• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If MCGamer could host anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koopr

Platinum
Reaction score
Wherever the Central part of this world is; so everyone can get equal ping. I doubt anywhere would be a decent location, but still, it's an opinion! ;)

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
asia... you could host events on the AS servers, and seeing how it's basically the middle of the world, everyone has a chance to win events, etc. because everyone has the same chance of winning (ping wise). except of course the people who live in asia :rolleyes:

or is that not how servers work? idk...

TheUnicorn

Spectator
Reaction score
I dont want this location to change at all. I live in Australia and my ping is great its actually the only server hosted au, i wouldn't want it to change.

LegendarySkills

Tribute
Reaction score
I know a couple of my friends want AS! Just curious what is the ping of people living in SA to US?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would imagine having some sort of Middle Eastern or African network being hosted in MCGamer. But I am quite uncertain to that, due to the fact that there aren't many people who would be willing to go to such regions. But I can see a lot of people willing to have South American servers being hosted.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
IMO, Asia/Middle-east. THERE ARE SO MANY TURKISH PLAYERS (AND I'D GET BETTER PING) And just saying, Turkish people are RICH, RICH, RICH ;)

ItsConquer

Spectator
Reaction score
I would want a server for the US hosted in Texas, or somewhere in the central area. This way it is even for everyone unless you in the central :D

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see the US network moved from Arizona to Texas. Yes, there is a CA network for northern US people, but (1) southern states like Florida and Georgia still don't get good connection to any server and (2) CA is almost empty half the time, so playing on CA versus US isn't as fun.

Additionally, I'd like to see the EU servers moved to Italy or Germany. Though it isn't a big move, it does make a big difference in places such as Turkey and Romania, which takes up huge amount of our player base in EU. Besides that, it still offers a good connection to the UK and France.

With AU, I am not very familiar with anything so I have nothing to suggest for it. Another question out of curiosity, how many servers are there in the US?

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Lately, the community has witnessed a rise of players coming from South America. It seems like people stopped asking for AS and went on to ask about SA. It seems like a strategic location to give a shot as I personally know of a few South American players.

Personally, I think the best place to host SA servers would be Argentina or Brazil. These are the 2 central places in SA and it would be close to the majority.

I think AS has died out, there aren't many players.

Also, I can account for Middle Eastern/African servers since I know a lot of people who live here (I live in Saudi Arabia).​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci