• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Installing Mods on 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To My knowledge this doesn't method doesn't work anymore, though some of the steps are still the same. so I'm going to just lock it until I have the time to revise the thread.

Here's my guide on how to manually install mods guide. (Previously the Installing Optifine guide)

Windows Users - This guide uses Winrar, install that or something similar that works.
Mac Users - Install "The Unarchiver" app from the Mac App store.
  1. Go to ~\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/versions/)
    Linux: Navigate to your home folder and do CTRL+H, the .minecraft folder should appear.
  2. Make a copy of the 1.6.2 folder.
    (If you don't have one, make sure you have launched the game on 1.6.2 at least once and it should appear)
  3. Rename the folder something different. ( I used 1.6.2M, for Modded)
  4. Then rename the .jar and the .JSON files with the exact same names. (If you see a folder with the word "natives" in it, check and make sure that Minecraft is closed.)
  5. Open the .JSON file in notepad, then change the name at the top to match the rename.
  6. Then drag in the files from the zip downloaded into the new jar like you would normally.
    Right-click and open the jar with Winrar, then drag the contents of the zip into the window that opened.
    Right-click or CTRL-click the jar and open with "The Unarchiver" app

Then rename the jar so it won't be used by the launcher.
    Try renaming it or changing the file extension. ex. 1.6.2old.jar, or 1.6.2M.bak
    Then rename the folder so it has a .jar extention, this will fool the game into using the folder as a jar.
  7. Open the Minecraft launcher and click on "New Profile" or "Edit Profile"
  8. Click on the drop down next to "Use Version" and change it from "Use latest Version" to "Use Version 1.6.2M"
  9. Now hit "Save Profile and launch your game.
Hope this helps!
:D

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can't seem to find 1.6.2M in my launcher, editing profile..
It doesn't exist, you have to get it from the mediafire link I put up.

If the launcher was open when you dragged it in, make sure to close and reopen it.

(I had the same problem)

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
I must';ve f'ed something up cause the options don't show up :'(

EDIT; All cool now :)

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
Update, everything is pink and black.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just did a test. That zip works on Mac and Linux too, well Ubuntu anyway.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
The file is in my versions folder, however it doesn't show up in 'Use version', I think I've done it all right...

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Update, everything is pink and black.
Odd. that didn't happen for me and I tried it on 3 different computers with 3 different OS'. Though I have heard of this issue.

Download this class and put it in the jar file. I'll add it to the zip now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m5s62h40ma9zwn/ats.class

The file is in my versions folder, however it doesn't show up in 'Use version', I think I've done it all right...
Restart the launcher.
Make sure it's the folder within that zip you downloaded that's in the versions folder and not the zip itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci