• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If MCGamer could host anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be "Choose One" but I'm just going to address ALL the suggestions with some of my thinking. And NO Col_StaR I'm not bias towards a server that I want that I can get 5 ping to that server. (Note that most of the sources for the info I'm writing here may not be reliable since it's from reading every post on this thread. Feel free to correct me :p)

Also, BACK ON THE FORUMS :D!

Northern AU: Not sure what servers are there, and since it would be farther from

Western/Mid AU: I don't know what servers there are there, but OhFancy said that he's in Western AU and got good connection to AS but not sure if he's farther north than the people suggesting this are. And as for mid AU, there is absolutely nothing there, anyone knows that.

NZ Servers: AU servers are in Sydney.

Russian Servers: Any good Russian servers? Also, it might be too isolated because if it's in central Russia there would probably be no players on (as in not even 3 digits at peak hours).

SA Servers: This would be a great addition since all the people say that we have a strong support of SA players, if we have any choices, west or east SA but just south of the equator.

Regarding EU: Too lazy to do every suggestion so many :p. As for EU, instead of adding more and more servers there should either be an EU server in Germany, or a Western and Eastern EU, kinda set up how US and CA are but not as far apart. One should be left where the current EU is now for players in the British Isl. and one for Russia, Turkey, and everything around there farther north but not too far for the south people. I saw a post a while ago about Eastern EU and how lots of the culture there are different than Western EU and I have to say I agree and there are I think enough players for 2 but if not than just the central EU idea. This all depends on if we can find servers.

Regarding General NA: Ok, I've seen LOTS of things about NA so be prepared. Remember, no TL;DR's for you. MCGamer probably doesn't have tons of money contrary to popular belief. But I'm not Chad so I'm not sure, either way, we need to do something that's financially correct for all of us. So just adding more and more servers would drain the bank and also split the community because let's face it, 90% of NA players speak english, and we don't need to split the community in this case. I suggest plopping a server somewhere in mid-US like northern Texas or Oklahoma. Why? Well to ensure some Mexican players (if we have any) can get playable ping and people all across the country can get ok ping and people in CA can also get ok ping because I don't think too many players live that far north. This again, depends on if Chad can find servers.

Regarding AS: I think Asian servers would be a great return in Singapore. For northern AU, Japanese, Chinese, Indian players and everyone in sootheast AS it would be accessible. This is why we don't exactly need a western or northern AU because it's south enough so that northwestern and northern AU can play as well. This amount of countries must amount to some player base.

Hope you survived that! Remember these ideas are based on what I know and what I think is best for the server.
TL;DR:
• Add an SA server around central SA (eastern of western is fine)
• Get rid of CA and move US to south-central US and rename to NA
• Rename the current EU to western EU and add an eastern EU somewhere on the center of the border of EU and AS or just move EU to Germany
• Add AS back in Singapore

OhGordon

Survivor
Reaction score
Nope, I said 'practically' deserted, because in comparison to the other states, WA is a very small population. Btw, have you turned 13 yet?
Um what, what kinda question it that may i pls ask lmao lmao
+ W.A is not practically deserted, really.

BadboyRulez465

Spectator
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be "Choose One" but I'm just going to address ALL the suggestions with some of my thinking. And NO Col_StaR I'm not bias towards a server that I want that I can get 5 ping to that server. (Note that most of the sources for the info I'm writing here may not be reliable since it's from reading every post on this thread. Feel free to correct me :p)

Also, BACK ON THE FORUMS :D!

Northern AU: Not sure what servers are there, and since it would be farther from

Western/Mid AU: I don't know what servers there are there, but OhFancy said that he's in Western AU and got good connection to AS but not sure if he's farther north than the people suggesting this are. And as for mid AU, there is absolutely nothing there, anyone knows that.

NZ Servers: AU servers are in Sydney.

Russian Servers: Any good Russian servers? Also, it might be too isolated because if it's in central Russia there would probably be no players on (as in not even 3 digits at peak hours).

SA Servers: This would be a great addition since all the people say that we have a strong support of SA players, if we have any choices, west or east SA but just south of the equator.

Regarding EU: Too lazy to do every suggestion so many :p. As for EU, instead of adding more and more servers there should either be an EU server in Germany, or a Western and Eastern EU, kinda set up how US and CA are but not as far apart. One should be left where the current EU is now for players in the British Isl. and one for Russia, Turkey, and everything around there farther north but not too far for the south people. I saw a post a while ago about Eastern EU and how lots of the culture there are different than Western EU and I have to say I agree and there are I think enough players for 2 but if not than just the central EU idea. This all depends on if we can find servers.

Regarding General NA: Ok, I've seen LOTS of things about NA so be prepared. Remember, no TL;DR's for you. MCGamer probably doesn't have tons of money contrary to popular belief. But I'm not Chad so I'm not sure, either way, we need to do something that's financially correct for all of us. So just adding more and more servers would drain the bank and also split the community because let's face it, 90% of NA players speak english, and we don't need to split the community in this case. I suggest plopping a server somewhere in mid-US like northern Texas or Oklahoma. Why? Well to ensure some Mexican players (if we have any) can get playable ping and people all across the country can get ok ping and people in CA can also get ok ping because I don't think too many players live that far north. This again, depends on if Chad can find servers.

Regarding AS: I think Asian servers would be a great return in Singapore. For northern AU, Japanese, Chinese, Indian players and everyone in sootheast AS it would be accessible. This is why we don't exactly need a western or northern AU because it's south enough so that northwestern and northern AU can play as well. This amount of countries must amount to some player base.

Hope you survived that! Remember these ideas are based on what I know and what I think is best for the server.
TL;DR:
• Add an SA server around central SA (eastern of western is fine)
• Get rid of CA and move US to south-central US and rename to NA
• Rename the current EU to western EU and add an eastern EU somewhere on the center of the border of EU and AS or just move EU to Germany
• Add AS back in Singapore
Amen! Exactly what I meant. :)

Rhu

Diamond
Reaction score
I would have to say Turkey or Spain as the teams and the hackers that come from those areas of the world ruin the community of the EU servers :p We have a lot of hackers and not to be a stereotype but it's true - 2/3 people that have TR in their name tend to hack. And 1/3 of other Turkish players are usually hackers. I hate to say that but the upsetting thing is it's true and the Eu players have to deal with it. (When I say we deal with it I mean hackers every game and 1-4 teams of any number every game). Adding a server to Turkey would help the EU server a lot due to the amount of hackers and teams, and also the fact that 30-50% of the EU servers tend to be Turkish players. Ask any other EU top 100 leaderboard player where most of the hackers live and they'll say Turkey, Russia and or Spain. But most of the hackers come from Turkey. (Sorry if i sounded like a stereotype but this is the pure truth of the EU hackers, they mostly come from turkey. And this doesn't mean hackers don't live anywhere else in the world, It means that a lot of the hackers come from Turkey). I think you should do this to help us EU players out as we put up with so much just to play a game, and at the end of the day it isn't even fun due to losing every game to teams and hackers. So it would be nicer if you did all you can to help the EU servers by taking this stepping stone to remove a lot of the hackers. Personally I am scottish and i don't want this to happen for myself. It would change the Eu server community Massively, please consider this ;D

Fluhh

Spectator
Reaction score
I would have to say Turkey or Spain as the teams and the hackers that come from those areas of the world ruin the community of the EU servers :p We have a lot of hackers and not to be a stereotype but it's true - 2/3 people that have TR in their name tend to hack. And 1/3 of other Turkish players are usually hackers. I hate to say that but the upsetting thing is it's true and the Eu players have to deal with it. (When I say we deal with it I mean hackers every game and 1-4 teams of any number every game). Adding a server to Turkey would help the EU server a lot due to the amount of hackers and teams, and also the fact that 30-50% of the EU servers tend to be Turkish players. Ask any other EU top 100 leaderboard player where most of the hackers live and they'll say Turkey, Russia and or Spain. But most of the hackers come from Turkey. (Sorry if i sounded like a stereotype but this is the pure truth of the EU hackers, they mostly come from turkey. And this doesn't mean hackers don't live anywhere else in the world, It means that a lot of the hackers come from Turkey). I think you should do this to help us EU players out as we put up with so much just to play a game, and at the end of the day it isn't even fun due to losing every game to teams and hackers. So it would be nicer if you did all you can to help the EU servers by taking this stepping stone to remove a lot of the hackers. Personally I am scottish and i don't want this to happen for myself. It would change the Eu server community Massively, please consider this ;D
I have to agree on this one an AS server would be great for Turkish Players and anyone in Asia.

ItsKaiYT

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers! I been recently on our social network profiles getting some information on searching for a new possible location for our community. If we could host an additional Minecraft network location anywhere in the world, what location would you want us to host at and why? We appreciate your feedback by posting here or sharing in our discussions on Twitter and Facebook:

https://twitter.com/MCGamerNetwork/status/588458604966989824
https://www.facebook.com/mcsgservers/posts/714035778719650

Updating you all on our existing locations:

For Australia, we are still working out details on why the AU location keeps dropping during peak times. It's gone to the point where the NOC (network operation center) is doing an investigation on our servers to see why. We only hope it will improve from here but will be monitoring for any new issues.

Our Canada network had an issue a few days ago that was resolved. Everything is back online and normal.

Thank you everyone and appreciate the feedback.
To be honest i think asia is great as:
1. Theres never a server close to people living in asia
2. If it is hosted in Singapore, Im gonna be a pinger xD.. O0ps.

NemesisMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
lol just move the us servers to a better location where you don't have some people getting 5 block hits and some people complaining about not being able to hit anyone. Or just do a East US and a West US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci