• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If MCGamer could host anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
There are a lot of people that have been asking about South American servers. I know it has come up in moderator meetings as well in the Staff Q&A. Now, I'm not sure how many players actually play in that region, but if it's coming up in mod meetings then it must be somewhat wanted.

A part of the community also wants to see the AS servers return. I know it was originally closed because of the lack of players, but there may be more Asian players that have came to the servers because of how much it has grown since we last had the AS servers. If a surge in the amount of players in Asia did, in fact, occur, I think it would be a very viable option to consider.

In the end, it would be smart to go with what is economically best for the servers by putting it in an area that has a lot of demand. The main two places that I've seen asked for are AS and SA servers. If the SA and AS servers were created, almost all of the continents would have a close-to-home server to play on and would give a nice connection advantage to residents of said continent. The only 2 continents not covered are Antarctica and Africa, which to be honest, probably don't have many people that own a computer decent enough to play Minecraft or an internet connection capable of connecting to servers, for that matter.
People have internet and minecraft in africa lol have u been to africa they're not like all starving.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not a just hacking server so all the hackers can hack there and the mods can easily ban them ;) (sarcasm intended)
We'll call it the Roach Motel. Let's do it!

People have internet and minecraft in africa lol have u been to africa they're not like all starving.
In all my time here, I've only heard of one suggestion for Africa servers. Apparently the South Africans really like their Minecraft. But considering we barely get any African traffic, it just wouldn't be worth it.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
In all my time here, I've only heard of one suggestion for Africa servers. Apparently the South Africans really like their Minecraft. But considering we barely get any African traffic, it just wouldn't be worth it.
Well they probably don't play MCSG especially South Africa since the ping to the closest server is probably at least 150 (EU)

And those are the ones WITH internet c:

Last edited:

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I know they aren't all starving, that's just how many countries, including the U.S. portray them - I'm not going to go into depth with that one. Even within the most developed areas of Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, etc.), not many people have a great connection. Sure, there are a lot of cybercafes where people can go but the connection in most African countries are pretty bad. Africa's bandwith is about 1/17th of the total bandwith in Europe, not to mention how expensive it is, with connections being as much as 50 times more expensive than European internet is. Africa's internet is definitely getting better though. I know you didn't really bring any of this up, but I just wanted to prove the point that I didn't say that because I think they are all starving.

Here are some sources, if you want to check them out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Africa
http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/internet/how-bad-is-africas-internet

Josh_Zhy

Career
Reaction score
I know they aren't all starving, that's just how many countries, including the U.S. portray them - I'm not going to go into depth with that one. Even within the most developed areas of Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, etc.), not many people have a great connection. Sure, there are a lot of cybercafes where people can go but the connection in most African countries are pretty bad. Africa's bandwith is about 1/17th of the total bandwith in Europe, not to mention how expensive it is, with connections being as much as 50 times more expensive than European internet is. Africa's internet is definitely getting better though. I know you didn't really bring any of this up, but I just wanted to prove the point that I didn't say that because I think they are all starving.

Here are some sources, if you want to check them out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Africa
http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/internet/how-bad-is-africas-internet
wiki is never wrong! Have you ever been to like north Africa, like the richer areas. Those people live better then me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci