• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If changing your regedit values is allowed, why isn't gamma?

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
People edit the registry system on this crappy block game? That is pathetic, wtf

Juggernaut

Platinum
Reaction score
EliteStar accidentally set his regedit to 62 instead of 2, and it fried his CPU. RIP

edit like a month afterwards: turns out he said he did that so people didn't think he reg'd anymore.

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Am I stupid for not knowing what regedits are?

BedIntruder plz play nice no want mah f33lings hurt

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
Gamma gives a view advantage, regedit gives kb advantage, and they both are things allowed and dealt with on most mc servers, mcsg has to be different and allows regedit but not gamma, no one knows why.
the same way they are "different" by removing friend rank and replacing it with a rank you can get in store..

Reaction score
catch up on the times m9

Notice how they both take upwards KB and not normal kb

stimpy is taking much less kb than Cringed is

DarkInferno is taking practically 0 kb compared to Stimpy

Combo is taking much less kB than dj

Last vid.
Stimpy is taking much less KB than Combo in this video (Stimpy used regedit for a while)
It's ironic that the guy named "Cringed" is taking more kb if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Regedit isn't a Minecraft modification. It's something edited in the registry values of your computer to increase latency between whatever and whatever. I don't know the specifics, heck some laptops come with "regedit" values in place to make them more efficient. Yes you take less knockback in certain cases, but in reality you're just optimizing your computer (as long as you don't jack up the values too high).

Gamma, on the other hand, is a direct Minecraft modification that increases the brightness of your computer with intent for improving gameplay. Honestly Optifine gives more of an advantage than this, and if you've played on a Mac computer before you know how dark they are, so allowing gamma isn't necessarily cheating, it's just putting Mac users on an even playing field.

Also, let's look at this from perspective. UHC servers allow gamma, HCF/pot servers allow gamma, OCN allows gamma (I think), etc. You name the server, it's likely they allow gamma and we share playerbases with all of these networks. Is it fair to go around nailing all these players for using gamma just because they come over to MCSG occasionally and didn't go through all of our rules?

I'd love to see some change on this specific subject, something will be brought up :)

beneu

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Regedit isn't a Minecraft modification. It's something edited in the registry values of your computer to increase latency between whatever and whatever. I don't know the specifics, heck some laptops come with "regedit" values in place to make them more efficient. Yes you take less knockback in certain cases, but in reality you're just optimizing your computer (as long as you don't jack up the values too high).

Gamma, on the other hand, is a direct Minecraft modification that increases the brightness of your computer with intent for improving gameplay. Honestly Optifine gives more of an advantage than this, and if you've played on a Mac computer before you know how dark they are, so allowing gamma isn't necessarily cheating, it's just putting Mac users on an even playing field.

Also, let's look at this from perspective. UHC servers allow gamma, HCF/pot servers allow gamma, OCN allows gamma (I think), etc. You name the server, it's likely they allow gamma and we share playerbases with all of these networks. Is it fair to go around nailing all these players for using gamma just because they come over to MCSG occasionally and didn't go through all of our rules?

I'd love to see some change on this specific subject, something will be brought up :)
How does Gamma help you in SG? radodim got banned cause he used Gamma in SG... Gamma doesn't help in PvP but Regedit does...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci