• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to write a great application: A guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
Anyone who applied and doesn't have enough knowledge to make their application detailed are for sure the last people I want to see with the staff position.

But nonetheless, great guide :3

KaiCraft80

Spectator
Reaction score
Well Nice Guide! I'm gonna probably use this guide in the future, when i turn 14 D:

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
This looks like it must have taken a long time! I've figured out a lot of this on my own, but there were a few small things I could have been doing better, like the First+Last name thing. Thanks!

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
I've never understood why it states that applicants should be 18 years of age +, yet 14 years of age + are accepted. Hardly any people aged 18 or over are moderators and there is a significant maturity difference of a 14 year old to an 18 year old, yes some can be maturer/less mature but we all know there is a big difference, even though some will argue otherwise. On top of this, which in my eyes already seems an age acception from 18 to 14 years, you then offer other age acceptions to 13 year olds? This seems to make no sense in my head, why not just lower the age restrictions in general rather than saying it's 18 + and making loads of other rules and acceptions around this?

Also I feel that the standards have dropped for recruiting - back when I became a mod and even before that, I think the senior mods were much more picky in applicants - which was in fact a good thing.
I actually can state that our standards have raised 10 fold. Getting through the application stage is the hardest it's ever been. Even my staff application would be declined by me. The reason people believe that our standards have dropped is because we've dropped the age requirement and once in a blue moon we need to demote a staff member. But that quite frankly is judging something based off of 1 bad thing. Our staff work their butts off. We make mistakes, as does every human being. But to judge someone by their 1 or 2 mistakes rather than their hundreds of successions, really brings up the question, how can I judge someone who makes as much of an impact to this community whilst I sit and complain. I think of this community as a family. If everyone does their fair share, it makes a difference. Instead of sitting and complaining that the rubbish bin is full, take the intiative to take it out. The community can help in more ways than you think. The question is, are you willing to be that difference?

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
We make mistakes, as does every human being. But to judge someone by their 1 or 2 mistakes rather than their hundreds of successions, really brings up the question, how can I judge someone who makes as much of an impact to this community whilst I sit and complain.
This statement right here is so true. If only more people in the world thought this way...

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I think I might just apply after reading this! Wish me luck! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member