• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Installing Mods on 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirigayaKazuto

Tribute
Reaction score
Thought id point out if you are having trouble installing mods on 1.6, there is a chance your old launcher merged with your new one. This happened to me because my old launcher wasnt.. err.. legit.. The easiest way to install mods on 1.6, delete your minecraft files first, run the launcher n let it download new files.. then follow instructions here....

*Edit*
Backup your worlds and servers ect....

I have done that already but. I have somehow got optifine. But now when i launch minecraft and go inside lets say single player. the screen freezes after 5secs of login.

Whiplash_Ninja

Tribute
Reaction score
*Will leave this to more experienced people*
Dont follow my tips i am only guessing from this point.

Whiplash_Ninja

Tribute
Reaction score
I had a few people recommend Magic Launcher also, i try to avoid third party programs, but generally if more than a few MC players recommend a prog, its safe and good. Plenty of tutorials on it also. Im going to be getting it later today.

KirigayaKazuto

Tribute
Reaction score
Hmm for some reason that didn't work either but well i will try it out thanks for helping me out

Whiplash_Ninja

Tribute
Reaction score
Im confused how removing minecraft did not work, have you tried completely removing MC? even the launcher? Just make hard backups of your worlds n servers, wipe the whole lot, download a fresh launcher. I would suggest maybe trying a different download location for Optifine http://optifine.net/home.php (The official page)
If you already got your copy from there.. then... good luck! Dont let it get you down, all else fails you could trust a computer guru to VNC into ur pc and sort the problem out.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Im confused how removing minecraft did not work, have you tried completely removing MC? even the launcher? Just make hard backups of your worlds n servers, wipe the whole lot, download a fresh launcher. I would suggest maybe trying a different download location for Optifine http://optifine.net/home.php (The official page)
If you already got your copy from there.. then... good luck! Dont let it get you down, all else fails you could trust a computer guru to VNC into ur pc and sort the problem out.
Removing the launcher probably won't fix it. no reason in deleting anything else in the minecraft folder either, though it doesn't hurt. Only thing I can think of is that you should try a older version of 1.6 optifine. I'm still using the initial release and have no problems.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To quote the rules page.
ChadTheDJ said:
Allowed Mods list:

• Optifine
  • Shaders Mod or "GLSL Shaders"
  • Toomanyitems
  • Armorstatus
  • Directionhub
  • Multiplayer profiles mod
  • Macros Mod [only for staff since normal members can use it to break rules]
  • Camera Studio
  • Animated Players Mod
This list will update over time.

Any mods not posted on the mods list should be verified with staff before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci