in France I believe. Almost everyone gets full bars or between 1-100 ms I think. So basically everyone gets the full reach hits meaning in EU we must have a different play style to people in US or possibly AU where the average ping is higher. This can have a number of knock on effects such as having to disengage from a fight earlier because the other player will most likely get 2 hits on you while you are running away and also while being chased having to give yourself a further distance for manoeuvre or placing flint and steel. I am not saying it is easier to play on any region, in fact it is a fairly level playing field. I suppose low ping is more of an issue in the US or AU because there is a greater difference between player's latency whereas in EU it is easier to deal with these people because you already have decent ping. For instance to EU I get between 30-50ms (on the Xime /ping command), many of the people I know play EU get around the same: very rarely do I see people with any lower than 4 bars.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Ping means nothing, if you have a good ping you can use that to your advantage and play agressivly and if you have a bad ping you can play defensively. For example Gravey4rd is number 1 in the world and I know that he gets terrible connection.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ping means nothing, if you have a good ping you can use that to your advantage and play agressivly and if you have a bad ping you can play defensively. For example Gravey4rd is number 1 in the world and I know that he gets terrible connection.
<--

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci